Marketing Day: EU ad-blocking news, Videology updates & app display ads
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Publisher ad-blocking-detection could be illegal in EU without user consent
Apr 25, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Script-based ad-blocking detection, which accesses “personal data,” implicates consumer consent rules of the European e-Privacy Directive.
- Video ad platform Videology now utilizes Nielsen data for combined online/TV targeting
Apr 25, 2016 by Barry Levine
For instance, a retailer can now understand and apply the TV viewing habits of visitors to its website.
- How to tailor your app display ads to targeted segments
Apr 25, 2016 by Craig Weinberg
Are you tapping into the power of segmentation with your app ad creatives? Columnist Craig Weinberg takes a look at some brands that are doing it the right way so that you can learn from them.
- [VIDEO] Marketing Land Live #10: Who’ll buy Yahoo, 20 years of search & more
Apr 25, 2016 by Matt McGee
In the latest episode of Marketing Land Live, Ginny Marvin, Greg Sterling, Danny Sullivan and Matt McGee talk about the big marketing news from the past week.
- The Apple Watch is a flop — or is it?
Apr 25, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Estimates suggest that the Apple Watch may already be a $6-billion business.
- A new approach to measuring “engagement” on content-heavy sites
Apr 25, 2016 by Nick Iyengar
If no easily identified conversions occur on your site, measuring engagement can be tricky. Columnist Nick Iyengar explains why a new approach could help you improve the quality of measurements and better understand engagement on your site.
- Google, Microsoft agree not to fight proxy regulatory battles against one another
Apr 25, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Agreement reflects “cordial” relationship between two companies’ CEOs.
- MarTech Landscape: What is a data management platform (DMP)?
Apr 22, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
A simple breakdown of the role DMPs play in digital advertising.
- Startup SolidOpinion offers “Promoted Comments” for publishers
Apr 22, 2016 by Barry Levine
New York City-based company says its commenting platform provides a new source of revenue and makes comment moderation affordable.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Five reasons why GTIN should be your new favorite Google Shopping acronym
- The complicated local path to purchase: 7 marketing tasks to do yourself and 7 to outsource
- Google testing purple “Ad” label in Maps
- William Shakespeare Google Doodle celebrates iconic writer & England’s St. George Day
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- The Beginner’s Guide to Mobile App Analytics, conversionxl.com
- Tracking your Digital Transformation through Social Analytics, www.cmswire.com
- Using Data in Predictive Analytics Helps B2Bs Throughout the Funnel, www.emarketer.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 9 Tips For Finding Killer Blog Topics, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Bloggers becoming brand ambassadors, www.branded3.com
- Refreshing Your Blog for Maximum Impact, www.compukol.com
- The Best Free and Cheap Stock Photography Sites for Your Blog, www.takeflyte.com
- Google is building an in-house startup incubator, Business Insider
- Pinterest Reinvents Itself to Prove It’s Really Worth Billions, Wired
- 15-Point Checklist for Worthwhile Content, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 3 Brilliant Marketing Automation Hacks for Content Marketers, www.jeffbullas.com
- 4 Methods to Improve Content Marketing Strategies, www.martechadvisor.com
- 7 ways to humanise your brand through content marketing, econsultancy.com
- Creating a B2B Content Brand via Community-Driven Content, www.cmswire.com
- How Consumer-Generated Content Drives Brand Value, www.adweek.com
- How to Create a Buyer Persona Map, blog.kissmetrics.com
- How to Explain Content Marketing, www.compukol.com
- Seven Tips for Improving Your Content Marketing With Scannable Web Content, www.marketingprofs.com
- The Write Stuff: Is High-Quality Content More Effective?, www.marketingprofs.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Customer Experience is All About Speed, www.cmswire.com
- Facebook Refuses To Take Domain Back from Registrant, www.thedomains.com
- Survey says: new TLDs are no longer a big deal for brand enforcers, domainnamewire.com
- B2B Dinosaurs Are Reinventing Ecommerce, But Are You Paying Attention?, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- Europe strives to boost cross-border e-commerce, www.internetretailer.com
- 10 Email Marketing Terms You Need to Know to Improve Your Results, blogs.constantcontact.com
- A Simple Way to Turn Your Email Subscribers into True Fans, www.copyblogger.com
- How to Get 10X More Out of Email Marketing with PPC, www.searchenginejournal.com
General Internet Marketing
- Learn How to Create a More Effective Influencer Marketing Strategy, www.toprankblog.com
- Certain Brings Marketing Automation Into Events Management, www.cmswire.com
- 5 Ways to Make Your Content Mobile-Friendly, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How Facebook Helps Small Businesses Stay Relevant on Mobile, streetfightmag.com
- Quantifying effective mobile user experiences, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- U.S. mobile advertising grows 66% in 2015, www.internetretailer.com
- 12 B2B Social Media Tips You Can Begin Using Today, smallbiztrends.com
- At 34, a Facebook Elder Statesman, www.wsj.com
- For Counterfeit Fighters on Social Media, Fake Profiles Are a Real Ally, www.wsj.com
- How Facebook Connect changed the consumer internet, techcrunch.com
- How to Simplify the Publishing of Curated Content on Facebook With Free Tools, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How to Squeeze the Most out of Your Facebook Posts, www.problogger.net
- How to Use Pinterest to Connect With a Local Audience, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Introducing Moms on Pinterest, blog.pinterest.com
- Report multiple Tweets in a single report, www.Twitter.com
- What the New Snapchat API Means for Advertisers, blog.adstage.io
- Winners and losers of Facebook’s latest algorithm changes, digiday.com
- 10 Handy Tools to Create Mini Videos: Marketing Through Micro Moments, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- 21 Video Marketing Ideas for Small-Business Budgets, www.marketingprofs.com
- Facebook is finally letting people turn off live video notifications, digiday.com
- How Brands Are Using Live Streaming Video Successfully, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How Turkish Airlines is Winning Big at Video Marketing, www.reelseo.com
- HTML5 Media Source Extensions: Bringing Production Video To The Web, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Obama spends a little time in the “brave new world” of virtual reality, techcrunch.com
- The Complete Guide to Facebook Video Ads, www.wordstream.com