Marketing Day: Twitter Moments, Oracle’s Marketing Cloud & Periscope VIP
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Content and SEO: Building linkable content
Sep 28, 2016 by Andrew Dennis
What makes content link-worthy? Columnist Andrew Dennis discusses the qualities that make content easy to promote and share.
- How do you deal with local SEO KPIs that don’t pass the smell test?
Sep 28, 2016 by Andrew Shotland
We all know that data can sometimes be unreliable, but columnist Andrew Shotland makes the case for why we shouldn’t just rely on free Google tools for data collection and analysis.
- Twitter officially opens up Moments to everyone
Sep 28, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Now any Twitter user can curate their own topic-based feed of tweets.
- Oracle updates its Marketing Cloud
Sep 28, 2016 by Barry Levine
Enhancements include a revised Canvas for orchestrating multichannel journeys and new drag-and-drop A/B testing for mobile apps.
- Google launches free version of Optimize 360, introduces Session Quality Score metric & more
Sep 28, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The company made several Analytics solutions announcements Wednesday, including updates for Google Data Studio and Tag Manager.
- Developer marketing and the myth of the Rosetta Stone
Sep 28, 2016 by Josh Aberant
Contrary to what some say, developers don’t hate marketing — unless it doesn’t respect their needs. Contributor Josh Aberant explains the right way to reach them.
- How to scale organic local marketing
Sep 28, 2016 by Megan Hannay
How can enterprise businesses grow their local marketing without ads? Columnist Megan Hannay says the only way is to rethink “organic” marketing.
- Twitter now lets brands advertise only to potential site visitors likely to become customers
Sep 28, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Twitter will let advertisers decide whether they want their ads to simply get people to visit their sites or to visit their sites and do something specific.
- Active on Periscope? Become a VIP
Sep 27, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Periscope’s VIP program rewards broadcasters with a badge of acknowledgements and perks.
- 5 marketing predictions for the next 5 years
Sep 27, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
The marketing world continues to evolve rapidly, often without warning. So it’s vital to constantly evaluate the industry and marketplace in order to stay current and competitive when changes happen, or risk being left behind.
- Forrester study: How marketing analytics increases business performance
Sep 28, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Google recently asked Forrester Consulting to survey 150 marketing, analytics and IT executives about the measurement challenges they face. The results showed that: Only 26% believed that their marketing analytics tools are well-integrated and work seamlessly together. On the other hand, marketers are 39% more likely to see improvement in their overall marketing performance when […]
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google Penguin doesn’t penalize for bad links – or does it?
- Report: Amazon grows lead as product search engine of choice
- The four pillars of the future of SEO
- Bing’s latest search features include a look at the stars, molecule models & virtual Rubik’s Cube
- How to implement mobile-specific ad copy for AdWords expanded text ads
- What you didn’t know about recent Quality Score changes
- Google: AMP will override app deep links for the foreseeable future
- Drive offline sales with Google
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 9 Affiliate Marketing Pros Offer Holiday Sales Pointers, www.practicalecommerce.com
- How to use affiliate links across social channels, blog.affiliatewindow.com
- Data Scientists vs. BI Analysts: What’s the Difference?, www.cmswire.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 7 tips to increase blog engagement, yoast.com
- Why a Powerful Brand Image Is Crucial for Successful Blogging (And 6 Ways You Can Build One), www.problogger.net
- Why We Started Treating Blog Posts Like Campaigns (and You Can Too!), unbounce.com
- 4A’s Survey: Agencies Are Still Discriminatory, adage.com
- Apple to make landmark Battersea Power Station its new London home, www.reuters.com
- Facebook and World Bank Link Up to Gather Data, www.wsj.com
- Messaging startup Slack is secretly an acronym for Searchable Log of All Communication and Knowledge, qz.com
- These Are The Four Major Players Eying A Twitter Purchase, www.fastcompany.com
- 2017 B2B Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends, www.marketingprofs.com
- AOL’s Sales Chief: Ad Dollars Are Coming Back To Content, adexchanger.com
- Ask Yourself These 3 Simple Questions to Craft Better Headlines, www.copyblogger.com
- Audio Content Marketing: 5 Actionable Tips, heidicohen.com
- Content Marketing Takes a Turn for the Better: New 2017 Research, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How a Single Piece of Content Increased Our DA by +7 Points, moz.com
- 13 WordPress Conversion Testing Plugins, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Does “Going Viral” Actually Result in More Conversions?, conversionxl.com
- The Case for CRO: Your Website is (Probably) Leaking Conversions, www.distilled.net
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 5 Questions New UX Leaders Should Ask In Their First Month, www.fastcodesign.com
- For $10,000, Donuts will block hundreds of typos and premiums for your brand, domainincite.com
- Why .Com is the Venture Capital Community’s Power Player, www.wired.com
- FedEx Rate Charges to Hit Ecommerce Shippers Hard, multichannelmerchant.com
- Here Are The Best Black Friday/Cyber Monday Resources We Could Find, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- The Alexa in the Amazon Echo released in the UK has a fitting British accent, qz.com
- Wal-Mart explores offering fulfillment services to its marketplace sellers, www.internetretailer.com
- What online shoppers want, www.internetretailer.com
- 6 Ecommerce Email Marketing Campaigns for Q4 2016, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Email Continues to Get More Mobile, www.emarketer.com
- How to Create, Sustain and Measure Your Email Marketing Engagement, movableink.com
- Why a Sign up Form Is a No-Brainer for Email List Growth, www.verticalresponse.com
- Your Holiday Marketing Wrapped Up With a Bow, www.verticalresponse.com
General Internet Marketing
- Developing Marketing Strategies: The Effective 7-Step Process, blog.hubstaff.com
- Digital marketing can generate a lower cost-per-acquisition than offline advertising, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Getting All Your Agencies to Think Digital, adage.com
- How marketers can best use digital data to launch a new product, www.internetretailer.com
- How to Build Long-Term Relationships Between Influencers and Brands, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How to Make Marketing Sponsorships Work, www.convinceandconvert.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- PowerInbox Unveils the Latest DynamicMail, the Most Advanced Solution to Maximize Customer Engagement and ROI of Marketing Emails, Business Wire
- Google unleashes deep learning tech on language with Neural Machine Translation, techcrunch.com
- Marketers Predict More Consolidation for Programmatic Tech Ecosystem, www.emarketer.com
- The Artificial Intelligence Marketing Arms Race, adexchanger.com
- 5 Ways to Make Your App Sell Itself, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How to set up Ads on your AMP Pages, developers.googleblog.com
- Is Internet Time All About Apps?, www.emarketer.com
- Just because you can does not mean you should for mobile, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Mobile’s disruption power extends from big brands to small, says FedEx exec, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- 10 Tools to Help Marketers Get More Out of Twitter, www.toprankblog.com
- AOL Chief Tim Armstrong Defends Twitter, Saying Marketers Need to Catch Up, www.adweek.com
- Conversations to Conversions: Why Social Needs More Than Engagement, simplymeasured.com
- Facebook tells U.S. judge it takes terroristic threats seriously, www.reuters.com
- In the shadow of Facebook, Snapchat and Twitter take potshots, digiday.com
- Instagram, Twitter and Tumblr Just Launched Their Own Voter Registration Day Campaigns, www.adweek.com
- Scalability and Efficiency Prompted LinkedIn’s Switch to Programmatic Display Advertising, www.emarketer.com
- Should Facebook fix this security bug if it means losing a little functionality and a lot of influence?, qz.com
- These trends are about to blow up on Pinterest, blog.pinterest.com
- Why Publishers’ Revenue From Branded Content Posts On Facebook May Drop, adexchanger.com
- Advertisers That Bridge the Live Sports “Gap” Are the Ones That Get Ahead, www.adweek.com
- Facebook Live Almost Died. Now It Could Rule the Media World, contently.com
- Facebook’s Video Measurement Snafu: RIP Advertiser Trust?, adexchanger.com
- Meerkat maker Life On Air launches Houseparty group video chat app for Android and iOS, venturebeat.com
- Online Video Metrics that Matter for Media Companies & Publishers, tubularinsights.com
- Publishers Tweak Their Approach To Facebook Live, adage.com
- There’s No Debate About It – Twitter Is Fired Up About Live-Streaming Video, adexchanger.com
- Vidyard Launches New Interactive Video Player to Enable Dynamic In-video Content, www.martechadvisor.com
- With nearly 2 million concurrent viewers and over 3 million live watch hours, first presidential debate breaks political record, youtube.googleblog.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.