Marketing Day: Email In 2015, Ericsson Tries To Block iPhone In U.S. & Best Brand Tweets On #TheDress
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Lacoste Uses Instagram, Vine & Interactive Mobile App To Introduce New Tennis Racket, Fashion Line
The fashion brand shows off its new tennis-inspired line with a social media campaign and content marketing initiative.
- The Role of Data Analytics in Successful Retail Acquisition Campaigns
This past summer, the Gartner Group surveyed people some 215 people who are responsible for the digital-commerce strategies within their companies; 59 of the respondents represented retail companies.
- Life Beyond The Click: Email In 2015
Columnist Dela Quist contends that email’s potential to impact brand awareness and favorability is getting short shift — but says that will change in 2015.
- Ericsson Seeks To Block iPhone In U.S. In Latest Patent Dispute
Patent litigation is heating up again. Earlier this week, Apple was hit by a half-billion dollar jury verdict over iTunes. Now, Swedish wireless networks company Ericsson is trying to block the iPhone from being imported into the U.S.
- Google Buys TLD “.App” For $25 Million In Record-Breaking ICANN Auction
Google outbid companies like Amazon.com for exclusive rights to the top level domain.
- What Advanced Social Analytics Teach Us About The Long-Term Impact Of Super Bowl Advertising
How does Super Bowl advertising impact brand perception? Columnist Rick Miller shares insights from social data about Loctite, Nationwide Insurance and McDonald’s.
- What You Don’t Know About Location Targeting And Attribution Will Hurt You
Roughly 15 years since I started writing about digital marketing, I’m still amazed that large numbers of marketers still don’t fully understand the importance of location and location-based targeting.
- Twitter Triples The Size Of The Abuse Support Team & Adds Doxing Reports
The attack on Twitter abuse (especially on sensitive personal data) is being elevated in 2015 with extra staff, better reporting & tools.
- Best Brand Tweets On The Dress: White & Gold Or Blue & Black?
What color is THAT dress? Brands join in the conversation that’s obsessing Twitter.
- Is A Google+ Breakup Coming For Photos & Hangouts?
Google SVP Sundar Pichai signals that the company is thinking of the social stream, photos and communication as separate areas.
- Snickers Asks People To Share Who They Are When They’re Hungry With $50,000 Meme Generator Contest
The candy brand created a meme generator and is asking people to craft their alter egos — and prize money is at stake!
- Brands Ride The #Llama Drama
There was a live-televised llama chase in Arizona … you can guess want happened next.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Search In Pics: Android Caveman, Google Ski Trip & Rope Logo
- New Bing Ads Editor Version (10.7) Now Available
- What Can Businesses Do About The Knowledge Graph Dominating Search Results?
- How I Lost My Clients Their #1 Ranking And Their Profits Exploded Overnight!
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 5 Pointless Marketing Metrics You Can Stop Tracking Today, blog.hubspot.com
- IBM Forms Partnership With Juniper on Data-Networking Analysis, www.bloomberg.com
- The Top 10 Big Data Challenges, www.getelastic.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Google won’t ban adult content on Blogger after all, www.engadget.com
- Apple Opens Up ‘iWork for iCloud’ to Everyone, No Apple Device Required, www.macrumors.com
- 7 Dos and Don’ts for Writing Your Company’s Story, www.verticalresponse.com
- 7 Step Content Creation Strategy for Epic Content Marketing, www.jeffbullas.com
- How The New York Times Creates Different Content for Engagement Versus Clicks, www.adweek.com
- How to Interview and Hire the Right Content Marketing Manager for Your Company, www.thesaleslion.com
- How Customer Expectations Can Affect Your Conversion Rate, blog.kissmetrics.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Beauty By Design: The Intersection Of Data And Digital Art, techcrunch.com
- Design Principles: Dominance, Focal Points And Hierarchy, www.smashingmagazine.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Many “Dress” Domain Names Registered, www.domaininvesting.com
- The IANA transition in a nutshell, domainincite.com
- A viral photo of a dress could mean big online business for a UK retailer, www.internetretailer.com
- eBay Commerce Network SKU-Level Bidding Out of Beta, Increases Advertiser Control, www.rimmkaufman.com
- Five ways that retailers are joining up their marketing, econsultancy.com
- M-commerce grows 45% for QVC in 2014, Internet Retailer
- Making Emails Human with Data & Design, blog.movableink.com
General Internet Marketing
- How Cards Are Quietly Transforming The Web, techcrunch.com
- How to Make Your Brand Matter, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Why Every Business Needs an Online Leader, medium.com
- Why Marketers Need to Rethink Influencer Targeting, www.convinceandconvert.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- LazBro and Opt-Intelligence Partner to Launch Email List Growth Tool For IBM, www.prnewswire.com
- 5 Steps to Ace Mobile App Marketing, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Chinese Internet Giants Get Into the Mobile Game, www.wsj.com
- Got an Android app? Not indexed? Uh oh., www.internetretailer.com
- Is Your Mobile Advertising Focused on Apps? (It Should Be), www.marketingprofs.com
- OMG: BuzzFeed’s mobile app strategy, digiday.com
- Q4 2014 mobile site performance benchmark report, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Six thoughts on Google’s ‘mobile-friendly’ search announcement, econsultancy.com
- Tim Cook Says Apple Watch Could Replace Your Car Keys, And That’s Just The Start, techcrunch.com
- What Programmatic Advertising Means for Local Media, streetfightmag.com
- How Facebook Is Helping Suicidal People, time.com
- 10 Key Things Marketers Need to know About Snapchat’s Discover, contently.com
- 3 Customer Trust Factors To Boost Your Social Media Results, heidicohen.com
- 4 Key Strategies for Smarter Social CEOs, www.adweek.com
- 5 Key Things Marketers Need to Know About Facebook Cinemagraphs, contently.com
- 5 Steps for Successfully Measuring Social Media ROI, smallbiztrends.com
- 5 Ways to Increase Organic Reach on Facebook, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Audience Profile: What @Hurley’s Top Tweets Can Teach Us, simplymeasured.com
- Brand Advice From Generation Z Social-Media Influencers, adage.com
- Facebook stops defining gender for its users, www.theverge.com
- Facebook’s Inventory-Ads Rollout Foreshadows An Ad Tech Ecosystem Reset, adexchanger.com
- How @MTV Asks Fans for Favorites Then Shares Them on Twitter, simplymeasured.com
- How Marketers Use Social to Promote Events, www.emarketer.com
- March Madness Marketers Should Study the NBA for a Winning Instagram Strategy, www.adweek.com
- Marketers win through an always-on mix of organic and Promoted Tweets, www.Twitter.com
- Pinterest’s new monetization rules inflict pain on ‘pinfluencers’, digiday.com
- SeatGeek, Ticketmaster leverage Twitter to boost ticket sales, Internet Retailer
- Social Media Image Sizes Guide 2015, www.blogherald.com
- The 2015 Guide to Facebook Engagement, www.amyporterfield.com
- The Science of Posting on Social Media, www.adweek.com
- Victoria’s Secret Runs Snapchat Ads Between People Articles, Ad Age
- Wake-Up Call from Facebook: TV Ad Pricing Needs to Change, adage.com
- Why You Need to Say Goodbye to Fake Followers, blog.tailwindapp.com
- 3 Rules for Better Video Marketing, www.convinceandconvert.com
- TubeMogul Talks Programmatic Direct In Video, As Q4 Revenue Rises 64%, adexchanger.com
- Video Advertisers Increase Cross-Device Campaigns, www.emarketer.com
- Vimeo Finally Adds Chromecast Support Via Its iOS App, techcrunch.com
- Why net neutrality is great for video providers, digiday.com
- YouTube’s subscription service struggles to take off, digiday.com