Marketing Day: LinkedIn report, Amazon’s new Spark social feed & Facebook Pages
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Eight insider tips for exceptional price extensions
Jul 20, 2017 by Matt Lawson
Price extensions show off your products alongside your ads in a carousel. Columnist and Googler Matt Lawson runs down how to make your price extensions stand out on the results page.
- LinkedIn report: Sales tech ‘is changing the game for sellers’ (and buyers)
Jul 20, 2017 by Barry Levine
Buyers are now pre-qualifying sellers, as sales tech — including LinkedIn and other social networks — revises how the B2B game is played.
- 25 promotion tactics to ensure people actually see your content
Jul 20, 2017 by Blaise Lucey
So you have high-quality content. That doesn’t mean much if it doesn’t reach an audience. Columnist Blaise Lucey shares 25 ways to get people to take notice of your content.
- Most marketers unhappy with localization efforts, but fail to invest in necessary resources
Jul 20, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
The CMO council found 75% of marketers invest less than 10% of budgets in localization needs, even though 63% are unsatisfied with efforts.
- Why data is at the center of leadership shakeups in retail
Jul 20, 2017 by Rohit Gupta
Should merchandising and marketing fall under the same umbrella in the new retail paradigm? Contributor Rohit Gupta says yes, explaining how increasing access to data is transforming how retailers can respond to consumers.
- Amazon’s new Spark social feed wants to be ‘Instagram for products’
Jul 19, 2017 by Greg Sterling
New offering from the e-commerce giant is a pragmatic and creative move.
- Facebook lets brands, publishers connect Groups to their Pages
Jul 19, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Facebook is opening up Groups to Pages but will not yet allow Page owners to target ads to Group members through Custom Audiences.
- Organizing for Martech: Re-examining modern marketing
Jul 19, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Many organizations are struggling to optimize their staffing and skills to compete in a rapidly changing marketing world. What worked yesterday in marketing and technology may not work today – or tomorrow. With the rapid infusion of technology into the marketing organization, tensions between marketing and IT are inevitable.
- Time is almost up. Attend MarTech at the lowest price possible – don’t miss out!
Jul 19, 2017 by Scott Brinker
Don’t miss the only MarTech on the East Coast this year! Check out my hand-crafted agenda featuring 30+ sessions and 40 marketing superstars: See the agenda at a glance here. Register before Saturday for an All Access Pass and pay $400 less compared to on-site rates.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Amazon acquires Santa Barbara start-up Graphiq to try to bolster Alexa, LA Times
- Apple Picks New Chief for One of Its Toughest Markets: China, Wall Street Journal
- Vimeo isn’t launching a new subscription service, but it does have a new CEO, Recode
- 21 Awesome Time-Saving Tips for Content Marketers, Search Engine Journal
- My Recent Depressing Realization about All This Crappy “Content Marketing”, ScreenWerk
- Study Reveals Accelerated Adoption, Success of User-Generated Content Marketing Strategies for Mid-Market Retail, Multichannel Merchant
- Experience-Driven Commerce: 6 Ways to Become an Experience Business, Get Elastic
- Target, Walmart outpace Amazon for back-to-college shoppers, Retail Dive
- Email Is Getting More Clicks, More Subscribers, More Personal, The Direct Markting Association
- How to Prune Your Email List to Improve Deliverability, Crazy Egg
- Improve your email marketing with automation, VerticalResponse
General Internet Marketing
- 9 Easy Ways to Increase Your Authority & Influence as a Marketer, Search Engine Journal
- Why Brands Need Master Data Management, eMarketer
Internet Marketing Industry
- Ibotta Unveils Mobile Marketplace Expansion, Projecting $500 Million in Sales for New Mobile, PR Newswire
- Thunderhead’s ONE Engagement Hub Launches Powerful “Audiences” Capability, Real Wire
- Video on Demand (VOD) Content Ratings Added to Media Impact Planning Solution by Nielsen, Nielsen
- Lessons from “Retail Apocalypse”: Invest in Technology, People, Practical Ecommerce
- Study: Chatbots gain popularity with consumers, especially millennials, Mobile Marketer
- Google’s safeguard against rogue Android apps is now available, Engadget
- How to embrace the constraints of mobile-first, Mobile Marketer
- Marketers Face Challenges in Working with Location Data, eMarketer
- Facebook Journalism Project: Six Month Update, Facebook Media
- How to Make the Most of Snapchat’s New Website Links, Convince and Convert
- Why I Think Social Media Is For Branding and Engagement, Not Traffic or Revenue, The Buffer Blog
- Bringing new Redirect Method features to YouTube, Official YouTube Blog
- Report: YouTube boycott fervor cools, but P&G, Walmart still stay away, Mobile Marketer
- State of Online Video Q2 2017: The Latest Trends, Tubular Insights
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech