Marketing Day: Smart speaker marketing, responses to NYT’s Facebook report, AMP adoption
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Amy Gesenhues on December 20, 2018 at 4:40 pm
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 7 inspiring email templates
Dec 20, 2018 by Digital Marketing Depot
Email allows marketers to reach their buyers at the scale of their business, and forms a critical part of how marketers create the personalized experience that buyers demand. Integral to both campaigns and 1-to-1 communications, email is a main vehicle for sharing content, product information, and education with your customers.
- Why one marketer thinks smart speakers have their work cut out for them
Dec 20, 2018 by Greg Sterling
Rebecca Stone, LiveRamp’s VP of Marketing, discusses what needs to happen for smart speakers (and displays) to realize their marketing and commerce potential.
- 3 ways customer data drives more impactful brand experiences
Dec 20, 2018 by Mike Sands
Fostering customer trust and creating a plan for onphysical and digital stores to co-exist are important strategies to leverage.
- Facebook on NYT data sharing report: We did nothing wrong
Dec 19, 2018 by Chris Sherman
After today’s publication of an article in the New York Times detailing an investigation that uncovered more than 270 pages of Facebook’s internal documents and involved interviews with more than 60 people, Facebook and Microsoft are sharing their points-of-view about how they were portrayed.
- Two years on, mixed reports on AMP adoption
Dec 19, 2018 by Chris Sherman
The open source project that enables Web pages and ads to load nearly instantly is being adopted at a slower pace than advocates expected.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- DoubleVerify launches third-party measurement for Facebook Stories video ads
Dec 20, 2018 by Robin Kurzer
The Pinnacle platform will measure viewability, fraud and sophisticated invalid traffic (SIVT).
- Merkle launches bidding platform tailored for Amazon sponsored brand ads
Dec 20, 2018 by Ginny Marvin
The proprietary platform was developed to meet growing demand for bidding at scale.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 1,000+ Kids YouTube Channels to Exclude From Your Video Campaigns, Clix Marketing PPC Blog
- 3 Modern Marketing Ethics Traps to Avoid, CMS Wire
- Ad Agency CEO Calls on Marketers to Take Collective Stand Against Facebook, Wall Street Journal
- Facts About Facebook’s Messaging Partnerships, Facebook Newsroom
- How To Cure Brands’ Social Media Headache: Instagram And Snapchat Stories, AdExchanger
- Introducing the Data Studio Community Visualizations Developer Preview, Google Marketing Platform
- The Key Requirement of Content Marketing, Practical Ecommerce
- Your guide to audience segmentation for email marketing, My Emma