Marketing Day: FTC’s Native Ad Guidelines, Manual Link Building & Facebook’s Top 360 Videos
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- FTC Issues Guidelines To Prevent Native Ads From Crossing Into “Deception” Territory
Dec 23, 2015 by Greg Sterling
As so-called “native ads” have become increasingly popular critics have argued they’re effective because consumers can’t tell them apart from actual “content.” Proponents say, by contrast, that they provide a better user experience and don’t disrupt enjoyment of content.
- Modern Marketing Essentials Guide To Mobile Marketing
Dec 23, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
Practically the entire world has a mobile phone, and a whole bunch of them are smartphones. Obviously, that is not breaking news. We all know that every single day, more and more people turn to their smartphones or tablets to do nearly everything they can do on a computer.
- Scaling Manual Link Building
Dec 23, 2015 by Andrew Dennis
Many SEOs agree that building quality links requires manual effort, but how can you scale that which cannot be automated? Columnist Andrew Dennis shares his thoughts.
- The Six Quality Score & Ad Rank Questions Everyone Has For Google
Dec 23, 2015 by Matt Lawson
People have lots of questions about ads quality, Quality Score and Ad Rank in AdWords. Columnist and Googler Matt Lawson tackles what you want to know.
- Reader Buy-In: Marketing Land’s Top 10 Retail Columns Of 2015
Dec 23, 2015 by Pamela Parker
What was hot among online retail marketers visiting Marketing Land in 2015? Check out these great articles on mobile, analytics and more!
- Content Culture: Our Top Content Marketing Columns For 2015
Dec 23, 2015 by Desiree Everts DeNunzio
From simple content strategy “hacks” to diving into Google Analytics, here are the topics that resonated with content marketers this past year.
- Trusted Media Brands’ Chief Digital Officer Is Focused On Improving User Experience
Dec 23, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Get to Know: Vincent Errico, the newly appointed Chief Digital Officer for Trusted Media Brands, Inc.
- Hey, Santa, Check Out Our Marketing “Naughty & Nice” List For 2015
Dec 23, 2015 by Barry Levine
Wherein we help the old guy figure out who deserves a candy cane or a lump of coal in the worlds of marketing, advertising and search.
- Getting Attribution-Ready For The New Year
Dec 23, 2015 by Eric Dezendorf
Start your marketing program off on the right foot in 2016. Columnist Eric Dezendorf has some key tips on how to get attribution-ready for the coming year.
- Facebook’s Most Popular 360 Videos For 2015: GoPro, BuzzFeed & Zuckerberg Make The List
Dec 22, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Since launching in September, a number of publishers have taken advantage of Facebook’s immersive video experience.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Search Engine Land’s Top 10 News Stories Of 2015: Google’s Quality Update, Mobilegeddon, RankBrain & More
- Can You Guess What Was The Most Shared AdWords Content In 2015?
- Expand Your Search Presence With External Sites
- Report: Top Domains In Google With Winners & Losers For 2015
- ‘Tis The Season! For Holiday Google Doodles Of Papercraft Models & Cutouts
- Bait & Switch Hacking Is Gaining Top Rankings In Google
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Hacks to Improve Your Blog and Get More Traffic, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How to clean up old blog posts, yoast.com
- How to Create a Successful Editorial Calendar, www.problogger.net
- Content Marketing Outsourcing: The Agency Vs Freelancer Question, www.jeffbullas.com
- Content Marketing Tips for Small Businesses Using WordPress, www.wpexplorer.com
- Build Your Story to Engage Prospects, www.practicalecommerce.com
- The Best Content Marketing of 2015, contently.com
- The Platformization Of Content, adexchanger.com
- TopRank Marketing’s 2016 Content Marketing Predictions, www.toprankblog.com
- Winning the Lottery Is Easier Than Finding Your Content, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 6 Ways to Use Clarity to Improve Your Conversion Rate, conversionxl.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 10 Ways to Build Authority as an Online Writer, www.copyblogger.com
- Finding Inspiration to Write Unbeatable Copy for Landing Pages, unbounce.com
- Amazon Seeks to Ease Ties With UPS, www.wsj.com
- Are international growth, shipping, & mergers the big ecommerce topics for 2016?, econsultancy.com
- E-commerce growth outpacing brick-and-mortar, www.retaildive.com
- It is the Season for Omnichannel Retail: 2015 Holiday Shopping Trends, www.martechadvisor.com
- Retailers increase fulfillment center staffing to keep up with holiday web sales, www.internetretailer.com
- Reviews, Quality Content Will Reach Tomorrow’s Most Powerful Shoppers, multichannelmerchant.com
- Why data mining is the future of online retailing, econsultancy.com
- 50 Creative Tips for Gathering Customer Emails, www.verticalresponse.com
- 7 Magnificent Email Marketing Best Practices for End-of-Year Reflection, www.silverpop.com
- Email Design Best Practices: How to Design the Perfect Email in 2016, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Retailers’ email volumes rise in Q3 and so do open rates, www.internetretailer.com
General Internet Marketing
- 5 B2B Brands That Get People to Pay Attention Over the Holidays, simplymeasured.com
- 5 Digital Marketing Trends and Predictions for 2016, multichannelmerchant.com
- 7 Ways to Humanize Your Brand, www.wordstream.com
- A CMO’s Guide for Marketing Transformation, adage.com
- Connecting Front & Back-End Marketing – What is In It For You?, www.martechadvisor.com
- The Anatomy of the Perfect Infographic, blog.crazyegg.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Appnext Partners With Hisense To Deliver Fully Customized Mobile App Experience, www.prnewswire.com
- The Fortune 500 martech solutions the Fortune 30 Million can’t afford to miss, venturebeat.com
- Top 5 Exits in Local Tech of 2015, streetfightmag.com
- Holiday Report: Mobile Opens Up, Conversions Down, blog.movableink.com
- Italy Leads the EU-5 in Mobile Internet Access, www.emarketer.com
- Why 2015 was the year for m-commerce, www.retaildive.com
- Facebook Business Manager Details Marketers Should Know, ignitevisibility.com
- 3 steps for effective Facebook and Instagram holiday advertising, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- 5 Components of a Good Social Crisis Plan, simplymeasured.com
- A Quick History of How Marketers Have Adapted on Facebook, contently.com
- A social marketing wishlist for the holidays, 3qdigital.com
- Don’t Sleep on These 4 Facebook Ads Manager Tools, www.takeflyte.com
- Getting Twitter Ads Access As An Agency, www.clixmarketing.com
- How to Extend the Life of Your Social Media Content, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Larger Canvas with Rich Media Sponsored Updates, blog.adstage.io
- Pinterest is offering a high-end data service to brands spending millions, digiday.com
- Social Advocacy Programs Drive Visibility for Businesses, www.emarketer.com
- Stop Reading About Social Media Trends And Start Listening, techcrunch.com
- Twitter Partners With Chat App Lookup To Let Users In India Shop In 140 Characters, techcrunch.com
- Twitter wants to patent a drone controlled by tweets, www.theverge.com
- Using Facebook Ads to Make Local Markets Adore You, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- Why Facebook Advertising Is Great for Every Industry, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- 5 things we learned about YouTube in 2015, digiday.com
- Amazon uses cute animal videos to woo shoppers, www.internetretailer.com
- T-Mobile “Binge On” Video Streaming Program Accused Of Throttling Traffic To YouTube, www.fastcompany.com
- Why Facebook Moved Web Video to HTML5 From Flash, www.adweek.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.