Marketing Day: Top 10 YouTube Ads In December, Display Ad Report & Content Marketing Tips
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Top 10 YouTube Ads In December: Clash Of Clans Dominates With A Combined 63M Views
Jan 11, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Video gaming company Supercell owned half the list with its ads for “Clash of Clans” taking four spots, while its “Boom Beach” ad ranked No. 9.
- How Apple Could Play Spoiler For The Search Ad Business
Jan 11, 2016 by Mark Ballard
Could Apple disrupt business as usual for search marketers in 2016? Columnist Mark Ballard explores the possibilities.
- Cut The Fat: How To Reduce Wasted Ad Spend In Your AdWords Account
Jan 11, 2016 by Jacob Baadsgaard
Is your PPC unprofitable, despite bringing in lots of leads? Columnist Jacob Baadsgaard explains his method for identifying and eliminating low-performing search terms.
- US Display Spend Will Overtake Search In 2016 [eMarketer]
Jan 11, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Spurred by growth in video and native ad formats, advertisers will spend more on display advertising than search this year.
- Marriage Equality, Healthcare & Low Unemployment: How Search Marketers Can Make A Difference This Tax Season
Jan 11, 2016 by Purna Virji
Tax marketers, pay attention! Columnist Purna Virji discusses some developments that may impact your search campaigns this year.
- The Whole Nine Yards: What The NFL Can Teach Marketers About Brand Engagement
Jan 11, 2016 by Jordan Kretchmer
What can marketers learn from the Steelers, Cowboys and Packers? Columnist Jordan Kretchmer discusses what these NFL teams are doing to win big with community engagement.
- Yesmail Report: Email Marketers Need To Walk Before They Can Run
Jan 11, 2016 by Barry Levine
The survey shows that a third of marketers want email integrated with other channels, but many marketers still aren’t even collecting email addresses through websites, apps or in-store encounters.
- How To Make 2016 Your Best Content Marketing Year Ever
Jan 11, 2016 by Quinn Whissen
Are you ready to ramp up your content marketing strategy in 2016? Columnist Quinn Whissen reveals possible improvements that can help get you ahead of the curve.
- Game On: The 2016 Marketing Land #HashtagBowl Is Coming Soon
Jan 11, 2016 by Matt McGee
For the fifth straight year, we’ll be tracking social media visibility in Super Bowl TV commercials. Here’s what to expect from that and all of our pre-game and post-game marketing coverage.
- Total Holiday E-Commerce: $69 Billion, Mobile $12.7 Billion — comScore
Jan 10, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Mobile devices dominated the holiday shopping season, outpacing the PC in driving traffic to e-commerce sites and being used as shopping companions in physical stores. In addition, mobile commerce also grew significantly from 2014 (59 percent), though perhaps not as much as one might have anticipated.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- What Time Is The Super Bowl? Google & Bing Are Confused
- How Much Did Countdown Ads Play Into Advertisers’ Strategies This Holiday Season?
- 78% Of SEOs Believe That 2016 Is Going To Be A “Great” Year For Business
- Alice Paul Google Doodle Marks 131st Birthday Of The American Suffragist & ERA Activist
- Powerball Numbers? You’ll Be Surprised Which Search Engines Knew Them
- What Is The Mountain Of Butterflies? Google Doodle Marks 41st Anniversary Of The Natural Phenomenon
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- The 2015 Analytics Software Market, techcrunch.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 11 Quick Tips to Get More Comments on Your Blog, www.problogger.net
- My Issues With WordPress…and How I Fixed Them!, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- The Top Blogger Plugins You Need To Know About, thepma.org
- Apple News App Is Off to a Rocky Start, Wall Street Journal
- 2016 Google Tracker: Everything Google is working on for the new year, arstechnica.com
- Apple Rolls Out New Betas Across Its Platforms, techcrunch.com
- Apple’s music streaming subscribers top 10m, www.ft.com
- Marissa Mayer and Yahoo’s plan A, B, C, D, and E for appeasing frustrated investors, qz.com
- The entire New York City subway system will have Wi-Fi by the end of 2016, www.theverge.com
- Yahoo’s Brain Drain Shows a Loss of Faith Inside the Company, www.nytimes.com
- Here’s Why Some Content Goes Viral, www.stonetemple.com
- Tips to Creating Stellar Evergreen Content, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 4 Hacks For Conducting Smart Landing Page Tests, blog.crazyegg.com
- 7 Advanced Conversion Rate Optimization Tips for 2016, vwo.com
- A Newbie’s Guide to A/B-Testing, www.marketingprofs.com
- How To Determine Your Next CRO Test, www.ppchero.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 10 Rapid-Fire Tips for Writing 2,500 Words per Hour, www.marketingprofs.com
- No, Capital Letters in Your URL Don’t Affect Ranking, smallbiztrends.com
- Amazon to Release Portable Version of Echo Speaker in Coming Weeks, www.wsj.com
- Seven ways to make ecommerce fun, econsultancy.com
- The top 10 e-commerce days of the holiday season, www.internetretailer.com
- Email amassing? 24 more great ideas + 18 content tips, www.verticalresponse.com
- Plan Awesome Content That Grows Your Email List, www.searchenginejournal.com
General Internet Marketing
- 5 Common Marketing Pitfalls to Avoid, www.martechadvisor.com
- 5 Ways Influencer Marketing Can Grow Your B2B Company, www.toprankblog.com
- How brands must adapt to shifts in digital marketing, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Pushing Back Against Push Marketing, www.cmswire.com
- The 5 Traits of Successful Digital Advertisers, www.searchenginejournal.com
- The Big Agenda: What Ad Industry Needs to Know About 2016, adage.com
- Three Big Reasons You Aren’t Connecting With Your Brand’s Audience, www.marketingprofs.com
- 2016 Mobile Marketing Trends Every Marketer Needs, heidicohen.com
- How the Rise of Virtual Reality Could Impact Local Marketing, streetfightmag.com
- Oracle sinks its claws into Android, andreasgal.com
- R.I.P., BlackBerry OS, venturebeat.com
- Smartphone sales increase 53% to bypass tablets, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- The Mobile App Divide, techcrunch.com
- Inside Pinterest and its ad sales operation, Business Insider
- 6 Ways to Increase Twitter Engagement, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 7 Tips For Using Twitter For Better Customer Engagement, www.adweek.com
- Appeals court upholds deal allowing kids’ images in Facebook ads, arstechnica.com
- Can Creative Execution Ever Catch Up To Facebook Targeting?, www.adweek.com
- Grow Your Pinterest Following: 5 Simple Steps for Brands, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How B2B Marketers Use Facebook to Reach Customers, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How to Create Audience Personas on a Budget Using Facebook Insights, moz.com
- Inside Pinterest and its ad sales operation, www.businessinsider.com
- Making the Most of Twitter’s New Conversational Ad Format, www.clixmarketing.com
- Our 13 Best Social Media Marketing Tips Ever!, www.wordstream.com
- Peach.cool is Friday’s hottest social network, www.theverge.com
- Photo Evidence Shows Facebook Is Building Messenger For Mac, techcrunch.com
- The right social media listening tools for the right jobs, www.searchengineguide.com
- Under the Hood: A Closer Look at Mobile-First Car Shoppers, www.facebook.com
- What Brands Should Know About Facebook Messenger Chat Bots, adage.com
- Why Twitter’s Character Count is a Good Thing, blog.marketo.com
- 75% on Social Media, Focused Most on New Customers, screenwerk.com
- You Already Knew Parents Post on Facebook More Than Others. Now Find Out How Much, www.adweek.com
- 2016 Will Be the Year That Sets the Stage for VR, adage.com
- The White House Launches Official Snapchat Account, www.adweek.com
- Upworthy Lays Off 14 Staffers to Focus on Digital Video, www.adweek.com
- Yahoo Responds To Video Ad Fraud Allegations, adexchanger.com
- Your Top 3 Video Distribution Questions Answered, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- YouTube creators interview President Obama following his final State of the Union, googleblog.blogspot.com
- YouTube’s CES Keynote: Four Reasons Why Digital Video Will Win the Decade, www.reelseo.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.