Marketing Day: The MarTech Landscape, More Super Bowl 50 Ads & Epic Content
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- MarTech Landscape: What Is Header Bidding — And Why Should Publishers Care?
Dec 21, 2015 by Barry Levine
As an alternative to Google’s advertising waterfall, simultaneous bidding can increase prices for websites’ ad space.
- Call Analytics Platforms Martech Intelligence Report
Dec 21, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
Marketing Land and Digital Marketing Depot have recently published a new Martech Intelligence Report, “Enterprise Call Analytics Platforms 2015,” that examines the market for call analytics platforms.
- More Super Bowl 50 Advertisers: PayPal & Honda Gear Up, While GoDaddy Takes The Bench
Dec 21, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
GoDaddy says it’s moving beyond the generic megaphone of a Super Bowl campaign to focus on a more personalized marketing strategy.
- The Search For An Optimal AdWords CPC
Dec 21, 2015 by David Fothergill
Columnist David Fothergill explores the question many a paid search specialist has pondered: What is the ideal bid price?
- Best. MarTech. Ever. This March In San Francisco.
Dec 21, 2015 by Scott Brinker
You can’t scroll a mobile screenful on Twitter these days without hitting several predictions for 2016. But there’s one marketing tech prediction I can offer with 100% certainty: the next MarTech conference in San Francisco, March 21-22, will be the best one yet.
- Epic Content (And Results) That Didn’t Break The Bank
Dec 21, 2015 by Brian Patterson
You don’t need tons of money to do content marketing well. Columnist Brian Patterson shares some real-world examples of small-budget content marketing that garnered big-budget results.
- Marketing Land’s Top 10 News Stories Of 2015: Snapchat Guide, That Dress, FTC Social Guidelines & More
Dec 21, 2015 by Matt McGee
We begin two weeks of year-in-review coverage with a look at the most popular news stories of 2015 as covered by the Marketing Land editorial team.
- 3 Things Black Friday Taught Us About 2016
Dec 21, 2015 by Jordan Elkind
As we edge closer to 2016, it’s time to start thinking about your marketing strategy for next year. Columnist Jordan Elkind shares what marketers can learn from the Black Friday weekend.
- Why Marketers Need To Move From Email Reactivation To Continued Addressability
Dec 21, 2015 by Jose Cebrian
Columnist Jose Cebrian explains why marketers need to think less about reactivating their inactive email subscribers and focus more on reaching that audience in other ways.
- Wins And Losses From The Social Teams Of The NFL
Dec 21, 2015 by Chris Kerns
Columnist Chris Kerns takes a look at the social plays from the NFL to bring marketers some insights into how they can enhance their own social strategies.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Using Search Data To Explain Media Impact
- The Importance Of SEO In Omni-Channel Marketing: Part 1
- Google Changes How It Logs Search Analytics Data As Of December 14, 2015
- Google Search Console Analytics Report Now Shows App Install Button Data
- Google Tests Markup For Managing Local Business Data For Knowledge Panel
- Google Launches Knowledge Graph Search API, Promises To Close Freebase API In Future
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Top 5 Resources for Affiliate Marketing and Referral Content, smallbiztrends.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 6 tips for coming up with blog ideas, yoast.com
- 6 Top Ways to Make Money Blogging in 2016, www.jeffbullas.com
- A Business Blog Overview For Late Adopters, www.blogherald.com
- An update on Google Friend Connect, buzz.blogger.com
- Ericsson and Apple sign patent deal, settle litigation, Reuters
- How Jack Dorsey Runs Both Twitter, Square, www.wsj.com
- Microsoft Buys Talko, fortune.com
- On “60 Minutes” Apple CEO Tim Cook Bats Away Car Talk, Criticisms Over Tax Picture, Low-Wage Workers, techcrunch.com
- The share of Americans with broadband at home has plateaued, www.pewinternet.org
- Yahoo Sports and NBC Sports Renew Partnership, yahoo.tumblr.com
- 3 Content Tips from StumbleUpon for Reaching Millennials, sherpablog.marketingsherpa.com
- Could Your Website Use Some Content Pruning?, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Engage Your Audience with the Content You Write, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Evaluating the Value of Positive and Negative Content, www.compukol.com
- Is Viral Content Making You Sick?, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Planning Your 2016 Content Marketing Calendar, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Where Are UK Marketers Distributing Content?, www.emarketer.com
- 7 Conversion Optimization Trends to Stay Ahead of the Game, blog.crazyegg.com
- 7 Proven Ways to Improve Website Readability and Get More Conversions, vwo.com
- 8 Ways to Increase Website Conversions, smallbiztrends.com
- The 4 Fundamental Steps of Conversion Optimization, www.seobook.com
- The 6 Biggest Website Blunders Costing You Leads, blog.marketo.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- How Oreo Fearlessly Disrupted Itself to Personalize the User Experience, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- How readability can make sure people actually read your content, www.sjo.com
- Why Design Isn’t Just Lipstick on a Pig, www.uxmatters.com
- How I just registered Twitter.sucks for free in just five clicks, DomainIncite
- Google Adds abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwx.com to its Collection Of Alphabet Domains, www.thedomains.com
- 23 creative examples of hover states in ecommerce UX, econsultancy.com
- 6 Tips for Researching and Attracting Local Markets, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- 6% of PayPal users now use One Touch quick checkouts, venturebeat.com
- Amazon breaks sales records and is the go-to store for holiday shoppers, www.internetretailer.com
- Why Helping Visitors Abandon Their Carts is Your Biggest Conversion Asset, blog.crazyegg.com
- ‘Tis No Longer the Season: 4 Post-Holiday Email Ideas, blog.movableink.com
- 10 Quick Design Hacks for Responsive Emails, www.martechadvisor.com
- 4 Quick Solutions that Spawn Radical Email List Growth, www.copyblogger.com
- 6-Step Lead Magnet Process for Increased Opt-In Rate, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Email and Social Media Marketing: How to Leverage Engagement to Drive ROI, www.martechadvisor.com
- Email Opens Tilt Further Toward Mobile, www.emarketer.com
- Sign-Up Forms Can Be An Important Piece of Your Email Marketing Program, www.verticalresponse.com
- Your Mobile Email Marketing Checklist, www.cmswire.com
General Internet Marketing
- 5 Free Market-Research Tools to Read Your Audience’s Minds, blog.kissmetrics.com
- 5 Last-Minute Holiday Marketing Tips for Online Marketers, multichannelmerchant.com
- Customer Advertising Preferences For 2016, heidicohen.com
- How to Use a Brand Evangelist to Skyrocket Your Sales, blog.crazyegg.com
- What Do Attendees Want from Marketing Conferences?, moz.com
- Why You Should Embrace Transparency Marketing, conversionxl.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Building a Nearby Photo Discovery Android App and Flurry Analytics Instrumentation, yahoodevelopers.tumblr.com
- Google Might Use Online Poll To Decide The Dessert Name for Android N, www.ibtimes.com
- In-app purchases done right: Why you must entertain your users — not exploit them, venturebeat.com
- Mobile marketers: 5 ways to boost holiday revenue today, www.tune.com
- Mobile traffic surges on Super Saturday, www.retaildive.com
- Mobile’s Workplace Role Continues to Grow, www.emarketer.com
- The mobile customer is the new king in retail, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Why mobile native advertising is key in connecting with users, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- The higher the stakes, the more online reviews matter, www.internetretailer.com
- 15 Marketing Twitters That Won’t Kill Your Feed (or Your Soul), unbounce.com
- 2016 Trend: Social Media and Automation Will Combine in New Ways to Improve the Customer Journey, www.silverpop.com
- A Marketer’s Guide to Social Shopping Integrations, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Facebook Starts Rolling Out Support For Apple’s Live Photos, TechCrunch
- How Brands Are Using A “Star Wars” Twitter Trend for Self-Promotion, ignitevisibility.com
- How to Use Facebook Local Awareness Ads to Target Customers, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- New Data Proves Facebook Ads Lift Search ROI, www.wordstream.com
- The Top Food Brands On Social This Holiday Season, blog.newswhip.com
- Twitter Testing Ways to Reach and Engage New Audiences, www.adweek.com
- Why All Your Tweets Should be Directed to Just One Person, www.adweek.com
- Facebook Officially Replaces Adobe Flash With HTML5 For Videos, arc.applause.com
- 20 Ways Brands Can Make the Most Out of Facebook Video, www.reelseo.com
- 6 Things Geico and Vimeo Taught Us About Making Great Preroll Ads in 2015, www.adweek.com
- Google’s YouTube Uses Homer Simpson To Promote YouTube Ads, Search Engine Roundtable
- Inside the Making of BuzzFeed’s Branded Video for Hyundai, adage.com
- Long Form Video: Driving Engagement in Facebook’s News Feed, www.adweek.com
- Premium Video Inventory: What Shortage?, adexchanger.com
- This YouTube channel makes more money from paid subscriptions than YouTube ads, digiday.com
- Twitter Video: The Marketing Advantage No One Is Using…Yet!, blog.bufferapp.com
- Vine Adds “For You” Channel of Vines It Thinks You’ll Love, www.adweek.com
- Wal-Mart’s holiday ad campaign wins in video views, www.retaildive.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.