Marketing Day: Facebook Instant Articles, 1% Rule Of Content Marketing & Email Personalization
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Domino’s Pizza Uses Emoji Storm To Tease Twitter-Triggered Delivery
Soon people will be able to order pizza via Twitter; Domino’s teased the announcement with a flurry of pizza emojis.
- Beyond Personalization: Using Data-Driven Marketing to Create Individualized Customer Experiences – June 4 Webcast
Cutting through the media clutter to deliver a personalized customer experience.
- Ad Buyers & MarTech Experts Weigh In On the Verizon-AOL Deal
With AOL’s ad tech stack, content assets and strength in online video, Verizon is poised to present media buyers with a new dynamic in ad targeting and reach.
- Reaping The Email Personalization Payoff
Data prove personalized email succeeds, but many businesses aren’t applying it. Columnist Steve Dille explains why, and how to get your company on board.
- Copie Editor Wantd, Applie Within
If you have a burning desire (and the strong skills) to correct typos and grammatical errors, we may have the perfect opportunity for you.
- Millennial-Mobile “How-To” Searches Explode On YouTube
Google says that “how-to” searches on YouTube have grown 70 percent year-over-year, adding that “more than 100 million hours of how-to content have been watched in North America so far this year.”
- What Amazon’s Entry Into The Home Services Business Means For Local Marketing
Columnist Chris Marentis discusses Amazon’s new professional services marketplace, explaining how it works and what its implications are for local businesses.
- The 1% Rule Of Content Marketing
If your content marketing isn’t working, ask yourself why and then make small improvements to make a big impact over time, says columnist Quinn Whissen.
- Facebook Instant Articles: A Slippery Slope For Google To Do The Same, Hurting The Web?
Today, Facebook announced Instant Articles, a way for publishers to post stories directly on Facebook. We’ve known this would be coming, and there’s been some debate over whether it’s good or bad.
- Facebook Brings The New York Times, BuzzFeed And Others On Board With “Instant Articles”
Publishers will post content directly to the Facebook platform and keep 100% of revenue from ads they sell against the stories.
- Google Releases First Apple Watch App: Google News & Weather
Google’s first app comes out quietly; Google Search App support still hasn’t come to the Apple Watch.
- Report: Facebook Engagement Surges Year Over Year For Top Brands
Total engagement for Interbrand 100 company Pages is up 43% year over year, according to Simply Measured. User sharing of photos and videos is driving the trend.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Give Yourself A Grade In AdWords
- Right-To-Be-Forgotten One Year Later: 70 Percent Of Requests Refused
- Copie Editor Wantd, Applie Within
- YouTube “How To” Video Searches Up 70%, With Over 100 Million Hours Watched In 2015
- Inge Lehmann Google Logo Marks 127th Birthday Of Woman Who Discovered Earth’s Inner Core
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 7 Things Marketers Should Measure: Big Data Can Help, www.forbes.com
- IBM’s Deepak Advani on Turning Customer Data Into Brand Advocacy, www.forbes.com
- Marketing in the Digital Age: How data helps fight entropy, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- We Need Trust In Every Layer Of The Digital Ad Taxonomy, adexchanger.com
Blogs & Blogging
- How Help Scout Went from 0 to 250K Visitors a Month, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Major Changes to WordPress.org Guidelines Should Have a Request for Comments Time Period, wptavern.com
- AOL’s content sites face an uncertain fate, digiday.com
- Google blocks extensions not listed in the Chrome Web Store for all Windows users, will expand to Mac in July, VentureBeat
- 3 Tips for Delivering Buyer-Driven Content that Drives Engagement, www.silverpop.com
- 3 Ways to Make Your B2B Brand Break the Content Mold, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How healthy is your content strategy? A Q&A with Dr Mike Baxter, econsultancy.com
- How to Rock an Awesome Content Plan, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Research: Reach, Engagement and ROI of Content Marketing, www.inc.com
- The Art of Repurposing Content – 5 Creative Tips for Content Marketers, www.toprankblog.com
- The Six Key Players on Your Content Marketing Team, www.marketingprofs.com
- What Can You Do for Your Web CMS?, www.cmswire.com
- 5 Types of Social Proof Most Likely to Impact Conversion, blog.crazyegg.com
- Best A/B Testing Tools for WordPress to Optimize Conversion Rate, kinsta.com
- Let data be the fuel to boost conversion rates, econsultancy.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 6 Psychological Triggers That Make UX Design Persuasive, www.usertesting.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- 4 Tips To Better Diagnose Your Display Network Performance, www.ppchero.com
- 4 Things to Consider When Choosing Your Domain Name, www.problogger.net
- Coming This Summer: U.S. Will Run Out of Internet Addresses, www.wsj.com
- Nepal, Cuba and IoT are trending in domain names, domainnamewire.com
- Website Domain Names: The Questions You’re Afraid to Ask, www.wsj.com
- 3 More Tips for Better Ecommerce Video Results, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Alibaba unveils a mobile app that enables physical stores to market to shoppers, www.internetretailer.com
- How consumers behave on ecommerce apps, econsultancy.com
- Walmart, Tango and Alibaba bring conversational commerce to fruition, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- B2Bs Need to Step Up Email Automation, www.emarketer.com
- How to Use Email Marketing to Build Your Membership Organization, blogs.constantcontact.com
- News Flash! Good Subject Lines Drive Conversions, blog.returnpath.com
- The Most Mobile Industries for Email Marketing, blog.movableink.com
General Internet Marketing
- Five Clear Signs You Need to Outsource Your Digital Marketing, www.marketingprofs.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- DiscoverOrg Launches OppAlerts to Predict Customer Purchase Intent, discoverorg.com
- The Future of Marketing Technology, www.xconomy.com
- Digging Into The Cross-Device Implications Of The Verizon-AOL Deal, adexchanger.com
- Do These 4 Things to Drive App Install ROI, www.adknowledge.com
- Mobile Checkout: What Works and What Doesn’t?, www.usertesting.com
- The modern history of the mobile industry in one devastating chart, qz.com
- 17 Tools to Schedule, Analyze Social Media Content, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Facebook Hires Former FCC Chairman Kevin Martin, www.wsj.com
- Facebook Presses for More Pay for Janitors, Cooks, Wall Street Journal
- Facebook’s global dominance of messaging, in two maps, qz.com
- How a 130-Year-Old B-to-B Company Embraces Social and Mobile, adage.com
- How to Set a Winning Social Strategy, According to the Seahawks, simplymeasured.com
- Is Twitter the Key to Modern Customer Service, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Lamborghini: Racing Towards Social Media Success, www.socialbakers.com
- Pinterest Set to Surge in 2016: New Research, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Social Selling vs. Social Marketing, www.martechadvisor.com
- STUDY: Fortune 100 Social Compliance Issues, www.adweek.com
- The Art of Making Customers Happy on Social Media, blog.bufferapp.com
- Winning at Pinterest: 9 Ways to Increase Traffic Using Pinterest, authoritylabs.com
- Beyond Periscope and Meerkat: The State of Live-Streaming Video, www.adweek.com
- Digital Video Quality Issues Persist, www.emarketer.com
- How L’Oreal Is Getting 90% Video Ad View Rates, www.adweek.com
- Ten years of YouTube video tech in ten videos, youtube-eng.blogspot.com
- Video Is Consuming The Digital Ad Industry, adexchanger.com