Marketing Day: Mobile “Showroomers” Study, 3 New Google Patents & Black Friday Reports
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- How To Turn One Piece Of Content Into 100
Nov 30, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
At the core, content repurposing is the act of taking a single piece of content and tailoring it for delivery to multiple channels. All too often, people tend look backward to repurpose, focusing on content that has already been produced. This should be something you do before implementing a content marketing program.
- SEOs, SEMs, Analysts & Developers: Teams Save Up To 20% At SMX West
Nov 30, 2015 by Marketing Land
Do you manage the search marketing team at your company or agency? Sister site Search Engine Land’s SMX West is the ultimate team-building experience. There members will get must-know SEO, SEM, mobile and conversion optimization tactics at more than 50 sessions and from 100 expert presenters.
- Study: Mobile “Showroomers” Generally Buy In Stores, 18–34-Year-Olds Most Active
Nov 30, 2015 by Greg Sterling
We learned over the weekend how prominent mobile devices were in the Black Friday shopping melee. And while a growing number of purchases are happening on mobile devices, smartphones are primarily being used by consumers to find store locations, check hours information and do price comparisons while in stores.
- Honda Hosts #OpenTheCheer Twitter Instant-Win Contest For Holiday Sales Event
Nov 30, 2015 by Pamela Parker
The carmaker worked with RPA to craft a playful video-focused campaign that uses Twitter’s instant-win cards, which were recently introduced and not yet widely available.
- 3 Google Patents You Need To Know About In 2016
Nov 30, 2015 by Pratik Dholakiya
Columnist Pratik Dholakiya outlines three patents that Google is applying for and explains how they could affect search results for both you and your clients.
- AdWords Shopping Ads Enhancements: A Roundup
Nov 30, 2015 by Frederick Vallaeys
Columnist Frederick Vallaeys notes that AdWords has released many new features for Shopping Ads recently. Are you taking advantage of them?
- A 3-Step Plan For Easier Email Marketing
Nov 30, 2015 by Daniel Faggella
Don’t just throw away perfectly reusable email content. Columnist Daniel Faggella outlines some ways to help you create a compelling email campaign without the fuss.
- 7 Advanced Areas CMOs Must Focus On For 2016
Nov 30, 2015 by Scott Rayden
Looking to take your marketing strategy up a notch next year? Columnist Scott Rayden outlines key areas you should zero in on to get ahead in 2016.
- New Report Analyzes Ways That Online Retailer Experience Could Trump Discounts
Nov 30, 2015 by Barry Levine
Sponsored by marketing/commerce platform EPiServer, the study will be complemented by another report early next year that evaluates what worked best in the holiday season.
- What’s Old Is New Again: Why Affiliate Marketing Is Growing
Nov 30, 2015 by Adam Weiss
Columnist Adam Weiss takes a close look at advancements in affiliate marketing and how they’re driving growth in the industry.
- Black Friday Weekend: E-Commerce Thinned Crowds, Mobile Devices Drove Traffic
Nov 30, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Black Friday ain’t what it used to be. The cultural ritual (if I can call it that) appears to have lost some of its mojo, as many retailers, seeking attention and competitive advantage, make Black Friday-style deals available before Thanksgiving. There has also been a shift of some in-store shopping to online (and mobile).
- Are Customer Reviews Promoting Your E-Business Like They Should?
Nov 27, 2015 by Jeremy Smith
Like it or not, customer reviews are a fact of life — and their impact on your business is huge. Columnist Jeremy Smith explains how you can use this to your advantage to promote your brand.
- Disappearing Act: Twitter Pulls Share Counts From Tweet Buttons
Nov 25, 2015 by Martin Beck
The removal of share counts, which Twitter announced in October and executed last week, surprises and frustrates some publishers.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Avoid Hurdles When Working With Multiple Agencies
- How To Build Author Rank Without Google Authorship
- Google Is Testing A Car Loan Calculator Quick Answer Box
- Lucy Maud Montgomery Google Doodle Honors “Anne Of Green Gables” Author On Her 141st Birthday
- Why Everyone Should Be Moving To HTTP/2
- Search In Pics: GoogleBot In Snow, Google Pet Toys & John Mueller In Star Wars
- Thanksgiving Google Doodle Features “Three Sisters” Of North American Crops: Corn, Beans & Squash
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Clean Up Your Messy Marketing Data, www.cmswire.com
- Content Metrics: Assessing the Real Impact of Curation, contentmarketinginstitute.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 20 Things to Remember for Writing a Perfect Blog Post, www.jeffbullas.com
- 5 Reasons Batching Your Blog Content Can Improve Your Productivity, www.problogger.net
- 8 Ways to Drive Traffic to Your Blog with Facebook, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Don’t Forget Your Blog During the Holidays, www.blogherald.com
- Here’s Why Your Guest Post Pitches Are Failing, www.stonetemple.com
- Maybe the Blog Isn’t Dead. Maybe., www.ryanhanley.com
- What do 3,000 blog post titles reveal about digital marketing in 2015?, econsultancy.com
- A Call for Transparency in European Copyright Reform, yahoopolicy.tumblr.com
- Google has patented how its driverless cars will talk to you, qz.com
- Mark Zuckerberg And Bill Gates Join Forces To Invest In Clean Energy Technology, techcrunch.com
- 2016 Content Marketing Plan For Success, heidicohen.com
- 5 Alternative Ways To Share Content Other Than Social Media, smallbiztrends.com
- A 4-Step Approach to Create Content That Hits the Mark, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How to Take the Challenger Sales Approach to Content Marketing, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Six ways to maximize the impact of your content marketing, econsultancy.com
- Why Good Infographics Are More Than Just Pictures and Numbers, contently.com
- A beginner’s guide to A/B testing, econsultancy.com
- Apply Emotions and Learn More from Your A/B Tests, blog.optimizely.com
- Don’t Leave Me: How To Optimize Exit-Intent Popups, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Copywriting ALERT! 902 Headline Banging Words, SRSLY, www.aimclearblog.com
- Should writers be worried about automated copywriting?, econsultancy.com
- Page Speed: Are Slow Loading Pages Killing Your Growth?, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- Using Mobile UX To Make Your Business More Visible During The Holiday Season, usabilitygeek.com
- What is Remote Usability Testing?, www.usertesting.com
- Writing Irresistible Headlines, www.compukol.com
- 3 reasons you shouldn’t kick yourself for selling a short domain name too soon, domainnamewire.com
- 5 Tools to Track and Measure Your Domain’s Social Impact, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Cart Abandonment, multichannelmerchant.com
- Clicks Defeat Bricks During Black Friday Holiday Weekend, adage.com
- E-retailers enjoy a 24% jump in Thanksgiving sales, www.internetretailer.com
- How to avoid becoming a victim of your e-commerce success, www.internetretailer.com
- More Than 121 Million Holiday Shoppers Plan to Shop Online on Cyber Monday, nrf.com
- Online Shoppers Spent Nearly Half A Billion Early Cyber Monday, Sales On Track To Hit $3 Billion, techcrunch.com
- The dubious history of Cyber Monday, on its 10th birthday, qz.com
- With new ad, Amazon suggests its drone delivery program is real, digiday.com
- 15 Last-Minute Holiday Email Ideas to End 2015 with a Bang, blogs.constantcontact.com
- 2015 Thanksgiving, Black Friday Email Trends, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Delivering Value with Email Personalization, blog.movableink.com
- Email shines over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, www.internetretailer.com
- First Look at Black Friday 2015: Mobile Email Clicks Rise Sharply, www.silverpop.com
- Get Started with Email Marketing Personalization, www.verticalresponse.com
General Internet Marketing
- 5 Things To Consider When Spending Your Online Marketing Budget, www.searchenginepeople.com
- How to Achieve the Most Success from Holiday Marketing Campaigns, www.martechadvisor.com
- Over Half of CMOs Still Not Using Omni-Channel Marketing Strategies, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 12 Content Marketing Tools to Improve Your Productivity, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Seven avoidable marketing automation mistakes, econsultancy.com
- Why We’re Building the Next Era of Content Marketing Tech, contently.com
- 3 big mistakes brands make on mobile, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- 4 Hot Mobile Marketing Trends to Watch in 2016, blog.kissmetrics.com
- 7 Common Mobile Mistakes that Kill your Conversions, ignitevisibility.com
- Holiday Weekend a Big Win for Mobile, streetfightmag.com
- How Do Mobile Users in China Consume Content?, www.emarketer.com
- Instagram Tests Multi-Account Support for Android App, www.adweek.com
- Report: Mobile Visits to Retailer Websites on the Rise, www.adweek.com
- The New Wave Of Selling On Mobile, techcrunch.com
- What happens when mobile operators align with ad blockers, digiday.com
- Holiday Reputation Management Action Plan, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Google+ Is More Popular Than You Think, www.globalwebindex.net
- 15 reasons your brand should be on Snapchat, econsultancy.com
- 3 Facebook Ad Features You Aren’t Using (But Should Be), www.searchenginejournal.com
- 4 Types of Holiday Content That Capture Attention on Instagram, blogs.constantcontact.com
- 7 Must Haves for Your Holiday Social Media Strategy, smallbiztrends.com
- 7 Types of Twitter Contests to Boost Your Reach And Engagement, www.adweek.com
- 8 Twitter Tips to Improve Your Twitter Marketing, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Agencies love Periscope, but Twitter fails to capitalize, digiday.com
- Decking the Holidays with Instagram, blog.business.instagram.com
- Facebook Conversion Pixel Changes: What Marketers Need to Know, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How To Mount the Most Successful Holiday Campaigns on Social Media Platforms, multichannelmerchant.com
- How to View Twitter Share Counts, www.smallbusinessideasblog.com
- Misconceptions about Facebook Advertising, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Social Media Marketing Opportunities for B2B Brands, www.toprankblog.com
- The Twitter Campaign Objective Guide, blog.adstage.io
- 3 Major Online Video Engagement Trends You Must Know, www.martechadvisor.com
- Retailers are spending 200 percent more on skippable YouTube ads this year, digiday.com
- Three Basic Elements to Help You Create the Perfect Video, www.problogger.net
- YouTube Changes at a Rate of 33% a Year, www.reelseo.com