Marketing Day: Snapchat’s 6 Billion Daily Video Views, Pinterest In-Pin Search & More
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- WordPress Used On 25 Percent Of All Websites [Report]
Nov 9, 2015 by Matt McGee
W3Techs says WordPress’ two closest competitors combine for less than five percent usage across the web.
- Snapchat Hits 6 Billion Daily Video Views
Nov 9, 2015 by Martin Beck
Fresh off Facebook’s hitting the 8-billion-view mark last week, Snapchat confirms a stat that has tripled since May.
- Writing Ad Copy That Converts
Nov 9, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
Digital marketing is a cluttered space. With a list of ad formats and platforms that seems endless, there is an ever-growing number of ways to measure ad performance. Digital marketers have many optimization tactics at their disposal including, bids, budgets, targeting, and keywords.
- First Things First: Get Your Mobile Tracking Right.
Nov 9, 2015 by Craig Weinberg
Is your mobile tracking actually working? Columnist Craig Weinberg offers some insight into how you can capture the right data to help you know if you’re meeting your goals.
- Why Programmatic Advertising Fraud Exists
Nov 9, 2015 by Ratko Vidakovic
Columnist Ratko Vidakovic delves into the many faces of ad fraud and the underlying reasons why it exists in the first place.
- Are Ad Blockers Killing The Digital Economy? Views From Web Summit
Nov 9, 2015 by Matt Clough
At the Web Summit conference in Dublin, industry experts discuss the rise of ad blockers and how marketers should respond. Columnist Matt Clough is on hand to bring you all the details.
- Twitter Debunks Mobile Ad Myths At SocialPro Next Week. Register Today!
Nov 9, 2015 by Marketing Land
Maximize the payoff on your social media marketing efforts by attending Marketing Land’s SocialPro conference next week! Discover proven tactics, strategies and tools that will drive ROI on your social media campaigns. A limited number of All Access Passes are still available, so register today!
- KPI Frameworks: Bringing Order To KPI Chaos To Prioritize E-Commerce Optimization Efforts
Nov 9, 2015 by Nick Iyengar
Columnist Nick Iyengar suggests that KPI frameworks can help organizations to better understand which metrics to focus on and develop more specific hypotheses for optimization efforts.
- Mintigo Moves From Predicting Prospects To Reeling Them In
Nov 9, 2015 by Barry Levine
Analytics company announces Predictive Campaigns product for commanding an integrated marketing platform to deliver the next best offer or message.
- Pinterest Launches In-Pin Search To Help Users Pinpoint Specific Items
Nov 9, 2015 by Greg Finn
A new in-Pin search tool will be a major boon for users looking to find a specific item — No search queries required.
- Intermediary Liability In Duffy Case Could Turn Google, Facebook Into Content Police
Nov 8, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Janice Duffy has been vindicated by the Supreme Court of South Australia in her case against Google. While that’s good for Dr. Duffy, the case sets a problematic precedent that could impair online speech and create broad liability for “secondary publishers” such as Google, Facebook and others.
- Health Campaign Gets Sexy With Ashanti Video And Interactive Hashtag #DrinkUpAshanti
Nov 6, 2015 by Pamela Parker
The Partnership for a Healthier America, along with Y&R and VML New York, aim to give the ultimate healthy drink the same marketing sizzle enjoyed by the sugary sort.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Search and the Local-Mobile Consumer: What’s A Marketer to Do?
- 6 Things To Know Before Using Facebook For Local Search, And 6 Reasons FB Search Can Dominate
- Google News Editors’ Picks Now Contains App Links
- Android 6 “Marshmallow” & SEO Series: Sponsored Google Now Cards
- Long-Time SEO & Industry Speaker Aaron Shear Passes Away
- Hedy Lamarr Google Doodle Honors Hollywood Star Who Invented “Frequency Hopping” Technology
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- A New Approach to Creating Amazing Blogs, www.compukol.com
- Drive Traffic to Your Blog, www.blogherald.com
- How to Select Right Blog Categories and Tags to Increase Traffic, www.martechadvisor.com
- How to Take Advantage of the Latest Blogging Trends, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Google acquires Fly Labs to build video editing tools for Google Photos, The Verge
- Expanding our Data Center in La Vista, Nebraska, yahoopolicy.tumblr.com
- Google Acquires Fly Labs To Join Its Google Photos Team, techcrunch.com
- Twitter Will Turn Over Its Board, Add More Diversity, recode.net
- Yahoo Hires McKinsey to Mull Reorg, as Mayer Demands Exec Pledge to Stay, recode.net
- 3 Reasons Why Content Marketing Was Made for Millennials, www.jeffbullas.com
- 5 Things Companies Do That Ruin Storytelling Success, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Dear CMO, Part 1: Why Your Content Misses the Mark, blog.act-on.com
- How To Build A Brand Storytelling Framework, www.searchenginepeople.com
- How to Use Visual Content to Build Brand Signals, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Less Content Marketing, More Quality Content, www.cmswire.com
- Simple Content Marketing Strategy for New Businesses, www.searchenginejournal.com
- The Content Marketer’s Guide to Rob Gronkowski, contently.com
- 7 Tweaks to Increase Holiday Shopping Conversions, www.practicalecommerce.com
- How Data Can Ruin Your Conversion Optimization Strategy, blog.crazyegg.com
- Should You Optimize for Micro-Conversions?, conversionxl.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 10 User Research Myths and Misconceptions, www.uxmatters.com
- 5 Site Design Trends for 2016, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Creating Good User Experiences by Focusing on Content, www.uxmatters.com
- Domain Registration At a Record Pace 460,000, Yesterday, www.thedomains.com
- ICANN opens blog to comments, immediately trolled, domainincite.com
- Jeb Can’t Fix Everything: Candidates Continue to Miss Obvious Domain Registrations, www.bna.com
- 10 tips for accelerating a retail website’s performance, www.internetretailer.com
- Alibaba may invest in another U.S. e-commerce startup, www.retaildive.com
- Cart Abandonment Notifications Work for Retailers, www.emarketer.com
- For Alibaba, E-Commerce Isn’t Enough, adage.com
- The Future of Ecommerce: 7 Trends That Are Changing How We Shop, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- Year-end Legal Checklist for Ecommerce Owners, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 4 Ways to Protect Your Company Email Account, smallbiztrends.com
- Creating Your Email Marketing Strategy for the 2015 Holiday Shopping Season, www.socialmediatoday.com
- Using Kissmetrics to Measure the Effectiveness of Email Marketing, blog.kissmetrics.com
General Internet Marketing
- A CMO’s Guide to Dealing With Pressure, www.martechadvisor.com
- Add Digital Marketing Training for More Engaged Employees, www.toprankblog.com
- Marketers, get ready for the most complicated holiday season ever, www.internetretailer.com
- Millennial Marketing, My Research, Tips & Facts for Success, ignitevisibility.com
- Why Silos Will Kill Your Marketing in 5 Years, www.seerinteractive.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Siegel+Gale Launches Findings from the Sixth Annual Global Brand Simplicity Index, www.prnewswire.com
- How to cut through the third-party fog to find the right tech partner, digiday.com
- How to Make the Most of Marketing Technologies, www.martechadvisor.com
- Major Challenges Companies Face in Adopting Marketing Tech Solutions, www.martechadvisor.com
- Marketing Automation Tool Options for a Small Business, www.razorsocial.com
- Mobile is driving the decline of traditional ad tech, digiday.com
- Why Tech Companies Must Be Careful About Change, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 5 app marketing tips for the holidays, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Legacy Retailers Struggle to Ramp Up Mobile Marketing, adage.com
- Mobile App Developers are Suffering, medium.com
- Mobile Apps are Springboard for the Holiday Shopping Season, multichannelmerchant.com
- Mobile, ecosystems and the death of PCs, ben-evans.com
- Smartphones Will Make the Connected Store a Reality, streetfightmag.com
- SMS still crucial to driving holiday foot traffic for retailers, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Target’s Cartwheel 2.0 taps latest mobile best practices to drive conversions, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Why Early Holidays Shopping on Mobile May Badly Hurt Black Friday Sales, www.adweek.com
- 10 Facebook Marketing Tips Based on 3Q2015 Earnings, heidicohen.com
- 3 Rules of Thumb for Maximizing Twitter, smallbiztrends.com
- 4 Smart Pinterest Strategies for Brands, simplymeasured.com
- 5 Tips to Improve Your Social Media Ad Campaigns, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Buy Buttons: The Next Step in Social Commerce, www.emarketer.com
- Death by a thousand likes: how Facebook and Twitter are killing the open web, qz.com
- Facebook Messenger Brings Facial Recognition To Your Camera Roll, www.buzzfeed.com
- Facebook’s traffic to top publishers fell 32 percent since January, digiday.com
- Five Tips to Unwrap Holiday Success, www.facebook.com
- How to Track Your Social Media Efforts, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Social Media Etiquette: If There’s an Option, It Doesn’t Mean It’s a Good Idea, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- What Every Marketer Needs to Know About Instagram, www.socialbakers.com
- Why Facebook could win the high street battle with Google, econsultancy.com
- Why Snapchat Is Becoming the Hottest Social Tool for Ad Agencies, www.adweek.com
- Google Expands Its Expeditions Pioneer VR Program To More U.S. Schools, techcrunch.com
- Why Video Marketing is About the Audience Not the Marketers, www.reelseo.com
- Will The Rise Of Subscription Services Usurp Ad-Supported Video?, adexchanger.com
- YouTube strategy: Tips for building an audience & working with vloggers, econsultancy.com