Marketing Day: Google’s Earnings Report, Apple Watch Apps Already Available & Facebook’s “Anthology”
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google Posts Revs Of $17.3 Billion In Q1, Misses On Earnings And Revenue
This afternoon Google announced quarterly earnings of just under $17.3 billion, which was up 12 percent over Q1 2014.
- Twitter, Uber, New York Times Among The First Apple Watch Apps Being Released
Tomorrow the Apple Watch pre-orders start arriving. And almost immediately those early adopters will be downloading specialized watch apps onto their wrist computers.
- Writing Ad Copy That Converts – April 30 Webcast
You may be a digital marketing expert, but are you a pro at writing enticing ad copy that truly hooks consumers?
- Acne Brand Debuts Teen Dramedy Series ‘The Benzacs’ on Instagram
Deutch New York helps the brand reach teens with ongoing mini-videos.
- Facebook Introduces “Anthology” To Cash In On Video
Facebook announces new group of video production partners that will help brands create video ads.
- Google Gets Into Content Recommendation With AdSense Matched Content
Unit features links to articles on AdSense publishers’ own sites.
- Online Retailers Planning To Move Martech To The Cloud [Survey]
Web hosting, inventory management and other technologies are popular choices for moving to the cloud, but security remains a top concern.
- Applying The Principles Of The 2016 Election To Digital Marketing Campaigns
For both presidential and digital campaigns, the same message holds true, says columnist Soo Jin Oh. You need to deliver the right message to the end user.
- Yahoo Bolsters Video Ad Offerings With Native Video & App Install Ad Units
Yahoo, already a leader in video, is bringing a new set of ad units to video content.
- Facebook Video Soars Past 4 Billion Daily Views
Showing no signs of slowing, daily video views on Facebook have jumped 1 billion since January.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Bing Ads Shopping Campaigns Now In Beta
- Facebook’s Hello App Another Incremental Step Toward Local Search
- How To Drive Phone Conversions With PPC
- What Signals From Twitter Does Google Care About?
- Google’s Search Analytics Report Now Live For More Webmaster Tools Users
- Apple Moving Closer To Adding Public Transit Routing To Maps
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- There’s More to Life than Analytics, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Thinking big data for marketing? Get small data right first, www.cmo.com.au
Blogs & Blogging
- 50 Blogging Tips From the Experts, www.blogherald.com
- 8 Steps to Becoming a Successful Guest Blogger, www.semrush.com
- The Full Blog Monetization Menu: 60+ Ways to Make Money With Your Blog, www.problogger.net
- How to Create Content to Attract Your Target Market, www.amyporterfield.com
- 10 More Content Marketing Buzzwords That’ll Make You Want to Stick Forks in Your Eyes, contently.com
- 4 Mobile-Friendly Content Marketing Tips For Google’s Update, www.toprankblog.com
- 5 More Tips on How to Choose a Content Marketing Agency, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 5 Things Content Marketers Need to Know About Dubsmash, the New Viral Lip-Syncing App, contently.com
- Content Marketing on a Small Budget, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Extra, extra: Grumpy journalism refugees are (often) bad at branded content, digiday.com
- Using Content to Turn Prospects into Clients, www.compukol.com
- What Goes into the Content Development Process?, www.martechadvisor.com
- Your Ultimate Guide to Boosting Engagement, smallbiztrends.com
- How Can Marketers Improve Landing Page Optimization?, www.emarketer.com
- Stock Image or Real Image: A/B Testing Provides an Incredible 161% Increase in Conversions, vwo.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 20 Ways to Never Write Boring Content Again, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 26 inspirational web design resources to boost your creativity, econsultancy.com
- Converting Subpar Writers into Content Champions, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- How To Become A UX Leader, www.smashingmagazine.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- How Nickelodeon Used Contextual Marketing to Boost Click-Throughs by 75%, blog.movableink.com
- How I Reach Out to a Domain Owner, www.domaininvesting.com
- Will New gTLDs be to the Internet what Cable was to Television ?, www.thedomains.com
- 10 Things You Should Do When Starting an Online Store, www.blogherald.com
- Advantages of Using eCommerce Software in Your Retail Business, smallbiztrends.com
- Amazon Swings to Loss Despite Jump in Sales, www.wsj.com
- Battle of the beacons: How three leading in-store platforms compare, digiday.com
- eBay’s U.S. marketplace sales rise 2% in Q1, www.internetretailer.com
- Are Retailers’ Same-Day Second Emails Effective?, www.emarketer.com
- CAN-SPAM and Other Global Email Laws and Regulations, www.silverpop.com
- Drive Revenue by 33% with This Oft-Forgotten Email, blog.crazyegg.com
- Optimizing Email Marketing to Save Your Bottom Line, www.searchenginejournal.com
General Internet Marketing
- Brands: We still don’t know if our digital efforts are paying off, digiday.com
- Why You Should Invest in Influence Marketing, www.martechadvisor.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- comScore Ranks the Top 50 U.S. Digital Media Properties for March 2015, comScore
- Magento Expands Mobile App, Merchandising, and Business Insight Capabilities for Retailers, Business Wire
- AerServ Launches Rewarded Video Solution, www.marketwired.com
- AppsFlyer Launches TV Attribution Tool to Optimize the Effectiveness of TV Advertising for Mobile Apps, www.prweb.com
- Engagor Launches Advanced Real-Time Performance Analytics, Market Wired
- Go Bananas with the MailChimp Connector, blog.cartodb.com
- NetSuite will acquire email service provider Bronto Software, www.internetretailer.com
- Strata and Yume Partner to Deliver Automated Digital Video Opportunities, www.gotostrata.com
- Swirl Closes $18 Million Investment from Hearst, SoftBank, Twitter Ventures and Other Strategic Investors, www.swirl.com
- 3 Trends Marketers Need to Know About Location-based Advertising, streetfightmag.com
- 5 of the Weirdest Apple Watch Apps Out Already, www.adweek.com
- Easy Mobile Ad Copy Trick to Boost CTR, 3qdigital.com
- How mobile is transforming the grocery/CPG business, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Is Booking.com the most persuasive mobile website in the world?, econsultancy.com
- WhatsApp Adds Voice Calling to iOS App, www.adweek.com
- 33% of Small Business Owners Advertise on Facebook, blog.surepayroll.com
- 5 Essential Tips to Consider before Boosting a Facebook Post, www.komarketingassociates.com
- 50% of Instagram Comments Come Within 10 Hours of Posting, simplymeasured.com
- 7 Secrets For Crazy Clickable Social Media Buttons, www.wordstream.com
- Are Your Execs Hindering Your Social Media Success?, www.cmswire.com
- Convert Twitter Superfans Into Content, blog.raventools.com
- Facebook Custom Audiences: Targeting Those Who Know You Best, www.ppchero.com
- Facebook Is Retiring Its Like Box Plugin on June 23, thenextweb.com
- Facebook organic impressions are going the way of the buggy whip, www.internetretailer.com
- Facebook triggers deals, redemptions for local merchants, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- How Grammarly Built a Social Media Empire of 7 Million Grammar Geeks, contently.com
- How to Live-Tweet an Event to Help Your Business, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Increase Your Pinterest Popularity, blog.tailwindapp.com
- LinkedIn Marketing Tip: This Lead Generation Strategy Works, www.jeffbullas.com
- Mark Zuckerberg explains his distinct visions for WhatsApp and Messenger, qz.com
- Should You Open the Twitter DM Door?, www.cmswire.com
- The Psychology of Facebook: Why We Like, Share, Comment, blog.bufferapp.com
- Twitter DM changes: what this means for brands, econsultancy.com
- Twitter’s buy button entices event marketers via geo-location, instant purchases, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- What Do Facebook’s News Feed Updates Mean for You?, www.verticalresponse.com
- What Facebook’s Algorithm Change Means For Brands, Publishers, and the Future of Media, contently.com
- comScore Releases March 2015 U.S. Desktop Online Video Rankings, comScore
- Facebook Enlists Vice, Vox Media to Make Videos for Brands, adage.com
- Facebook Lines Up 7 Branded-Content Video Partners Including Vice, Disney, variety.com
- Here’s What A Successful Video Content Marketing Campaign Looks Like, www.adknowledge.com
- Now’s Your Chance to be a Video Star, www.cmswire.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.