Marketing Day: Facebook’s 360-Degree Videos, Google Analytics Turns 10 & Buffer Adds Social Calendar
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- First Look: See Facebook’s 360-Degree Video Ads for AT&T, Samsung & Others
Nov 12, 2015 by Martin Beck
Facebook tests 360-degree video ads with selected brands and gives people the ability to see the format on iPhones and iPads.
- As Google Analytics Turns 10, We Ask: How Many Websites Use It?
Nov 12, 2015 by Matt McGee
Google hasn’t offered an update in years, but estimates suggest as many as 30-50 million websites use Google Analytics.
- Spredfast Launches First Shoutlet-Based Feature, A Contest- and Poll-Maker
Nov 12, 2015 by Barry Levine
“Promotions” is the first of several new capabilities the social management platform will be rolling out, following its recent purchase of competitor Shoutlet.
- Virgin America Lets Prospects “Test Drive” Their Airplane Seat Via Google Street View And Campaign
Nov 12, 2015 by Pamela Parker
In a campaign handled by agency Eleven Inc., the airline seeks to differentiate itself from other carriers by highlighting its stylish and modern aircraft interiors.
- WSJ: Facebook Considers Changes To Instant Article Ads After Publisher Concerns
Nov 12, 2015 by Martin Beck
Because publishers aren’t earning as much for Instant Article ads as they can on their own properties, Facebook is experimenting with relaxing policies that throttle the number of ads and prohibit rich media.
- Report: Bad Phone Experience Will Send 74 Percent Of Consumers To A Competitor
Nov 12, 2015 by Greg Sterling
In the era of online reviews and social media, you’d think that customer service and customer loyalty would be a central focus of most brands and marketers. But they’re typically not, though one often hears lip service paid to these values.
- Entrepreneurs: Use Conversion Optimization Tools To See If A New Product Will Fly
Nov 12, 2015 by Brian Massey
How do you find the right value proposition to truly test a product? Columnist Brian Massey walks you through the tools that will help you determine if people will act on your messaging.
- Reinvigorate Your Campaigns With Advanced Tactics. SocialPro Starts Wednesday!
Nov 12, 2015 by Marketing Land
Join us next week at Marketing Land’s SocialPro conference and discover advanced tactics and strategies that yield returns on your social media marketing efforts. SocialPro kicks off next Wednesday, secure your seat today!
- 3 Interesting Takeaways From Q3 2015 E-Commerce
Nov 12, 2015 by Jordan Elkind
As we head into the holiday shopping season and Q4, columnist Jordan Elkind discusses some key trends in e-commerce and how you can your update your marketing plan accordingly.
- 12 Psychological Methods People Use When Making Decisions
Nov 12, 2015 by Jordan Kasteler
How do you sell more? By understanding the behavioral triggers that affect a purchase. Columnist Jordan Kasteler walks us through some common psychological principles that impact a consumer’s buying decision.
- Buffer Adds Social Calendar To Its Management Dashboard
Nov 12, 2015 by Martin Beck
Company now offers paid customers the ability manage their accounts within a weekly calendar view.
- Heavy-Hitter Political Ad Psychographic Targeting Round 1: Facebook
Nov 12, 2015 by Sponsored Content: aimClear
LLLLLLLLLLET’S GET READY TO RUMBLLLLLLLLLLE. Ladies and gentlemen, WELCOME to the MAIN Event — political social advertising season. From Madison Square Garden to the MGM, political advertising agencies are training for The Big Fight… for engagements and the ultimate WIN.
- Robocallers Are Not Going To Like DialogTech’s New SpamSentry, But Marketers Might
Nov 12, 2015 by Barry Levine
The new technology for the phone attribution/conversion platform claims to block more than 99% of robocalls that pollute attribution stats.
- Learning From Link-Building Content Failure
Nov 11, 2015 by Julie Joyce
Sometimes our failures teach us more than our successes. Columnist Julie Joyce discusses how best to use content failure to your advantage.
- Get To Know Your Users With Audience Insights From AdWords
Nov 11, 2015 by Laura Collins
What do you really know about your audience? Columnist Laura Collins shows how the Audience Insights report feature can help you better target your users — and perhaps even discover new ones.
- Android 6 “Marshmallow” & SEO Series: Sponsored Google Now Cards
Nov 11, 2015 by Cindy Krum
How might Android Marshmallow’s new features impact the future of mobile search? In part two of a three-part series on the topic, contributor Cindy Krum discusses Google Now Price Alerts cards and Visually Similar Products.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Bing Launches Their Mobile-Friendly Testing Tool
- Bing Ads Editor For Mac Is On The Way, Really
- Will Marketing Addressability Leave SEO In The Dust?
- Yahoo Launches Product Ads On Search And Display
- Google’s Efforts To Monetize Mobile Pay Off, But Sites See A Hit To Organic Visits
- Guide: Content Marketing Software
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Affiliate Marketing – One of Top Customer Acquisition Methods, www.amnavigator.com
Blogs & Blogging
- A Field Guide to Major Features in WordPress 4.4, wptavern.com
- The site structure of a growing blog, yoast.com
- Google Exec, Hollywood Producer Spar Over Piracy, variety.com
- 4 Tips for Delivering More Personalized Marketing Content, www.silverpop.com
- 5 Overlooked Content Marketing Assets, www.komarketingassociates.com
- Content as Your Inbound Marketing Cornerstone, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How to get the most out of user-generated content, econsultancy.com
- Stop Wasting Money on Content Marketing, www.cmswire.com
- The Basics of Digital Governance: What Content Marketers Need to Know, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Learn CRO Visually: 13 Infographics on Conversion Optimization, blog.crazyegg.com
- What’s The One Thing That Creates High User Engagement?, conversionxl.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 4 Delightful Editing Tips to Make Your Words Dazzle and Dance, www.copyblogger.com
- How to Rank Better with User Experience Marketing, www.searchenginejournal.com
- No UI Is The New UI, techcrunch.com
- Operationalizing DX: It’s All About People and Strategy, www.cmswire.com
- User Experience Marketing Manifesto, www.martinibuster.com
- Using System UI Fonts In Web Design: A Quick Practical Guide, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Interesting data on celebrities and domain names, domainnamewire.com
- 10 Crafty Strategies for Etsy Marketing & Other Craftmakers, www.wordstream.com
- Have We All Had Enough With Black Friday?, www.cmswire.com
- Mastering Omnichannel B2B Customer Engagement, multichannelmerchant.com
- The front lines on online fraud in the U.S., www.internetretailer.com
- Creating an Effective Marketing Email, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Gmail Will Soon Warn Users When Emails Arrive Over Unencrypted Connections, techcrunch.com
- How to backup your business’ subscriber list, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Why Mobile-Optimized Emails Won’t Be Enough for Retailers This Holiday Season, multichannelmerchant.com
- Why Personalization Matters in Financial Services Email Marketing, blog.movableink.com
General Internet Marketing
- 36 Great Examples of Brand Guidelines, www.contentharmony.com
- 6 Influencer Marketing Strategies to Boost End-of-Year Sales, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Psychology in Marketing: What Influences Our Decisions, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Why Global Marketers Need to Pay Attention to Brazil, www.tune.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- New Vidyard Live is First Video Streaming Solution Fully Integrated with Salesforce and Marketing Automation, www.vidyard.com
- Notablist Pro Launched, notablist.tumblr.com
- Spredfast Launches Promotions, www.businesswire.com
- Videology and White Ops Report Shows That Blocking Bots on Video Ads Can Increase Brand Engagement by 22%, www.prnewswire.com
- How a “Good Enough” Marketing Automation Solution Can Hurt You, blog.marketo.com
- 57% of Users Say They’ll Use Apps More Often in the Future, www.adweek.com
- A Guide to User Onboarding Techniques for Mobile Apps, www.usertesting.com
- Cellular support comes to Android Wear, officialandroid.blogspot.com
- Dissecting the Mobile Social Network, simplymeasured.com
- Mozilla’s Firefox Browser App For iOS Is Finally Available To All, TechCrunch
- Retailer Apps May Be for Serious Brand Fans, www.emarketer.com
- 4 Tools to Build a Social Media Content Calendar, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 5 Facebook Tips for Small Business Saturday 2015, www.adweek.com
- 5 social media marketing lessons from a parody account, www.marketingdive.com
- 5 Ways Brands Are Building Their Snapchat Audiences, www.adweek.com
- 6 of The Top B2C Brands That Are Rocking Instagram, www.toprankblog.com
- Audience Network: An Effective Way to Extend the Reach of Your Facebook Ads, www.facebook.com
- Brands Are Using Facebook Status Updates As The New Focus Group, adexchanger.com
- Facebook Messenger Tests Disappearing Messages In France, www.buzzfeed.com
- Facebook Mulls Ad Changes for Instant Articles After Publisher Pushback, Wall Street Journal
- Facebook says government data requests are at their highest level ever, www.theverge.com
- Facebook’s ‘Freebooting’ Piracy Problem Continues to Anger Video Creators, www.adweek.com
- How to Plan a Last Minute Social Media Holiday Campaign, simplymeasured.com
- Instant Articles See Higher Engagement Levels, blog.newswhip.com
- Is Your Small Business as Social Media Savvy as You Think?, smallbiztrends.com
- Tweeting on the Orient Express – Agatha Christie goes social, www.reuters.com
- Twitter Doing More With GIFs, Introduces Feature Called “ScratchReel”, techcrunch.com
- Your First Tweet Chat: What You Need to Know to Be Successful, blogs.constantcontact.com
- 5 YouTube Description Box Hacks for Better Rankings, www.reelseo.com
- A YouTube built just for music, youtube-global.blogspot.com
- T-Mobile’s Problem With YouTube: What’s a Video and What’s Not, blogs.wsj.com
- Why video on Twitter is a key marketing vehicle for Porsche, www.Twitter.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech