Marketing Day: Google fights offensive content, the most-watched video creators & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google launches new effort to flag upsetting or offensive content in search
Mar 15, 2017 by Danny Sullivan
Using data from human “quality raters,” Google hopes to teach its algorithms how to better spot offensive and often factually incorrect information.
- UNILAD & The LAD Bible are the most-watched video makers for 8 straight months
Mar 15, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
According to Tubular Labs’ top 10 video creator list, Unilad and The LAD Bible show no signs of slowing down since taking the lead in July 2016.
- Ad-blocking concerns shift to the video ad industry
Mar 15, 2017 by Alex Bornyakov
Ad blocking has long been a concern for advertisers, but video ads are getting hit especially hard. Columnist Alex Bornyakov explores why this is and offers some solutions to this growing problem.
- 10 AdWords ad copy testing ideas you can use right now
Mar 15, 2017 by Jason Puckett
Wondering where to begin with ad copy testing? Columnist Jason Puckett shares some ideas to get you started.
- Selling the value of link building to management
Mar 15, 2017 by Andrew Dennis
You know that link building is necessary to achieve the results you want, but how do you sell the C-suite and secure budget? Columnist Andrew Dennis shares his advice.
- 7 questions your customers ask, and how your website must answer
Mar 15, 2017 by Stoney deGeyter
All customers have questions about your company and its offerings — whether they know it or not. Columnist Stoney deGeyter shows how you can answer those questions to build trust and boost conversions.
- Salesforce explains why, when it has Einstein, it needs Watson’s intelligence
Mar 15, 2017 by Barry Levine
It turns out that Einstein knows customer data, but Watson knows the world.
- Wayin opens a store where marketers can reuse their most successful campaigns
Mar 15, 2017 by Barry Levine
It allows a brand to repurpose previous campaigns built on the Wayin platform or to assemble new ones from interactive templates.
- 4 things developers really wish every marketer understood
Mar 15, 2017 by Josh Aberant
Contributor Josh Aberant shares the good, the bad and the ugly of developers’ marketing experiences.
- 3 ways your business can leverage third-party location data
Mar 15, 2017 by Aaron Strout
Columnist Aaron Strout dives into NFL fan data and comes away with three ways marketers can think about geotagged data to help them better connect with their customers.
- Is your organization ready to take the plunge into in-house video production?
Mar 14, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
The effectiveness of video is undeniable. Surveys taken over the last few years show that executives would rather watch video than read text; buyers are more likely to purchase a product after watching a video about it; and email recipients are more likely to click on a link when video is included.
- New location extension ad format now live on Google Display Network
Mar 14, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Some ads may be converted automatically to the new location-specific display ad format.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Content Marketing Measurement: 29 Essential Metrics, MarTech Advisor
- Realising the potential of mobile analytics, Econsultancy
- Two innovative ways brands will use web analytics in 2017, Econsultancy
- Google expands its African initiatives, TechCrunch
- Now We Know Why Microsoft Bought LinkedIn, Back Channel
- Russian Hackers and Government Officers Indicted in Connection With Yahoo Security Incidents, Marissa’s Tumblr
- Aha! Something Is Missing From Your Content Distribution Plan, CMS Wire
- Content Marketing Management, Teams, and Staffing: Trends & Skill Sets, MarketingProfs
- How To Create Great Quality Content, Koozai
- How to Use The Power of Storytelling to Connect With Your Audience, Jeff Bullas
- What CMOs Need to Know About Data Informed Content Marketing, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- 5 Content Optimization Mistakes You’ll Wish You Fixed Sooner, Copyblogger
- 5 Conversion Rate Optimization Challenges For Enterprises To Solve, VWO Blog
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Blockchain is trending in domain names, Domain Name Wire
- China e-commerce confusion catches Australian retailers on the hop, Reuters
- Ecommerce Communications: A Crash Course in Email, Social & Support, Shopify Plus
- Nine questions to ask your new ecommerce platform supplier when migrating, Econsultancy
- What Is Amazon Enhanced Brand Content? (Find Out Now), Ignite Visibility
- 3 Email Marketing Platforms With Great Conversion Rates, Social Media Explorer
- 5 Email Reactivation Campaigns That Win Subscribers Back, Marketo
- 5 Emails Every Marketer Should Send, Movable Ink Blog
- Campaign Monitor acquires Tagga to boost email marketing with customer data, TechCrunch
- How to Measure Email Marketing Beyond Opens and Clicks, Constant Contact
General Internet Marketing
- 5 Great Tips on Successful Small Business Branding, Small Biz Trends
- Building Personas Into Your Marketing Strategy, Overit Blog
- Unlocking the Potential of B2B Brand Marketing Initiatives, KoMarketing
- Use These 3 Questions To Build A Better Brand, Pushing Social
- What Brands Can Do to Win the Trust of Women, eMarketer
Internet Marketing Industry
- Clicktale Experience Cloud, new platform for experience innovation, Clicktale
- Demandbase Expands Leadership Team with Two Industry Veterans :: Account-Based Marketing, Demandbase
- SteelHouse Releases Retargeting With Unprecedented Transparency, Putting the Power of Creative and Performance Directly in the Hands of Brands, Business Wire
- 4 MarTech Trends B2B CMOs Can’t Ignore, MarTech Advisor
- Ad Tech Veterans Bring Wall Street Trading to Ad Inventory, Wall Street Journal
- AI Will Power The Omnichannel Revolution, AdExchanger
- Blockchains as a new kind of quantifiable brand equity?, Chief Marketing Technologist
- How branded utility is the new marketing when it comes to voicebots, VentureBeat
- Marketing’s Artificial Intelligence Revolution Is Here, Contently
- Why Marketers Increasingly Have to Adjust at Warp Speed to Cultural and Technological Change, Adweek
- Why You Should Introduce Machine Learning Into Your Marketing Now, CMS Wire
- Google Gives Parents Greater Powers, Wall Street Journal
- Facebook and Twitter Could Face Fines in Germany Over Hate Speech Posts, New York Times
- 7 Ways to Achieve Social Media Success the Deepak Chopra Way, Search Engine Journal
- 7 Ways to Supercharge Your Audience Through Facebook Comments, NewsWhip
- Facebook Stories: Everything You Need to Know, The Buffer Blog
- Facebook’s new “Town Hall” feature helps you find and contact your government reps, TechCrunch
- How Snapchat’s pitching original shows to advertisers, Digiday
- How to Create a Powerful Instagram Feature Account, Tailwind Blog
- Twitter accounts hijacked with ‘Nazi’ hashtags in Turkish-Dutch Protest, Reuters
- Twitter adds lacrosse to its live-streamed sports lineup, TechCrunch
- Google Says A YouTube Video Claiming Jews Admit “White Genocide” Isn’t Hate Speech, Buzzfeed
- 13 Steps to Live-Stream Video the Smart Way, Content Marketing Institute
- 3 Ways to Create a Video Studio on Any Budget, Social Media Examiner
- Facebook Mid-Roll Ads Might Need A Re-Roll, PPC Hero
- Here’s How to Broadcast Live Video on Instagram, Adweek
- The Live Blog: March 14, 2017, Facebook Media
- What Is Twitch? A Quick Brand Guide For Marketers , MediaKix