Marketing Day: Robot traffic, loyalty marketing, the future of TV advertising & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Debra Mastaler on June 25, 2018 at 4:03 pm | Reading time: 3 minutes
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Content optimization vs. SEO — What’s the difference?
Jun 25, 2018 by Digital Marketing Depot
Keyword optimization is a framework for SEO. Similarly, you could say that topic modeling (how words and phrases are interrelated) is a framework for content optimization. With the rise of semantic search, the goal is to cover a topic rather than zoning in on a specific keyword.
- New report: Some ad campaigns are almost entirely robot traffic
Jun 25, 2018 by Barry Levine
The good news in this first Robot Traffic Report from ad platform Dianomi: Overall bot traffic is down to about 32 percent, including good and bad ones.
- Loyalty is more than marketing, it’s a mindset
Jun 25, 2018 by Evan Magliocca
Contributor Evan Magliocca explains how retailers must approach customer loyalty — you’ve got to give it to get it.
- Traditional TV rolls with the times, remains a viable entertainment channel to both viewers and advertisers
Jun 25, 2018 by Robin Kurzer
As it has for more than 100 years, competing tech challenges television to evolve rather than contribute to its demise.
- The future of TV advertising in today’s digital world
Jun 25, 2018 by Chuck Moran
TV advertising isn’t what it used to be — it’s much more, argues contributor Chuck Moran.
Recent Headlines From MarTech, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- AT&T buys ad exchange AppNexus
Jun 25, 2018 by Barry Levine
Following the Time Warner purchase, this new acquisition positions the telco as a content and programmatic advertising powerhouse.
- How focusing on brand value creates revenue growth
Jun 25, 2018 by Scott Vaughan
Marketers often find themselves torn between meeting short-term sales goals and fostering long-term value. Contributor Scott Vaughan explains how to bring these two objectives together.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 11 Ecommerce Email Examples to Instantly Generate More Sales, Optin Monster
- 2018 Video Updates PPC Pros Should Know About, Clix Marketing
- 50 of the Most Popular Email Design Trends You Must Know About, AWeber
- 7 Steps to Protect Your Brand Online, Level 343
- How to Make Buyer Personas That Really Satisfy, Content Marketing Institute
- How to Use Facebook Automated Rules to Manage Facebook Ad Costs, Social Media Examiner
- Instagram Is Estimated to Be Worth More than $100 Billion, Bloomberg
- Only 17% of email marketers planning for AI, more than half will innovate with automation, Econsultancy
- Shopify rolls out messaging app for merchants, Retail Dive
- Why Employee Activation Is the Future of Marketing, Marketing Insider Group
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.