Marketing Day: E-commerce silos, Amazon’s new return policy & YouTube’s top 10 ads
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Breaking down silos in e-commerce retail
Aug 10, 2017 by Andreas Reiffen
Want to improve your e-commerce sales? Columnist Andreas Reiffen makes the case for data sharing across marketing channels to avoid lost revenue and wasted ad spend.
- Amazon orders with 3rd-party sellers will soon be authorized for automatic returns
Aug 10, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Per the new policy, customers will no longer have to contact the Amazon seller to request to return an item.
- 2017 growth hacks: Use affiliates to improve PPC reach
Aug 10, 2017 by Lori Weiman
In this month’s installment of her series on SEM growth hacks, columnist Lori Weiman explains how advertisers can utilize their affiliates to dominate the SERPs and increase the bottom line.
- iPhone 7 ad with The Rock pushes Apple to top of YouTube’s July leaderboard with 13M views
Aug 10, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
At 51.1 million in June and 51.7 million in July, monthly video view counts for YouTube’s top ads have remained static this summer.
- 3 days of SEO and SEM tactics at the lowest rates. SMX East prices increase next week!
Aug 10, 2017 by Marketing Land
Super early bird rates expire next week for SMX East, the East Coast’s largest search marketing conference. Attend for 3 days of actionable, cutting edge search marketing tactics presented by experts that will leave your competition in the dust.
- Put your value proposition to the test
Aug 10, 2017 by Brian Massey
Is your value proposition working? Columnist Brian Massey explains how to test and narrow your options to ensure you’ve got a strong value proposition that will optimize your marketing efforts.
- Intercom releases what could be the first civilized bot
Aug 10, 2017 by Barry Levine
The customer communications platform says its new Operator bot breaks new ground with rules for manners.
- Upgrade your email blasts with four simple tactics
Aug 10, 2017 by Scott Heimes
Email marketers’ use of the email blast isn’t going away any time soon. But Columnist Scott Heimes explains how you can do it the right way to avoid annoying your recipients.
- Facebook debuts Watch, its home for original shows
Aug 9, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Facebook’s Watch tab will be available through its mobile apps, site and TV apps, but only to a limited number of people in the U.S. at first.
- 6 critical components of Facebook ad management
Aug 9, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Facebook has the power to help you find, build, nurture and convert new audiences on mobile and desktop. It’s an integral part of every digital strategy — e-commerce, B2C, B2B, health care, education and so on.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Instagram Analytics Secrets: Analysis, Tools (An Advanced Guide), Ignite Visibility
- Amazon and Whole Foods: What’s Next?, Wall Street Journal
- Microsoft debuts Coco Framework to improve blockchain performance, privacy, ZDNet
- The Mozilla Information Trust Initiative: Building a movement to fight misinformation online, The Mozilla Blog
- Handling Readers Offended By Your Content, CopyPressed
- How to Create Narrow Niche Content, The Blog Herald
- The Ultimate Guide to Content Marketing World 2017, Vertical Measures
- As companies embrace Amazon advertising, some SMBs struggle, Econsultancy
- Walmart jumps ahead of Amazon with Scan & Go, Mobile Marketer
- Walmart reportedly in talks to buy Birchbox, Retail Dive
- Eight effective examples of email sign up forms, Econsultancy
- HTML & CSS: email coding concepts, VerticalResponse
- Marketing Emails Sent at 4 p.m. have the Highest Open Rate, Small Biz Trends
General Internet Marketing
- Covering Your Digital Assets and Driving Modern Marketing, Multichannel Merchant
- How To Extend Your Ad Copy Into Converting Landing Pages, The AdStage Blog
- Personalization: How Much is Too Much?, CMS Wire
Internet Marketing Industry
- AppCard Acquires Leading Grocery Loyalty and Marketing Solutions Provider, ProLogic Retail Services, The Business Journals
- LiveRamp Partners with Goodway Group, Activating People-Based Marketing, PR Web
- Ticketweb Acquires Strobe Labs, Live Nation Entertainment
- How and Why (or Why Not) to Build a Chatbot, Content Marketing Institute
- Relationship-first Marketing Automation – Karen Steele, Group VP Marketing at Marketo, MarTech Advisor
- Where does martech fit in Dun & Bradstreet’s marketing org?, Chief Marketing Technologist
- How Brands Can Use Location to Ace Back-To-School Ad Campaigns, Street Fight
- The Top 10 Android Statistics For Mobile, Usage, & More, MediaKix
- This is why your Android app’s Play store rankings dropped this week, Branded3
- Introducing Watch, a new platform for shows on Facebook, Facebook Newsroom
- 3 Psychology Strategies You Should Be Using on Social Media, Convince and Convert
- How to Increase Your B2B Social Media Engagement with Neal Schaffer, Marketo
- How to Easily Turn Blog Posts Into Videos, Social Media Examiner
- How to Make Live Video Work for Your College Marketing, Epicosity
- Video Technologies Set To Make A Big Splash In Social Media, Search Engine People