Marketing Day: Social media ad fatigue, programmatic TV & holiday email subject lines
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: Rise of the strategic marketing operations leader: Part 1 Sep 22, 2017 by Debbie Qaqish Contributor Debbie Qaqish believes marketing operations leaders are becoming the new power players in marketing and gives […]
Amy Gesenhues on September 22, 2017 at 4:00 pm | Reading time: 4 minutes
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Rise of the strategic marketing operations leader: Part 1
Sep 22, 2017 by Debbie Qaqish
Contributor Debbie Qaqish believes marketing operations leaders are becoming the new power players in marketing and gives examples of how they’re driving change in their organizations.
- Make user-generated content your brand’s secret weapon
Sep 22, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Your customers’ own words are more important to your brand than any marketing tagline you can write. More than 90 percent of consumers say they trust recommendations from others — even people they don’t know — over branded content!
- Social media ad fatigue: How to combat it without spending all day making new creatives
Sep 22, 2017 by Laura Collins
Ad fatigue is a problem we’re all too familiar with, so how can you avoid it? Contributor Laura Collins shares key techniques to refresh your creative efficiently and effectively.
- Programmatic TV is the future: Here’s how to capitalize on the opportunity
Sep 22, 2017 by Grace Kaye
As programmatic TV continues its inexorable march forward, columnist Grace Kaye explains how you can get in on the game and optimize your programmatic TV advertising.
- 5 ways to write better email subject lines this holiday season
Sep 22, 2017 by Kyle Henderick
During the busy holiday season, how do you make your emails stand out in consumers’ inboxes? Columnist Kyle Henderick believes the right subject line is just as important as the message itself.
- The Trade Desk integrates connected TV buying and measurement directly into its platform
Sep 22, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Ad buyers can target, measure and retarget addressable TV households across screens.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- How Mobile Analytics Can Drive Your Overall Analytics Plan, CMS Wire
- How to share analytics in the newsroom, NewsWhip
- Democratic senators preparing bill to deal with online political advertising, CNN Money
- Facebook has settled the lawsuit over non-voting shares days before Mark Zuckerberg was scheduled to testify, Business Insider
- Content Marketing – What about Music?, MarTech Advisor
- Emergency Alert: We Need to Rethink Content Strategy, Contently
- The Risks That Come With Content Marketing Success, Content Marketing Institute
- 7 Ways to Avoid “No Results” Pages in Ecommerce Site Search, multichannelmerchant.com
- Holiday shoppers to spend 47% more on Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Retail Dive
- How data is changing the very model of the modern merchandiser, Digiday
- Email for Inbound Marketing: Best-Practices and Tips, MarketingProfs
- How to Write an Effective Holiday Marketing Email, Constant Contact
General Internet Marketing
- Influencer marketing is growing up with tighter contracts, Digiday
- Marketing 101: What is the rule of thirds?, MarketingSherpa Blog
- The Connection Between Marketing and Human Resources, MarketingProfs
Internet Marketing Industry
- Chartboost Partners with Aarki, Index Exchange, Rubicon Project, Chartboost
- Accelo announces HubSpot Connect Partnership, Accelo
- 5 Best Practices for Deploying a Sales Engagement Solution, Marketo
- Customer Data Platforms Near Trough of Disillusionment (And That’s Great News), CMS Wire
- Technographics Moves Your Selling and Marketing Strategies Beyond Just the Who, MarTech Advisor
- Messaging Apps for Marketing: Drive Sales With Chatbots or Live Agents, MarketingProfs
- Should Your Business Have a Mobile App?, 3Q Digital
- What advertisers need to know about Safari’s new anti-tracking feature, Econsultancy
- ‘Social is a black hole’: Commerce-focused publishers have a Facebook problem, Digiday
- How to establish your brand on Pinterest (and make it popular), Problogger
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.