Marketing Day: WooCommerce updates, Instagram’s pinch-to-zoom & Pinterest ad news
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Search competitor analysis: backlinks, keywords and pages
Aug 31, 2016 by Andrew Dennis
Columnist Andrew Dennis walks through his competitor analysis process to show how you can inform your organic search efforts by unearthing competitor strategies.
- WooCommerce adds AdRoll integration
Aug 31, 2016 by Barry Levine
Automattic’s popular e-commerce plugin for WordPress now offers a new ad/email retargeting option.
- A CMO’s View: Conservation International’s influencer marketing gives nature a familiar voice
Aug 31, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
CMO Meg Goldthwaite shares how her brand builds meaningful relationships with the likes of Harrison Ford, Ed Norton and Reese Witherspoon.
- Moving your SEO program beyond discovery
Aug 31, 2016 by Casie Gillette
As search engine optimization (SEO) professionals, we want to help new customers discover our clients’ businesses — but columnist Casie Gillette reminds us that being there for the customer after they’ve already discovered us is just as important.
- With pinch-to-zoom, Instagram takes a step towards fixing its photo, video size problem
Aug 31, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Instagram’s pinch-to-zoom feature lets people take a closer look at photos and videos, but it requires them to keep their fingers on the screen to do so.
- Five free Chrome extensions for SEO practitioners
Aug 31, 2016 by Brian Harnish
Columnist Brian Harnish details 5 free Chrome extensions he uses on a regular basis, for SEO tasks ranging from screenshots to checking links to content analysis.
- From the Editor’s Desk: Blab is dead; long live our new podcast!
Aug 31, 2016 by Matt McGee
In this month’s column, Editor-In-Chief Matt McGee talks about why we’re changing our weekly video show to an audio-only podcast.
- Pinterest will target ads to people who click on, save brand-related pins
Aug 31, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Pinterest wants brands to feel like they already have an audience to advertise to on its platform, so it’s creating one from brand-related pins.
- The future of email marketing is already here
Aug 31, 2016 by Len Shneyder
The landscape of email marketing is about to change dramatically, even if we don’t realize it yet. Columnist Len Shneyder points us down the path ahead.
- How to overcome the hardest parts of curating content for thought leadership
Aug 31, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Curating isn’t all smooth sailing. Columnist Tamar Weinberg takes a look at how you can curate successfully to become an influencer and strengthen your personal brand.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Getting started with webinars
- Local citations are dead; long live local citations!
- Why it’s time to re-evaluate your AdWords account structure
- Account-level sitelink extensions coming to AdWords
- Google introduces the ‘search live coverage carousel’ for real-time indexing & search results
- Google’s mobile-friendly label has now been removed from the search results
- Billions served: PC search is down but query volume is way up for Google
- Google launches ‘In Apps,’ a way to find content within apps on Android phones
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- A Marketer’s Guide to Navigating the Data Deluge, www.cmswire.com
- Making Marketing Analytics as Simple as 1, 2, 3, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Why Attribution Matters Now More Than Ever, www.e-nor.com
- Why Cost per Acquisition Is the Only Metric That Can Destroy Your Company, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Building Your Blog Post Plan, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How to Grow Your Audience by Getting PR For Your Blog, www.problogger.net
- How To Share WordPress Posts Automatically with Buffer, www.wpexplorer.com
- The Blogging Evolution: From Hobby To Marketing Tool, www.blogherald.com
- EU Plans New Legislation to Protect Publishers, Wall Street Journal
- Twitter Jumps After Co-Founder Says Company Has to Consider M&A, www.bloomberg.com
- Content Amplification: The Tools & Strategies You Need to Drive Growth, www.wordstream.com
- Content Marketing Mistakes and How to Avoid Them, www.toprankblog.com
- Content Rule #1: The Blank Sheet Of Paper Test, www.portent.com
- Creative Spotlight: How to Find the Right “Influencer” for Your Niche, www.copypress.com
- For Publishers, DMPs May Also Help Improve Content, adexchanger.com
- How to Breathe New Life into Your Online Content Archive, www.copyblogger.com
- I Know You Are Tired of Hearing About Content, But…, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Magazines Rely on Editorial Team for Native Ad Production, www.emarketer.com
- Omnichannel Marketing: Making Unmanageable Campaign Content Manageable, multichannelmerchant.com
- Selling the Story: How to Boost Your Bottom Line by Reimagining the Narrative, www.socialmediatoday.com
- The Importance of Owning Your Content Real Estate, www.webinknow.com
- Why IBM Is Hiring Screenwriters, adage.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 10 Tips to Improve Your Writing Skills, smallbiztrends.com
- 36 Creative Landing Page Design Examples – A Showcase and Critique, unbounce.com
- To shrink or not to shrink: Responsive vs. adaptive mobile design, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Two Distinct Approaches Aimed at Making Site Customization in WordPress Easier, wptavern.com
- Why chatbots need a ‘dominant design’, venturebeat.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- How To Save Social Shares In WordPress When Changing Domain Names, Moving To HTTPS, or Switching Permalinks, www.gsqi.com
- A closer look at the buy online pick-up in store shopper, www.internetretailer.com
- All You Need to Know About eCommerce Conversion Optimization, vwo.com
- Amazon expands Dash Buttons beyond the U.S. and into the U.K., Germany, and Austria, venturebeat.com
- Combining Email and Facebook for a Dynamite Ecommerce Marketing Campaign, moz.com
- E-commerce accounts for 7% of retail sales in France, www.internetretailer.com
- Groupon, Jet.com usher in Ibotta’s cash-back options for in-app shopping, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Nearly Half of UK Consumers Have Purchased Cross-Border, multichannelmerchant.com
- UPS Executives on B2B Ecommerce, www.emarketer.com
- Email Marketing Insights: Budget and Tactic Trends, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to Keep Your Subscribers Updated, Without Overwhelming Them, blogs.constantcontact.com
- How to Monetize Dormant Customers With a Successful Winback Campaign, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- How to Optimize Your Email Content’s Readability, movableink.com
General Internet Marketing
- ‘Real-Time’ Marketing: Still Not Quite A Reality, adexchanger.com
- 10 Key Lessons That Will Make You A Better Digital Marketer, www.jeffbullas.com
- 3 Ways to Gauge Your Team’s Marketing Maturity, blog.marketo.com
- Does Cost Per Engagement Actually Work With Influencers?, mediakix.com
- The Fight Between Two Well-Known Marketing Theories, www.marketingprofs.com
- Why a Smaller Audience May Save Your Influence Marketing, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Your Marketing Org Chart Doesn’t Work, www.convinceandconvert.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Metamarkets Expands Leadership Team with Nhan Phan as Vice President of Engineering, www.prnewswire.com
- AppsFlyer and Tencent Social Ads Partner to Bring Attribution Analytics Solution to Global Mobile App Marketers, www.prweb.com
- Episerver Acquires Omnichannel Personalization Vendor Peerius, PR Newswire
- Building Blocks: Bobbi Leach, CEO at FuturePay Talks Marketing Tech, www.martechadvisor.com
- Why SMB Marketers Value Flexibility in Marketing Technology, www.emarketer.com
- App Store Optimisation Checklist, www.branded3.com
- The Samsung vs. Apple mobile battle continues: Stats, econsultancy.com
- Brand Admiration and the Value of Respect: How to Build a Revered Brand, www.marketingprofs.com
- Want to Change Your Company’s Name? Here’s How, smallbiztrends.com
- Canada’s ad industry cracking down on paid endorsements on social media, www.cbc.ca
- 5 Proven Instagram Hashtag Strategies from the Airline Industry, simplymeasured.com
- Does your company have a Social Media Policy? Chipotle just learned its is unlawful., reputationrefinery.com
- Everything You Need To Know About Facebook Ads, www.searchenginepeople.com
- How Facebook’s trending news feature went from messy to disastrous., www.slate.com
- Instagram Stories: Five Things Marketers Need to Know, www.socialbakers.com
- Snapchat unpublishes its Facebook Page, venturebeat.com
- Social Media Mistakes: What Brands Should Do to Avoid Epic Fails, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- The Curator’s Instinct for Pinterest: How Eric Kass Blew Up, blog.tailwindapp.com
- 5 Strategies to Entice Consumers to Binge-Watch Your Product Videos, blog.kissmetrics.com
- 5 Tricks for Getting More Engagement on Facebook Live, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 5 Ways to Enhance YouTube Videos for Marketers, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Facebook starts testing stabilization for 360 video, venturebeat.com
- The Live Blog: August 31, 2016, media.fb.com
- Video Analytics Startup Mux Raises $2.8M, Hopes To Make Video Streams More User-Friendly, adexchanger.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech