Marketing Day: Yelp-Sprinklr Deal, Google AMP Launch Date & Facebook Messenger Ads
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- WATCH: “Marketing Land Live” Premiere Episode, Our New Weekly Video Show
Feb 19, 2016 by Matt McGee
If you missed today’s live video show, watch the replay below with some of the Marketing Land editorial team discussing this week’s important news stories.
- Yelp Offers Full Reviews Database To Social Monitoring Tool Sprinklr
Feb 19, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Company sees the deal as way to show the value of Yelp to brands.
- Everything Should Not Be A Blog Post: Start Using Silos
Feb 19, 2016 by Patrick Stox
Having trouble deciding how content should be organized on your website? Rather than put everything on your blog, columnist Patrick Stox recommends a silo structure.
- Agency Metrics That Matter In Search & Beyond
Feb 19, 2016 by Janet Driscoll Miller
We track all sorts of metrics for our SEO clients, but what about for ourselves? Columnist Janet Driscoll Miller discusses what agencies should be measuring in order to ensure efficiency and profitability.
- 5-Point Online Marketing Training Regimen
Feb 19, 2016 by Stoney deGeyter
Columnist Stoney deGeyter offers some pointers on how to get your website into tip-top shape to help you compete in online marketing.
- Yahoo Holds Mobile Developer Event Against Backdrop Of Uncertain Future
Feb 19, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Company cites mobile progress while board explores “strategic options.”
- AdWords Drafts Now Gives Advertisers The Ability To Review Campaign Changes Before Pushing Live
Feb 19, 2016 by Greg Finn
With the addition of “Drafts,” advertisers will no longer have to make massive changes to your AdWords accounts in real time.
- Four Expert Tips For Making The Most Of An Affiliate Network
Feb 19, 2016 by Adam Weiss
The rise of native advertising and more integrated approaches is driving a resurgence of growth in the affiliate marketing arena. Contributor Adam Weiss shares four tactics that can help advertisers and publishers make the most of the opportunity.
- Tim Peterson Joins Marketing Land To Report On Social/Digital Media
Feb 19, 2016 by Matt McGee
Former Advertising Age and Adweek reporter is newest member of Third Door Media’s editorial team.
- The Ultimate Multi-Channel Social Strategy Survival Guide
Feb 19, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
In this comprehensive guide from Union Metrics , you’ll learn how to develop — or improve — your social strategy, no matter the social media channels where you spend your time.
- Vine’s Sticking To Its 6-Second Limit, But There Are Workarounds
Feb 19, 2016 by Tim Peterson
User Experience chief says some Vine creators tell stories over multiple videos, while others create accounts specifically to tell one story over time.
- Ad Age: Google To Launch Accelerated Mobile Pages On February 24
Feb 18, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google is set to launch AMP in their mobile search results Wednesday, but you can demo it now at g.co/ampdemo on your mobile device.
- Want To Speak At Marketing Land SocialPro? Here’s How
Feb 18, 2016 by Chris Sherman
The agenda for our upcoming Marketing Land SocialPro show is live, and we’ve opened up our “speaking pitch” form for select sessions for the show, taking place June 20–21, 2016, at the Bell Harbor conference center in Seattle. To increase the odds of being selected, be sure to read the agenda.
- Report: Ads Could Come To Facebook Messenger Within Months
Feb 18, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Ads could be sent to users that businesses had prior contact with on Messenger.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- App Indexing & The New Frontier Of SEO: App Packs & App Store Search
- Google App Streaming Now Live For Many Apps Via Try Now Button
- Are Dynamic Ad Varieties A Waste Of Your Time?
- Search In Pics: Brett Dennen At Google, A Doctor’s Google Sign & Google Moving Boxes
- Webmasters: Be On The Lookout For Hreflang Implementation Notifications From Google
- Bing Rolls Out Red Carpet For The Oscars With Its “Academy Awards Experience”
- Trademark Court’s Impossible Order: Uber Told To Change Google Search Results
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Keeping Track of Affiliate Tracking, blog.cj.com
- An Intro to Data Science from Memorial Sloan Kettering and National Wildlife Federation’s Analytics Teams, thedma.org
- New York’s public Wi-Fi hubs now have Android tablets, www.theverge.com
- Yahoo Forms Board Committee to Explore Options, www.wsj.com
- 3 Key Content Pieces You Should Create, www.clicknewz.com
- 3 Resources to Help You Publish the Content Your Audience Wants, www.copyblogger.com
- 5 Content Marketing Lessons From Netflix, www.toprankblog.com
- 6 Emotions That Will Make or Break Your Content Strategy, contently.com
- 7 Ways to Get The Sales Team to Use Your Marketing Content, blog.kissmetrics.com
- When Designing A Native Advertising Platform, Publishers Have Their Work Cut Out For Them, adexchanger.com
- How To Build Trust To Improve Website Conversions, blog.crazyegg.com
- Rev Up SaaS Conversions With These Conversion Rate Optimization Tips, vwo.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 10 Biggest WordPress Myths You Must Bury, www.wpexplorer.com
- 10 Strategic Lessons from the Web’s Most Beautiful Homepages, www.blogtyrant.com
- What Bendable Screens Mean For The Future Of UI, www.fastcodesign.com
- DNAcademy is a great primer for new domain name investors, domainnamewire.com
- Domain Registration on Record Pace? Over 750K Added Yesterday Alone, www.thedomains.com
- Holiday Marketing Tips: Lessons From Valentine’s Day, www.retailtouchpoints.com
- “Commerce of Things” provides a huge opportunity for innovative retailers, www.internetretailer.com
- Auto Shoppers Tap Mobile and Digital Throughout the Purchase Funnel, www.emarketer.com
- From checkout to conversion: How to prevent basket abandonment, econsultancy.com
- How do e-commerce sites engage consumers? SimilarWeb counts the ways, www.internetretailer.com
- Monitor Accessibility Errors on Your Ecommerce Site with Scrapy, WAVE, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 2 Email Address Capture Tools To Build Your List, heidicohen.com
- 7 Ways to Get Great Results with Gmail Ads, smallbiztrends.com
General Internet Marketing
- How to Measure the ROI of Digital Advertising, blog.marketo.com
- IBM Finds Industry Convergence Is Biggest Challenge for CMOs, adage.com
- Marketing Marvels – How to Find Influencers with Little Bird, www.convinceandconvert.com
- The 3 Biggest Factors to Becoming a Digital Influencer, ignitevisibility.com
- A Billion People Use WhatsApp, But Messaging Apps Still Stump Market, adexchanger.com
- Apple Watch Sales Estimated at 5.1 Million in Holiday Quarter, www.macrumors.com
- Emoji Marketing is Growing Fast, www.socialbakers.com
- Facebook named undisputed leader in mobile advertising for app developers, venturebeat.com
- Going mobile is no longer enough, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Location Data Management 101: Seeing the Bigger Picture, streetfightmag.com
- Mobile Marketing Words To Know, www.verticalresponse.com
- With Ads In Place, Google Takes Training Wheels Off AMP, adexchanger.com
- Yahoo CEO Ignores Critics, Talks Mobile, www.cmswire.com
- The Harris Poll Releases Annual Reputation Rankings For The 100 Most Visible Companies In The U.S., www.theharrispoll.com
- Visual Realism: The Way to Build Trust With Your Audience, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Find The #MONEY in Facebook Sans BIG Data (EU-friendly!), aimClear Blog
- ‘I’m not a 14-year-old’: How 5 agency Gen X’ers Snapchat, digiday.com
- 6 Ways To Use Social Media To Make More Business This Easter, www.jeffbullas.com
- Can Snapchat turn discovery know-how into mcommerce prowess?, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Here’s What You Can Learn From The Top 25 S&P 500 Brands on Social, www.adweek.com
- Here’s Why Influencer Marketing Is All the Rage on Social Media Now, www.adweek.com
- How to Control Rich Snippets on Social Media, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Nurturing Leads With Social: How to Warm Up Your Following, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Reach-Focused Facebook Advertisers: Don’t Go Chasing Waterfalls, www.adweek.com
- Snapchat Advertisers Are Now Getting a Look at Data for Their App-Install Campaigns, www.adweek.com
- What You Didn’t Know About Snapchat’s Power for Social Good, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Why Social Marketers Need to Think Like Journalists, simplymeasured.com
- Building a Virtual Reality Platform is One of Google’s Biggest Moon Shots, www.reelseo.com
- Half of Video Campaigns in Canada Are Omnichannel, www.emarketer.com
- Here’s What Happened When 2 Creatives Pitched Their Portfolios on Periscope, www.adweek.com
- Incredible VR Experiences Start Outside the Headset, adage.com
- That’s music to my ears: watch the BRIT Awards live on YouTube, youtube-global.blogspot.com
- Vimeo Further Enhances its Android App by Adding Chromecast Streaming, www.martechadvisor.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech