Marketing Day: Marketing Automation, Google’s New Logo & Simply Measured Acquires Inside Social
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the Web.
From Marketing Land:
- Notablist – A Search Engine Built For Email Marketers – Includes 4M+ Searchable Email Campaigns
Founded by Michael Johnston and Dr. Minor Gordon, the site offers digital marketers a new level of competitive research.
- Driving Growth With Marketing Automation – September 9 Webcast
Essential strategies for using marketing technology to drive more revenue, reduce costs and improve overall ROI.
- Google Updates Logo To Reflect Multiple Product Lines And Screen Experiences
There have been multiple Google logo changes in the company’s nearly 20-year history, and today Google is introducing the latest one.
- Anticipating Antitrust Decision, European Firms Get Ready To Sue Google
Sensing an opportunity if the European Commission (EC) decides Google abused its market position in shopping search, a European law firm and a “public affairs” firm have teamed up to create a kind of litigation infrastructure to help European companies sue Google.
- Campus Chronicle: Cracking Content Marketing For Higher Education
Columnist Pratik Dholakiya explains how schools rely on content marketing to tell a story that matters — to effectively market to students and win over new ones.
- Simply Measured Acquires Inside Social To Boost Case For Social ROI
The combination of Inside Social’s deeper-in-the-funnel attribution with Simply Measured’s social data will better show how brands’ earned social media drives consumer behavior, company says.
- 5 Content Trends To Watch
As content marketing continues to evolve, columnist Rebecca Lieb takes a look at key trends that every marketer should keep an eye on.
- September 1: Google’s Chrome Begins Auto-Pausing Flash Ads
The beleaguered technology takes another hit as the industry shifts to HTML5.
- Negative Tweet About Your Brand? Here’s Why Responding Isn’t Enough
Columnist John Donnelly III discusses why brands need to do more than simply respond to Twitter and Facebook posts — and why analyzing and learning from customers’ social posts will give companies a leg up on the competition.
- Score Back-To-School Savings With Super Early Bird Rates. Attend SocialPro.
Battling the perception that social media doesn’t drive sales or marketing success? Attend SocialPro for proven, ROI-driven tactics that will elevate your profit, silence the critics and create a social media success story.
- Google+ Still Kicking: Collections Now Available In The iOS App
Collections, which gives Google+ users the ability to create topic-based streams, now has a home on Apple devices.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- The Finalists For The 2015 Search Engine Land Awards Are…
- Google Gets A Brand New Look: Updates Search & Now Card Visuals
- Google: App Interstitials That Hide Significant Amount Of Content Will Not Rank Well In Mobile Search Results
- Enterprise Link Building Challenges (And Solutions)
- Score Back To School Savings With Super Early Bird Rates. Attend SocialPro.
- Regulating Google Search — A Reality Check
- Google Adds More Height To Their Search Box
- Google Drops The Old Search Queries Report From Google Search Console
- Mount McKinley Becomes Mt. Denali On Google Maps; Bing Stays With Old Name
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Deterministic vs Probabilistic: Affiliate Marketing’s Cross-Device Challenge, blog.affiliatewindow.com
- What happens when data goes wrong? BAT’s CMO discusses, www.cmo.com.au
- Apple may produce original Hollywood content – here’s why that would be a great move, qz.com
- Happy personal news, yahoo.tumblr.com
- Josh Miller Leaves Facebook For The White House, techcrunch.com
- Are Brands Creating High-Quality Content?, www.marketingprofs.com
- Content Movement: How to Get Your Share of the Conversation, www.jeffkorhan.com
- Get Your Fans to Share Their Love: What Every Brand Can Learn From GoPro, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- The 6 Types of Content Will Boost Your Traffic and Engagement, blog.bufferapp.com
- What Content Mapping Is & How To Use It, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Why Do Content Producers Need to be Experts? Here’s Why with Mark & Eric, www.stonetemple.com
- Why the future of content marketing is real-time, blog.newswhip.com
- Why you Need a Content Marketing Budget for 2016, www.verticalmeasures.com
- Are Your CTAs Making Customers Feel Like Converting or Bouncing?, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Great Titles and Web Design for Maximum Traffic, www.blogherald.com
- The design series: Introduction to Graphic design, blog.affiliatewindow.com
- Use the 7 Deadly Sins for More Persuasive Copy, unbounce.com
- Using Luntz’s Words That Work to Ignite Your Web Copy, conversionxl.com
- 5 tips for optimising Ecommerce sites in 2015, www.smartinsights.com
- Canadian shoppers turn to the web for products they can’t find nearby, www.internetretailer.com
- How Mondelez plans to transform shopper marketing via mobile, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- How to Prime Your eCommerce Website for Conversion Testing, www.goinflow.com
- PayPal.Me is suspiciously similar to Square’s “Cashtags”, qz.com
- The Future of Shopping is Mobile, www.adweek.com
- 3 Email AutoResponders Every Retailer Should Consider, www.verticalresponse.com
- 3 sales-boosting holiday email tips for retailers, myemma.com
- The Path to Holiday Email Optimization, Part I: Checking Your Foundation, blog.returnpath.com
- The What, When, and Who of Successful Emails, www.marketingprofs.com
General Internet Marketing
- Avoid These Five Online Advertising No-No’s, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Consumer Survey Reveals the Efficacy of Inbound vs. Outbound, moz.com
- How should digital marketing agencies prioritise their services?, blogs.constantcontact.com
- The Comprehensive Guide to Building an eBook for Your Lead Magnet, adespresso.com
- Why Growth Hacking Is the Next Big Thing for Marketing, adage.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Aki Launches New Mobile Ad Platform Focused On Unlocking Value of Moments, www.prweb.com
- Copyblogger Media Rebrands as Rainmaker Digital, www.copyblogger.com
- The SPLENDA® Brand Gives Consumers a Second Helping of SWEET SWAPS™ on Yahoo & Tumblr, yahoo.tumblr.com
- The rise of the marketing technologist, www.tennessean.com
- Desktop Ad Spending Is Declining As Mobile Grows, Wall Street Journal
- How to Future Proof Your Mobile Marketing Strategy, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Report: Ad Spending on the Mobile Web Doubled Last Year, www.adweek.com
- Why Your Customers’ Emotions Affect Their App Experiences, www.marketingprofs.com
- 3 Ways to Measure the Value of Your Social Media Marketing Program, www.toprankblog.com
- Consumers respond to Facebook ads differently during the holidays, www.internetretailer.com
- Engaging Your Followers on Twitter through User Research, www.usertesting.com
- Facebook Launches New TV Ad Campaign, www.adweek.com
- Facebook Widens Apsalar Mobile Management Integration to Cover Instagram, www.martechadvisor.com
- How Facebook Deconstructed the Status Update for a Lovely Series of Slow-Motion Ads, www.adweek.com
- How to Fix Your Social Media Marketing Strategy, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Introducing Improvements to Instagram Direct, blog.instagram.com
- Marketing to China’s millions: Make social media a priority, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- New messaging experience comes to LinkedIn, finally!, blog.linkedin.com
- Twitter Quality Score for Ads: What Marketers Need to Know, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Why data mined from social media alone is garbage, digiday.com
- Amazon, Netflix, Google, Microsoft, Mozilla And Others Partner To Create Next-Gen Video Format, techcrunch.com
- Dear YouTube: You Need an A/B Testing Feature, www.reelseo.com
- Facebook Proves Brands Don’t Need YouTube to Go Viral, adage.com
- How to Get Started on Blab: Group Video Broadcasting for Marketers, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- The Anatomy of Video Channels that Make Millions, www.searchenginejournal.com
- The Future of Content Marketing is Online Video, www.adweek.com
- The Marketer’s Guide to Periscope, blog.kissmetrics.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.