Marketing Day: Super Bowl 50 Advertisers, Facebook Instant Articles On Android & More
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Super Bowl 50 Advertisers Take The Field Early: Wix & Butterfinger Announce Campaigns
Dec 16, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Butterfinger & Wix.com will each be making an appearance during next year’s big game.
- Facebook Rolls Out Instant Articles For All Android Users
Dec 16, 2015 by Martin Beck
Facebook says more than 350 publishers worldwide have signed up for the program and more than 100 are publishing daily.
- B2B Lead Provider True Influence Opens Up Its Internal Service Through New Cloud-Based Platform
Dec 16, 2015 by Barry Levine
Called InsightBASE, the new offering can provide individual prospects at specific companies for email and display ad campaigns.
- Will Europe’s New EU-Wide Privacy Rules Bring Coherence — Or More Chaos?
Dec 16, 2015 by Greg Sterling
On Tuesday, European officials approved data protection regulations that formalize many of the court decisions and other regulatory positions that have been taken over the past couple of years. The new rules, in development since 2012, would take effect in 2017 and apply uniformly across the European Union.
- The Best (And Worst) In Marketing Of 2015
Dec 16, 2015 by David Rodnitzky
As 2015 comes to a close, columnist David Rodnitzky share his picks for this year’s most memorable successes and flops in the marketing industry.
- Data-Led Link Building: Audience Segmentation & Analysis
Dec 16, 2015 by Chris Liversidge
Columnist Chris Liversidge explains how to use data to determine where and how to focus link-building efforts.
- Do You Need To Better Prioritize Your Digital Marketing Efforts?
Dec 16, 2015 by Matt Umbro
It’s time to clean up that account clutter! Columnist Matt Umbro offers steps for prioritizing your workflow to make the biggest impact and improve performance.
- Looking Back, Looking Ahead: Reviewing The Top 3 Display Advertising Topics Of 2016
Dec 16, 2015 by Rob Rasko
Columnist Rob Rasko takes a look at how last year’s predictions from a publisher survey panned out and shares what he expects lies ahead for marketers in 2016.
- Intentional Serendipity: How Marketing Analytics Trigger Curiosity Algorithms And Surprise Discoveries
Dec 16, 2015 by Joshua Reynolds
With the wealth of data available to marketers, marketing analytics can unveil unanticipated breakthroughs that will bolster your strategy, says columnist Joshua Reynolds.
- Pinterest To Open Promoted Pins For All US Businesses
Dec 15, 2015 by Martin Beck
Self-service ads will be available in January; Pinterest now has more than 1 million active businesses accounts.
- Facebook’s Local Search Site Is “Early Test,” Company Doesn’t Seem Ready To Promote It
Dec 15, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Company doesn’t see local search site as an entry point for consumers.
- Adobe Reveals The Five “Rules of Engagement” For Online Content
Dec 15, 2015 by Barry Levine
New report complements earlier study in October, both based on a survey of more than 12,000 consumers in six countries.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google Provides An Interactive Bubble Level In Their Search Results
- The ABCs Of Programmatic
- Bing iOS App Gets Barcode Scanner For In-Store Price Comparison, Uber Integration & GIF Support
- Google “Now on Tap” Offers Holiday Use Cases Such As Package Tracking, Travel
- How To Take Advantage Of The Recovery Search Opportunity On iOS 9
- Scan Your Landing Pages With AdWords Scripts
- An In-Depth Look At Image Optimization: Fact And Future
- Apple Shuts Down Topsy & Redirects It To iOS Search Help Page
- Help Wanted: We’re Hiring A Social Media Reporter
- Google’s Top Trends In 2015: Lamar Odom, Blockbuster Films & What Is Charlie Charlie?
- Bing Brings The Holidays Home With Snow, Lights & Jingle Bells On Its Home Page
- Google’s Not Sure What Day Super Bowl 50 Is Happening In 2016
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Europe Approves Tough New Data Protection Rules, New York Times
- Google CEO touts India as key testing ground for new products, www.reuters.com
- IBM Bets on Watson With Global Research Center in Germany, www.bloomberg.com
- Maker Studios Head to Step Down, www.wsj.com
- A Step-by-Step Approach to Attracting More Clients with Free Content, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Creating an Authentic Brand Story, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Long Form Content in a Short Form Content World, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 5 Features Of A Highly Converting Pricing Page, vwo.com
- 5 Subtle Tricks That Inc. 500 Companies Use to Increase Conversion, blog.crazyegg.com
- Is lack of strategy really killing conversion rate optimisation?, econsultancy.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 12 Steps to Writing Better Headlines and Titles, smallbiztrends.com
- 16 crucial web design trends for 2016 & beyond, econsultancy.com
- Button UX design, yoast.com
- The 3 Commandments of Great UX Design, www.fastcodesign.com
- What Are Heat Maps Good For (Besides Looking Cool)?, conversionxl.com
- Radiohead backs .music community bid, domainincite.com
- 3 E-commerce Marketing Resolutions for 2016, blog.movableink.com
- Ecommerce advertising tool Mabaya scores $2.25 million seed round, venturebeat.com
- Four top pricing hacks for online retailers, econsultancy.com
- How To Create an Award-Winning Ecommerce Packaging Experience, multichannelmerchant.com
- How to start an e-commerce store, www.internetretailer.com
- 3 Ways to Increase Email Clicks, www.practicalecommerce.com
- What Star Wars taught us about email marketing (really), myemma.com
- What’s your influence beyond the inbox?, blog.movableink.com
General Internet Marketing
- 2016 Year in Preview: Brands will stop trying to be millennials’ cool friend, digiday.com
- Digital marketing incubation: How to develop a test & learn culture, econsultancy.com
- Emojis Help Digital Marketers Get Emotional, www.marketingprofs.com
- Personalization is a Big Challenge for Digital Marketers, www.adweek.com
- What the In-House Agency Boom Means for CMOs and Outside Shops, www.adweek.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Zuora hires David Gee as CMO, www.zuora.com
- 2016: The Year When Digital Marketing Conquers Television?, www.webpresence.tv
- Nanigans Appoints MoPub Founder Jim Payne to Its Board of Directors, www.nanigans.com
- NavAds and Moz Partner to Help Brands Increase Visibility, www.ireachcontent.com
- Terminus Becomes the First Account-Based Marketing Company to Partner with Dun & Bradstreet, www.prweb.com
- YuMe Expands Its Product Suite to Include Outstream Video Ads, www.yume.com
- 7 Ways Predictive Intelligence Can Be Applied to Small Business Marketing, streetfightmag.com
- What Technologies Are Marketers Investing In?, www.emarketer.com
- 5 Reasons Why Local Marketing Will Mature in 2016, streetfightmag.com
- 5 Tips for Mobile Customer Engagement, www.silverpop.com
- Facebook and Uber Follow Asian Rivals in Plan to Enhance Messenger App, www.nytimes.com
- Google launches a 6-month accelerator to help startups build mobile products, venturebeat.com
- Is the Smartphone Market Hitting a Plateau?, www.adweek.com
- Microsoft launches Skype for Business app out of preview on Android, venturebeat.com
- The biggest trends in mobile from 2015, econsultancy.com
- Transforming mobile advertising into mobile customer care, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- 5 Instagram Stats You Should Pay Attention to Now, simplymeasured.com
- 5 Must-Have Tools for the Brainy Social Media Manager, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 6 Tools for Selling Products on Instagram, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- B2C Industries That Get the Most Engagement on Social Media, www.marketingprofs.com
- Facebook Filters Out Sadness And Adds Editing To Your Year In Review Photoset, techcrunch.com
- Five Social Trends Marketers Won’t Be Able to Ignore, adage.com
- How To Amplify Your Social Media Advertising Strategy With Content, www.searchenginepeople.com
- How to Make Your Social Media Strategy More Effective for the New Year, www.problogger.net
- How to Measure Engagement Without Social Share Counters, blog.marketo.com
- How to Reach Specific Shoppers on Facebook, www.socialmediatoday.com
- LinkedIn Revamps Its Jobs Listings With Big Data Analytics, TechCrunch
- Should Your Brand Jump On a Trending Holiday Hashtag?, www.adweek.com
- Stop Focusing on Your Brand’s Social Media Posting – Focus Here Instead, simplymeasured.com
- The 23 Best Facebook Marketing Campaigns We Could Find, www.jeffbullas.com
- The Beginner’s Guide to Facebook Ads, blog.crazyegg.com
- The Pinterest 100: Fresh ideas for 2016, blog.pinterest.com
- TopRank Marketing’s 2016 Social Media Marketing Predictions, www.toprankblog.com
- Twitter or Snapchat? For Small Biz, the Answer Is Simple, smallbiztrends.com
- Mobile Video’s Dominance, Visualized, advertising.yahoo.com
- 2016 Trend: Video Moves to Center Stage in the Marketing Mix, www.silverpop.com
- Facebook native videos perform up to 4X better than all other video formats, venturebeat.com
- Google Hangout: Video as a Content Strategy for Local Businesses, localu.org
- Six Ways to Include Video in Your Marketing Strategy, www.marketingprofs.com
- Video Advertising Gets Subtle, adexchanger.com