Marketing Day: Lytics Personalization, retail tech survey & YouTube’s live streaming
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- How “Do It With Me” marketing services can help SMBs access the latest marketing practices
Jun 24, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) are the new frontier for digital services.
- Influencing with ad copy: how to truly drive action
Jun 24, 2016 by Purna Virji
Is your ad copy ineffective? Columnist Purna Virji discusses how you can tap into your customers’ decision-making brains to drive clicks and conversions.
- Fishing for B2B success: How to use AdWords to “land a big one”
Jun 24, 2016 by Jacob Baadsgaard
Like fishing, refining your AdWords campaign takes time and patience. Columnist Jacob Baadsgaard outlines his process for catching big leads in B2B.
- Why retailers shouldn’t overreact to the voice search revolution
Jun 24, 2016 by Andy Taylor
Columnist Andy Taylor of Merkle|RKG shares data and provides insight into how voice search is impacting retailers.
- New Lytics Personalization promises greater simplicity and sophistication
Jun 24, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Platform seeks to help marketers deliver more customized experiences on their websites and beyond.
- Retail survey: 51% of shoppers want digital coupons; 67% find facial recognition creepy
Jun 24, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
RichRevelance, an omnichannel personalization provider, polled more than 1,000 consumers to uncover consumer attitudes toward retail technology.
- From leads to data: how changes in the media business affect B2B marketers
Jun 24, 2016 by Scott Vaughan
Columnist Scott Vaughan takes a look at the transformation of media companies and what it means for B2B marketers and their data solutions.
- Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble: Tough times ahead in digital
Jun 24, 2016 by Lewis Gersh
Is digital marketing headed for a big-time crash? Columnist Lewis Gersh thinks so — and he offers marketers advice on how to survive the impact.
- YouTube adds mobile live-streaming to catch up to Facebook, Periscope
Jun 23, 2016 by Tim Peterson
YouTube Live isn’t all that different from Twitter’s Periscope or Facebook Live, but its execs claim it’s faster and more reliable than its rivals.
- Discover the link between SEO data and influencer marketing
Jun 23, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Combining SEO with Influencer Marketing enables you to ensure you are identifying the right influencers, based on the keywords and content campaigns you are already optimizing for.
- Forecast: 33 percent of internet users will be ad blocking by next year
Jun 23, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Rapid growth of ad blocking requires more soul-searching, faster action by industry.
- Facebook is getting closer to putting ads in Live videos
Jun 23, 2016 by Tim Peterson
At VidCon, Facebook’s video product boss, Fidji Simo, said the company will test different monetization models for Facebook Live “over the next couple months.”
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Bridging the gaps in the Google My Business API
- Search in Pics: Google Father’s Day gift, Gary Illyes’s iPhone & Google Jedi
- Overcome 14 common challenges agencies and media companies face
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Bring Your Marketing Analytics Into the 21st Century, thedma.org
- No More Manual Marketing Data Analysis: There Is a Better Way, www.tune.com
- Put the Power of Predictive Analytics in Business Users’ Hands, www.cmswire.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Blog Community: 5 Types of People Your Blog Needs, heidicohen.com
- Amazon, Google and Volvo Want to Seamlessly Integrate the Internet of Things Into Your Life, www.adweek.com
- Facebook Will Train Employees to Spot Their Own Political Bias, www.wsj.com
- 31 Types of Content We Crave, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How the Atlantic’s content-marketing division is expanding internationally, digiday.com
- How to Create Maximum Content with Minimal Hassles, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Interactive Content Is More Than Just an Attention-Grabber, www.emarketer.com
- Native Advertising and the Content Marketing Revolution, www.emarketer.com
- Why A Long Term Content Strategy Wins, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 3 Simple Hacks for Better Copy and More Conversions in Less Time, www.copyblogger.com
- Pinterest Conversion Tracking for Promoted Pins Unveiled, smallbiztrends.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- A Designer’s Guide To The $15 Billion Artificial Intelligence Industry, www.fastcodesign.com
- One Simple Tactic to Writing Website Copy That Sells, smallbiztrends.com
- The automation of design, techcrunch.com
- A vendor focused on what happens after an online checkout raises $22 million, www.internetretailer.com
- Amazon makes it harder for retailers to ride Prime Day’s coattails, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Creating a Commerce-Enabled Community, multichannelmerchant.com
- How Your Ecommerce Operations Have Benefited from the Amazon Effect, multichannelmerchant.com
- Making online auctions fun for mobile millennials, www.internetretailer.com
- Most Consumers Willing to Wait for Digital Purchase Deliveries, www.emarketer.com
- The Age of Authenticity: Retail Marketers Must Embrace UGC, multichannelmerchant.com
- 3 Ways to Get Inside Your Prospects’ Inboxes, www.wordstream.com
- How to Build a Better Welcome Email Series, movableink.com
General Internet Marketing
- Why More CMOs Should Embrace Data Management Platforms, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 23 Must-Have Tools for Your Marketing Stack, blog.kissmetrics.com
- As ad tech consolidates, business models shift, digiday.com
- AMPlifying Google Play Newsstand, amphtml.wordpress.com
- 5 Ways to Amp Up Your Mobile Marketing Strategy, blog.marketo.com
- Glass support website finally confirms ‘Glass: Enterprise Edition’ name, add-on battery pack, 9to5 Google
- How to Determine Mobile App ROI for Small Businesses, smallbiztrends.com
- Updates on iOS & Android: Spice Up the Emails You Want to Send and Unsend the Ones You Don’t, yahoo.tumblr.com
- WhatsApp hits 100 million calls per day, techcrunch.com
- Why mobile game developers should take influencer marketing seriously, venturebeat.com
- 2016 NBA Playoffs on Facebook, media.fb.com
- Facebook Instant Articles: How to Get Started, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Facebook plays favorites with publishers, digiday.com
- How Social and Mobile Platforms can Enliven your Patriotism this Independence Day, www.martechadvisor.com
- How Social Can Transform Your Employee Engagement Strategy, www.cmswire.com
- Inside The Weird And Wonderful World Of Instagram Pet Influencers, www.fastcompany.com
- Pinterest bags Tote for social media merchandising strategy, www.retaildive.com
- SMASH Sales with Facebook Buyer Targeting Personas, www.aimclearblog.com
- The Lego Model: How to Build Your Social Brand, www.adweek.com
- Twitter quietly launches tags to location feeds with Foursquare, techcrunch.com
- Analysis of 10 billion mobile video ads shows what gets your app installed, venturebeat.com
- Facebook Live grows up with two-person broadcasts and waiting rooms for viewers, techcrunch.com
- Facebook will let you schedule live videos and broadcast right from the MSQRD app, venturebeat.com
- How VoD is becoming the video consumption method of choice across the world, econsultancy.com
- Live-streams of Sit-In Mark Defining Moment for Social Video, adage.com
- Native video is the next big ad format, just ask Facebook, digiday.com
- Snapchat has quietly introduced the world to augmented reality, qz.com