Marketing Day: IAB Tech Lab launches ads.txt, Tobii acquires Sticky & more
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: Enterprise Call Analytics Platforms: A Marketer’s Guide — updated for 2017 May 22, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot The flood of mobile calls to US businesses continues unabated, changing the way enterprise […]
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Enterprise Call Analytics Platforms: A Marketer’s Guide — updated for 2017
May 22, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
The flood of mobile calls to US businesses continues unabated, changing the way enterprise brands view the telephone as an inbound marketing channel. It is also now changing the way brands view the telephone as an inbound marketing channel.
- To purge fake ad sellers from digital advertising, IAB Tech Lab launches ads.txt
May 22, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Buyers will be able to see which sellers have been authenticated by publishers.
- At IAB Programmatic Symposium, digital advertising looks to grow up
May 22, 2017 by Barry Levine
The industry organization promotes the new name of ‘automation,’ a new framework and a new urgency as brands proclaim: ‘Enough is enough.’
- Eye-tracker Tobii acquires fellow eye-tracker Sticky
May 22, 2017 by Barry Levine
Lab-based eye-tracker Tobii buys the webcam-based Sticky so it can offer large consumer panels as well as focused test groups.
- Ad fraud detection: A guide for marketers
May 22, 2017 by Ratko Vidakovic
Columnist Ratko Vidakovic walks you through ways to detect the warning signs of ad fraud to help you eliminate it from your campaigns and boost the performance of your marketing efforts.
- 5 strategies to improve your ad copy
May 19, 2017 by Mona Elesseily
Need some ideas to make your search ads really shine? Columnist Mona Elesseily provides tips for improving your ad copy to increase conversions.
- MarTech, conversational UI, and the future of connecting with customers
May 19, 2017 by Jeff Eckman
Contributor Jeff Eckman recaps a session by MarTech San Francisco 2017 speaker Nick Pandolfi of Google’s Global Product Partnerships team in which he shares Google’s view on this emerging topic, as well as five tips on designing for the conversational interface.
- Using search and social to support TV advertising
May 19, 2017 by Justin Freid
Are you investing in TV advertising? Columnist Justin Fried explains how search and social can work in together to help capture consumers activated by your television ads.
- The effect of Moore’s Law on behavioral marketing
May 19, 2017 by Brian Massey
Even marketing isn’t immune to Moore’s Law. Columnist Brian Massey explains how Moore’s Law has changed behavioral science, making it cheaper for marketers to create and use behavioral data than ever before.
- 7 Real-World Tips for Better Social Engagement
May 19, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Pepsi… Fox News… Uber. Look at recent headlines, and you’ll see the impact social media can have on a brand. In today’s 24/7 news cycle, responding quickly and appropriately to customers on social media can be the difference between success and disaster. Why do brands still struggle with social media?
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Brands want platforms to fix measurement issues, Digiday
- Predictive Analytics for Right-Brained Marketers, MarTech Advisor
- Facebook is delaying the launch of its original videos until the end of summer, Recode
- Google Woos Developers to Catch Amazon in Digital Assistants, AdAge
- 19 Favorite Tools for Content Promotion in 2017, Content Marketing Institute
- 3 Steps to Creating Scalable, Quality Content with Influencer Marketing, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- 9 Content Hacks to Help You Learn from Your Competitors, Authority Labs
- How to Develop an Effective Content Strategy, Search Engine Journal
- It’s Time to Take the Brand Out of Branded Content, Adweek
- SMB Content Marketing: Avoid the Backward Approach, Street Fight
- The Right Way to Balance Business and Fun in Your Content Marketing, Convince and Convert
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 6 Tips for Increasing User Trust through Ad Copy, 3Q Digital
- Better Form Design: One Thing Per Page, Smashing Magazine
- How to get conversational UI right, VentureBeat
- The accidentally successful top level domain names, Domain Name Wire
- Who makes the first move matters, The Domains
- Could AI revolutionize high street retail as well as ecommerce?, Econsultancy
- Optimizing the Customer Journey: Tips from Ecommerce Experts, Shopify Plus
- Web CMS vs. PIM: Which to Use for Ecommerce Catalogs?, CMS Wire
- 10 subject lines to celebrate Memorial Day, VerticalResponse
- 7 irresistible restaurant email design, Emma Email Marketing Blog
- Frequency, Email Open Rates, and How to Boost Engagement, Movable Ink Blog
- Mother’s Day Email Report: Tablet Email Read Lengths Were High, Movable Ink Blog
General Internet Marketing
- Disruptive Marketing: What is It?, CopyPressed
- What if Your Marketing Isn’t Working Like it Should?, Duct Tape Marketing
- Your Digital Interface Is Your Brand, CMS Wire
Internet Marketing Industry
- Introducing Instagram Ad Campaigns, MailChimp Blog
- “I need a neck to throttle”: Why publishers don’t build their own ad tech, Digiday
- 3 Hard-Learned Lessons From the World of MarTech, Social Media Explorer
- 3 Major Ways Artificial Intelligence is Changing Marketing, MarTech Advisor
- Customer Data Platforms: The Next Big Shift in SaaS Marketing Stacks?, ConversionXL
- Machine Learning and AI: When to Start?, AdAge
- Meet the 26 Trailblazers Revolutionizing the Field of Marketing Technology, Adweek
- How Advancing Location Tech Can Help Revitalize Retail, Street Fight
- Should You Add City to Your Business Name at Google My Business?, Local University
- 6 Facebook Remarketing Tactics That Work, Social Media Examiner
- Facebook’s content moderation rules dubbed “alarming” by child safety charity, TechCrunch
- Here’s How to Share an Instagram Post in a Direct Message, Adweek
- How Social Media is Changing the Way Brands Address the Modern Commercial Society, MarTech Advisor
- How You Can Rise Above the Social Media Noise, Search Engine Journal
- Is Instagram the New LinkedIn for Young Workers?, Adweek
- Save the Snark: Your Tone on Social Media May Harm Your Brand, CMS Wire
- Personalized Video Lessons From and for Facebook, Adweek
- Snapchat, Facebook Fuel AR Growth, eMarketer
- You May Not See Original Facebook-Exclusive Video Content From Publishers Until August, Adweek
- Youtube Channel Ranking Optimization: Why This One Factor Will Blow Up Your Channel Traffic, Stone Temple
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.