Marketing Day: Pinterest ad metrics, social intelligence & Twitter for Andoid
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Link building outreach: preparation meets persuasion
Jun 8, 2016 by Andrew Dennis
Obtaining valuable, future-proof backlinks requires human interaction — and that means being prepared to offer something of value. Columnist Andrew Dennis shares his advice for putting together a successful link building outreach campaign.
- Is your SEO data steering you wrong?
Jun 8, 2016 by Winston Burton
Accurate data is essential to measuring the success of your current SEO initiatives and informing the actions needed for future ones. Columnist Winston Burton discusses what to check to ensure accurate data collection and reporting.
- Segment adds automatic data collection for mobile apps
Jun 8, 2016 by Barry Levine
Called the Native Mobile Spec, it joins the company’s three other data packages — E-commerce, Email and A/B Testing — that capture standard events but allow for customization.
- chiefmartecTV: covering emerging topics at the intersection of marketing and IT, LIVE
Jun 8, 2016 by Marketing Land
Scott Brinker, martech pioneer and founder of chiefmartec.com, is launching a new live talk show on marketing technology issues and events: chiefmartecTV, sponsored by the MarTech Conference.
- Pinterest starts to measure the in-store sales impact of Promoted Pins
Jun 8, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Pinterest says its ads drive 5x more incremental in-store sales per impression.
- The future of social intelligence: image recognition and analysis
Jun 8, 2016 by John Donnelly III
When it comes to uncovering valuable insights that help marketers target the right audience, text analysis isn’t enough anymore. Columnist John Donnelly discusses the impact and evolution of social media image recognition and analysis.
- Meet Nativ.ly, the media startup ad biz accelerator used by Waze, Medium
Jun 8, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Nativ.ly has helped digital media startups like Waze, Medium and Pocket build their ad businesses with brands like Taco Bell, Bose and Google.
- Why idiots like you love their office but hate their website
Jun 8, 2016 by Stoney deGeyter
Are you putting more money into your office than your website? Don’t be an idiot. Columnist Stoney deGeyter explains why your web presence is more important than your office or store.
- Mizzen+Main CMO says there’s no such thing as a typical day at the e-commerce startup
Jun 8, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Get to Know: Jen Lavelle, CMO for the menswear brand Mizzen+Main
- Facebook tests desktop Pages redesign that drops right-rail ads
Jun 7, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook is testing a redesign of desktop Pages that omit right-rail ads in order to make room for larger cover photos, among other changes.
- New AMP ad formats in the works as Google study shows higher eCPMs on AMP
Jun 7, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Mobile sticky ads and flying carpet formats are in development.
- Twitter for Android gets a facelift
Jun 7, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Twitter for Android has gotten an overhaul, and the feedback is positive.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- All new Marketing Land report: “B2B Predictive Marketing Analytics Platforms”
- 5 contemporary strategies that help improve your rankings
- 10 ways to get ready for the new AdWords
- Two tried and true methods to make social media impact SEO
- Bing News launches PubHub, a portal for news publishers to submit their sites
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Enhance your affiliate programme with mobile banners!, blog.affiliatewindow.com
- Don’t Be Afraid To Create Your Own Metrics To Judge Success, www.ppchero.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Why a Great Profile Picture is a Blogger’s Most Powerful Tool – And How to Get One, www.problogger.net
- Google Beats Out Apple as the World’s Most Valuable Company at $229 Billion, www.adweek.com
- Yahoo Lines Up Bids for About 3,000 Patents, Wall Street Journal
- 10 Print Lessons That Applies to Content Marketing, www.searchenginejournal.com
- For Regulated Brands, Content Marketing Can Be A Calculated Risk, adexchanger.com
- What Your Customers (and Competitors) Think About Online Advertising and Content Marketing, www.marketingprofs.com
- Why Your Business Website Needs More Local Content, smallbiztrends.com
- Design & UX Trends to Boost Conversions, unbounce.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 11 of the Best Responsive WordPress Themes, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Breaking Out Of The Box: Design Inspiration, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Inside The Organic UX Design Process At Slack, www.fastcodesign.com
- Serial Position Effect: Why Order Matters in Optimization, conversionxl.com
- Amazon Plans $3 Billion India Investment, www.wsj.com
- Analyst: Amazon Prime subscribers could reach 70m by end of 2016, www.retaildive.com
- How to Quickly Improve the Conversion Rate of your Ecommerce Store Without Spending a Dime, blog.crazyegg.com
- Survey: E-commerce seeing ‘rapid’ growth with 51% of purchases made online, www.retaildive.com
- Training is key when it comes to nailing buy online, pick up in store, www.internetretailer.com
- Use Direct Mail to Attract New Ecommerce Customers, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 4 Ways Email Marketers Can Avoid the “Summertime Blues”, movableink.com
- Emails we love: The spring design edition, myemma.com
- Keep Your Email List Spick-and-Span in 3 Simple Steps, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Send the Wrong Marketing Email? 4 Steps to Fix It, blog.marketo.com
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Email Campaigns for Nonprofits, www.verticalresponse.com
General Internet Marketing
- 6 Must-Know Online Marketing Trends Of 2016, www.jeffbullas.com
- Revisiting Digital Marketing Cornerstones: 140-Character Tips from Marketers, moz.com
- The Real Root Cause Of Kickbacks And Client-Agency Challenges, adexchanger.com
- What We’ve Learned About the Future of Influence Marketing, www.convinceandconvert.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- HookLogic Announces Major Expansion of Ecommerce Ad Exchange, www.prnewswire.com
- Spearhead Integrated Marketing Communication Group Makes $148 Million Investment Proposal for Leading Global Real-Time Mobile Advertising Platform Smaato through M&A Fund, www.webwire.com
- Predictive Technology May Be Powerful, but It’s No Crystal Ball, www.emarketer.com
- The Magical, Terrible World of MarTech Acquisition, www.cmswire.com
- Two-Thirds of SMBs Invest in Automation to Help Nurture Leads, www.emarketer.com
- 12 outstanding mobile customer experiences, econsultancy.com
- A Chrome extension to help validate your AMP pages, amphtml.wordpress.com
- Ads on AMP Lead to Greater Visibility and Higher CTRs, Study Says, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Optimize your mobile page speed to keep users coming back, adsense.googleblog.com
- The app boom is over, www.recode.net
- German publishers are pooling data to compete with Google and Facebook, digiday.com
- Google developing kill switch for AI, www.bbc.com
- 5 Creative Ways to Use Snapchat Geofilters for Business, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 5 Old School Social Media Tactics That Are No Longer Effective (And What To Do Instead), blog.bufferapp.com
- Does app data suggest we are nearing peak social?, econsultancy.com
- How Much Should I Charge For Social Media Marketing Services?, mackcollier.com
- It’s Official: Facebook Text Rule in Ad Images is Changing, www.jonloomer.com
- Media Companies’ Reach Per Facebook Post Plummeting in 2016 (Study), www.adweek.com
- New Research Shows Social Media Succeeds Long Term More Than Short Term, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Snapchat to Grow 27% This Year, Surpassing Rivals, www.emarketer.com
- Social Marketing’s Biggest Moments in the Last 5 Years, simplymeasured.com
- Social media helps NASA sell inspiration, www.internetretailer.com
- Will brands care about Pinterest’s new ad formats?, digiday.com
- 5 Reasons Your Videos Aren’t Getting Any Attention, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- YouTube’s Susan Wojcicki on Transforming the Video Service, www.wsj.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech