Marketing Day: Snap Ads Max Reach, YouTube redesign & Google AdSense
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Snap Ads Max Reach is Snapchat’s version of the home page takeover
May 2, 2017 by Tim Peterson
For one day, advertisers can get their vertical video ads seen by all US viewers of Snapchat’s various Stories formats.
- YouTube invites users to give feedback on its upcoming redesign
May 2, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
The new look and feel will be based on Material Design principles of simplicity, consistency and beauty.
- Study: Q1 Google Display Network placements
May 2, 2017 by Ted Ives
Are you utilizing the Google Display Network in AdWords? Contributor Ted Ives shares some data on which site categories perform best.
- How to optimize for voice search
May 2, 2017 by Sherry Bonelli
Inspired by a recent presentation at SMX West, columnist Sherry Bonelli discusses why small businesses and local search marketers need to be thinking about voice search.
- How martech is working to solve the consumer identity crisis
May 2, 2017 by Barry Levine
From machine learning to biometrics and blockchains, marketing technology companies aim to improve how they verify consumer identities.
- Don’t miss SMX Advanced this year. Register now & save $400!
May 2, 2017 by Marketing Land
The 10th edition of SMX Advanced, promises once again to deliver fast-paced, Q&A-packed sessions that don’t stop to cover the basics. Less than 40% of tickets are left and are going fast. Reserve your seat now before prices increase Saturday, May 13.
- Google AdSense now allows 300×250 ads above the fold on mobile
May 2, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
The change will increase viewability rates for the popular ad size.
- User-generated content: What your brand can learn from Spotify
May 2, 2017 by Jason Warnock
Columnist Jason Warnock explains how you can take a page from Spotify’s powerful UGC-based campaigns and incorporate them into your brand’s marketing strategy.
- About.com changes name to Dotdash to complete year-long rebrand
May 2, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Cue Jay-Z’s “Public Service Announcement,” because About.com is finally ready to reintroduce itself.
- Twitter debuts slate of a dozen live shows, 24/7 channels at NewFronts event
May 1, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Twitter picks up live programming from media companies including Bloomberg, BuzzFeed, Live Nation and Vox Media.
- Buyer’s Guide: Content marketing tools
May 1, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Managing the volume of marketing content that needs to be created, distributed, analyzed, and managed has become complicated, time consuming and costly for many marketing organizations. Automating these processes – or partnering with a content marketing vendor that provides content creation services – can provide numerous benefits.
- Time’s up! MarTech is here and it’s your last chance to attend
May 1, 2017 by Marketing Land
In just one week, the world’s largest independent marketing technology conference designed for senior-level marketers and marketing technology professionals happens at MarTech in San Francisco, May 9-11. The show is programmed with one specific goal: to illuminate successful real-world practices at the intersection of marketing, technology, and management.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 4 Keys to Improving Your Analytics Team, CMS Wire
Blogs & Blogging
- How to Write Compelling Blog Content for Boring Niches, The Blog Herald
- How To Write Engaging Blog Posts Your Audience Will Crave, State of Digital
- Identify, Create, Promote, Retain, Repeat: How to Drive More Blog Traffic, Simply Measured
- Want Better Results? Treat Your Blog Like an Actual Business, Problogger
- Why Bloggers Need to Understand Google Rankbrain, The Blog Herald
- Apple may be gearing up for a giant turf war with China’s biggest internet company, Tencent, Quartz
- Apple’s answer to Amazon Echo and Google Home, the “Siri Hub” might be on its way, Quartz
- Facebook’s Female Engineers Claim Gender Bias, Wall Street Journal
- Content Marketing: 5 Tips to Restart Your Content-Creating Brain, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- Cover All the Bases With 21 Winning Content Marketing Tactics, Content Marketing Institute
- Fact-Check Your Content Marketing in the Era of Fake News, MarketingProfs
- What It Takes to Create a Piece of Content, Contently
- Conversion Tactics To Use On Your Paid Social Media Audience, Search Engine People
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Site Audits and Your Business: An Introduction, Search Influence
- The Homepage is Dead: A Story of Website Personalization, Moz
- 25 Rules For Amazon Consulting Services (Simple Mistakes To Avoid), Ignite Visibility
- Amazon Expands Ecommerce Fulfillment Capacity in India, Multichannel Merchant
- Four digital commerce lessons from fashion retailer Bonobos, Econsultancy
- How Can Retailers’ Digital Advertising Always ‘Fuel the Funnel’?, eMarketer
- Proven Ways to Increase Targeted Traffic to Your Ecommerce Store, Marketer’s Braintrust
- Shopify delivers solid Q1, revenue up 75 percent, ZDNet
- Sitewide eCommerce Conversion Rate Optimization Factors, Inflow
- The Complete Guide To Using Personas To Optimize Your eCommerce Website, VWO Blog
- 11 Newsletter Plugins for WordPress, Practical Ecommerce
- 3 Ways Smart Marketers Use Real-Time Pricing and Inventory in Their Emails, Movable Ink Blog
- 5 Simple Strategies to Improve Your Email Open Rates, Constant Contact
- How Lenny Letter used email newsletters to cultivate an online community, Econsultancy
General Internet Marketing
- 10 Ways to Ensure Successful Execution When Launching a Brand, Multichannel Merchant
- 4 Ways to Bridge the Gap Between Online and Offline Marketing, Marketo
- Brands Taking a Stand: 4 Industry Leaders on the New Rules of Brand Culture, Think with Google
- Why B2B Influencer Marketing is Your Next Big Thing, KoMarketing
- Why Influencer Marketing Should Be Part of Every Marketing Mix, Convince and Convert
Internet Marketing Industry
- engage:BDR Launches IconicReach, Influencer Advertising Platform For Instagram, engage:BDR
- inMotionNow Launches Online Review for Marketing Emails; First-of-a-Kind Addition to the Online Proofing Environment, PR Web
- Intermedia Appoints Polycom Chief Marketing Officer as New Marketing Leader, Intermedia
- Nielsen’s Social Content Ratings Expands to Offer Breakout of Owned and Organic Social TV Activity, Nielsen
- Openprise, an Oracle Marketing AppCloud Partner, Launches Application That Provides Data Automation, PR Newswire
- YouAppi Data Shows That Native App User Acquisition Ads Outperform and Out Convert Other Mobile Ad, PR Newswire
- 6 Key Mobile Technologies Driving the Next Wave of App Innovation, Small Biz Trends
- Game On: Games on Messenger Go Global with New Features and Games, Facebook Newsroom
- Major apps abandoning Apple Watch, including Google Maps, Amazon & eBay, Apple Insider
- Chrome 59 Beta: Headless Chromium, native notifications on macOS, and service worker navigation preload, Chromium Blog
- Google Hire could benefit from everything else Google knows about you, Quartz
- 11 Social Media Updates You Might Have Missed, Search Engine Journal
- 15 Experts Reveal How To Explode Your Organic Facebook Reach, Jeff Bullas
- 3 Ways to Use Instagram Stories Ads for Business, Social Media Examiner
- 5 Facebook Advertising Mistakes Far Too Many Brands Make, Adweek
- Anatomy of a social media influencer, Digiday
- Facebook Marketplace Has a New Look, Adweek
- Having a Preparedness Plan for Social Storms, Conversocial
- Here’s How to Tag Pages on Facebook, Adweek
- How Twitter Can Bring You Top Talent, Crazy Egg
- Reasons for and Benefits of Using Social Media Listening Tools, MarketingProfs
- Social Proof: 18 Incredible Ideas to Boost Your Brand Image on Social Media, The Buffer Blog
- Transparency Report about Government Requests for Member Data: Second Half of 2016, Official LinkedIn Blog
- ‘The audience there is huge’: A guide to the most popular publisher Facebook video hacks, Digiday
- 25 Tips for Creating Great Marketing Videos, Small Biz Trends
- Facebook Dwell Time: What Video Marketers Need to Know, Tubular Insights
- Lessons Learned From Experiments in Creating VR Content, Think with Google
- PulsePoint Partners with Tremor Video to Expand Video Offering, MarTech Advisor
- What’s Happening: Inside Twitter’s Big Video Push, AdAge