Marketing Day: Facebook Instant Articles Come To iPhones, An E-Commerce Report & More
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the Web.
From Marketing Land:
- Prove Your Social Marketing Chops and Win a Trip to SocialPro in Las Vegas
Oct 20, 2015 by Marketing Land
See how you stack up against your peers and win an all-expense-paid trip to Marketing Land’s SocialPro 2015 and your choice of an Apple iPad Mini, an Xbox One or a Sony PlayStation 4.
- Facebook Rolls Out Instant Articles To All iPhone Users, Says Android Support Is Coming Soon
Oct 20, 2015 by Martin Beck
Facebook’s effort to speed the mobile news reading experience is picking up steam. Thousands of Instant Articles are being published daily by 14 outlets, with a big list of new partners coming on board in the coming weeks.
- Target Debuts Spooky Interactive 360-Degree Video Ads To Showcase Its Halloween Merchandise
Oct 20, 2015 by Pamela Parker
The Minnesota-based retailer displays — and links to — its Halloween decor in immersive interactive videos set in a haunted house.
- Recognizing And Coping With Exponential Change In Marketing
Oct 20, 2015 by David Rodnitzky
So long, Facebook and Google? Not any time soon. But columnist David Rodnitzky believes marketers need to recognize how rapidly change happens in our industry and find a balance between what works today and what may come tomorrow.
- Four Reasons The Mobile Web Will Force Us To Become Better Content Marketers
Oct 20, 2015 by Patrick Armitage
The digital landscape is changing — and so must our content marketing strategy. Columnist Patrick Armitage discusses how content marketers can adapt to the mobile revolution.
- Much Ado About Data Onboarding: A Key to Real-Time, People-Based Marketing
Oct 20, 2015 by Mike Sands
To get closer to real-time, people-based marketing, marketers need to embrace onboarding, says columnist Mike Sands. He delves into what it is and the key questions you should ask onboarding vendors.
- 5 CMOs Reveal How They Are Using Facebook To Elevate Their Brands
Oct 20, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
“It’s the front page, water cooler and scrapbook,” says one CMO. Here’s how he and four other CMOs are taking advantage of it.
- AdStage Labs Launches With Cross-Network Scripts And IFTTT Solutions
Oct 20, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
The new division, tasked with building innovative advertising solutions, launches with six new features for AdStage users.
- Consumers Buy From Amazon But Want To Buy Directly From Brands
Oct 20, 2015 by Greg Sterling
According to a recent Nielsen “Global Trust in Advertising” report, “branded websites are the second-most-trusted advertising format, behind recommendations from friends and family.” That represents a huge marketing and e-commerce opportunity that isn’t being fully realized.
- Location Paradox: Mobile Users Recognize Its Value, But Many Won’t Share It
Oct 20, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Call it the “location paradox.” Smartphone owners typically recognize that location improves mobile app experiences, but substantial numbers have concerns that keep them from authorizing location or turning on location services.
- Consumer Content: The Breakdown Of Media Silos And Converged Marketing
Oct 20, 2015 by Jim Yu
As consumers engage with content across multiple platforms, brands need to realize the importance of converged media. Columnist Jim Yu discusses some ways you can meet this challenge within your own marketing teams.
- Union Metrics Intros Real-Time Tool To Analyze All Of Twitterdom
Oct 20, 2015 by Barry Levine
The social analytics firm adds Tweet history access to its Social Suite.
- GIFs Are Now Working For All Facebook Pages
Oct 19, 2015 by Martin Beck
The social network confirms global roll-out of animated GIF support for Facebook Pages.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Research Reveals What It Takes To Rank In Mobile Search Results
- Maximizing Links From Seasonal Inbound Campaigns
- Google Now Offers A Beta Version Of The Google Search App
- Google Brings RLSA To AdWords Shopping Ads With Shopping Remarketing Lists
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Ways I Use Google Analytics to Improve My Blog’s Content, mackcollier.com
- Could Some WordPress Plugins Actually be Harming Your Blog?, www.blogtyrant.com
- In India, Blogs Boost Brands, www.emarketer.com
- Why We Blog Every Day, www.ppchero.com
- Microsoft CEO Nadella’s Pay Falls on Stock Compensation, Wall Street Journal
- Google just made its first-ever direct investment in a Chinese startup, qz.com
- Max Schrems Facebook privacy complaint to be investigated in Ireland, www.theguardian.com
- The collapse of the US-EU Safe Harbor: Solving the new privacy Rubik’s Cube, blogs.microsoft.com
- The Times Partners With Google on Virtual Reality Project, New York Times
- Twitter hires New York Times editor at large for its Moments channel, venturebeat.com
- 6 KPIs to Use to Measure Content Marketing, www.copypress.com
- Content Marketing Advantage: 12 Tips to Dominate with Events, www.toprankblog.com
- How ASUS’s Marketing Team Got Everyone to Believe in Content, contently.com
- How Influencer Outreach Can Revive Your Content Marketing Strategy, blog.kissmetrics.com
- How to Develop a Buyer-Centric Content Marketing Strategy, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How to Make Your Content Stand Out, contently.com
- How to Use Facebook to Promote Your Quizzes, www.jeffbullas.com
- The Two Rules that Matter Most for Branded Content, adage.com
- How To Improve Conversions On Your Pricing Page And Make The Sale, blog.crazyegg.com
- When “Free” Converts (and When It Doesn’t), conversionxl.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 30 Tips for Building Your First Business Website, smallbiztrends.com
- Align Your Company Around Digital Experience, www.cmswire.com
- How to Safely Redesign Your Website Without Destroying Your Business, blog.kissmetrics.com
- How UI Design Plays A Leading Role In “The Martian”, www.fastcodesign.com
- Should brands get a new gTLD round to themselves? Twitter thinks so, domainincite.com
- 44 Percent of Shoppers Go to Amazon First, Are You There?, smallbiztrends.com
- 8 Steps to Launching a Holiday Marketing Campaign, blog.marketo.com
- Amazon says creating more than 100,000 jobs for holiday season, www.reuters.com
- Jet vs. Amazon: A Quick Comparison, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Riding the e-Commerce Wave, www.retaildive.com
- Shopping and Mobile Go Hand in Hand in the UK, www.emarketer.com
- 8 quick fixes to boost your email marketing ROI, myemma.com
- Email Marketing: 3 Examples, Good and Bad, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Small Businesses Rate Email as Most Effective Marketing Tools, streetfightmag.com
General Internet Marketing
- Ten Branding Lessons from Apple, www.verticalresponse.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Support.com Introduces Embeddable Nexus® Self-Support, www.support.com
- Conversocial Raises $11 Million to Fuel Continued Growth and Innovation, www.businesswire.com
- Dailymotion Enters Strategic Video Advertising Partnership with MediaMath, www.prnewswire.com
- Index Exchange Partners With Adform to Expand Supply Into Europe and the UK, www.marketwired.com
- Lithium Reveals 2015 Social Power Ranking, www.lithium.com
- Symphony Advanced Media Appoints Chuck Shuttles as Senior Vice President of Panel Operations, www.marketwired.com
- Kimberly-Clark’s Marketing Technology Leader Leaves to Join a Startup, www.martechadvisor.com
- 11 things to know about Google Photos, Official Google Blog
- Seven steps to building a successful mobile data capture model, econsultancy.com
- Staying in the Know with a Glance: Introducing LinkedIn Pulse for Apple Watch, blog.linkedin.com
- Why Mobile Advertising Is Critical for B2B Marketers, www.komarketingassociates.com
- Small Steps For Improving Your Online Presence, www.searchinfluence.com
- 11 Unbelievably Specific Facebook Audiences You Can Target, www.wordstream.com
- 9 Instagram Tips and Tools for Marketers, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- A Beginner’s Guide to Snapchat for Business, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Ad Execs Give Facebook Highest Grades For Social Ad Effectiveness, www.emarketer.com
- Be More Productive in Social Than You Ever Thought Possible, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Facebook advertising: a three-step plan to own the holidays, 3qdigital.com
- Facebook Focuses on Emerging Markets for New Products, www.wsj.com
- How Brands Are Tailoring Their Ads for Snapchat Discover, adage.com
- How Coca-Cola Cracked Snapchat, www.fastcompany.com
- How Facebook is Slowly Strangling Twitter, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How LinkedIn uses events to sell more ads, digiday.com
- How Social Posts Go Viral, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How To Get Actionable Takeaways From Pinterest Analytics, www.searchenginepeople.com
- How to Use LinkedIn to Grow Your Business, www.jeffkorhan.com
- Pinterest targets $2.8 billion in revenue by 2018, www.retaildive.com
- The 21 Social Media Conversations You’re Going to Face: How to Master Them All, blog.bufferapp.com
- Top 5 Twitter Management Tips to Increase Your Followers Organically, www.jeffbullas.com
- Which Social Media Management Tools Have Earned the Best Ratings?, www.adweek.com
- 64% of Consumers Use YouTube to Review Electronics Before Purchase, www.reelseo.com
- BuzzFeed brings brand video to its UK outpost, digiday.com
- Giphy’s New Tool Makes It Dead Simple To Create GIFs From Video, techcrunch.com
- How to Keep Viewers from Skipping Your Video Ads, www.cmswire.com
- Report: YouTube Will Soon Have A Paywall, www.fastcompany.com