Marketing Day: Digital video, Yahoo CEO & vertical ads
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- The #1 reason why position #1 doesn’t matter
May 2, 2016 by Rachel Lindteigen
As the layout of search engine results pages continues to change and evolve, columnist Rachel Lindteigen notes that being the top result may not be as important as it used to be.
- Maximizing your mobile impact
May 2, 2016 by Amy Bishop
Search marketers, are you prepared for a mobile world? Columnist Amy Bishop discusses trends and opportunities to help guide your optimization effort and make the most of your mobile experience.
- Digital video to become “more important than TV,” creative best practices emerging
May 2, 2016 by Greg Sterling
IAB survey finds agencies and marketers will spend more than $10 billion on digital video this year; Yahoo report documents what’s working.
- Facing Facebook, Google and Amazon, brands pool their data
May 2, 2016 by Barry Levine
Sharing data in co-operatives is becoming a way for the non-giants to survive.
- Vertical video ads now available programmatically from Virool and Rubicon Project
May 2, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The mobile ad units take advantage of the increasing popularity of viewing video without having to turn your phone.
- [VIDEO] Marketing Land Live #11: Facebook is printing money, Twitter stock struggling & more
May 2, 2016 by Matt McGee
In the latest episode of Marketing Land Live, Ginny Marvin, Tim Peterson, Danny Sullivan and Matt McGee talk about the big marketing news from the past week.
- Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer will receive nearly $55 million if terminated
May 2, 2016 by Greg Sterling
The severance package was probably negotiated when Mayer was hired.
- Go ahead and swing at mobile, marketers — even if you miss
May 2, 2016 by Merrily McGugan
Do you have what it takes to win at mobile? Columnist Merrily McGugan discusses the challenges marketers face with mobile and what you can do to hit a home run.
- Show, don’t tell: How to inspire your customers to create and share on-brand user-generated content
May 2, 2016 by Wendell Lansford
It’s time to get your customers talking about your brand. Columnist Wendell Lansford explains how you can encourage users to share their stories about your business — and grow your sales in the process.
- Win a free ticket to SocialPro Conference 2016 in Seattle!
May 2, 2016 by Marketing Land
Ready to take your social media marketing to the next level? Enter now for an opportunity to attend SocialPro for free! SocialPro is the only social media marketing conference for professional-level paid, earned and owned social media tactics. You only have until midnight (ET) May 15 to enter to win! It’s easy and free to enter, […]
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google sent 4.3 million messages to webmasters and saw 33% increase in clean-up efforts
- Bing Bad Ads Report: 250 million ads rejected, 150K advertisers banned in 2015
- What Kobe Bryant can teach you about succeeding with AdWords
- The power of “Anchor Influencers”
- Google seems to be preparing to migrate Search Console to new URLs
- Google now shows automatic translation in search results for some words
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Adapting Measurement Strategies for Modern Marketing, Google Analytics Blog
- What Customer-Centric Predictive Analytics Looks Like, cmswire.com
- What You Need to Know About Google Analytics 360, tune.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 21 WordPress Backup Plugins to Protect Your Website, smallbiztrends.com
- 5 Irrational Fears that Keep Bloggers from Being Successful, ProBlogger
- 6 Things I Wish I Knew When I Started My Blog, ProBlogger
- Why the Financial Times still believes in comment sections, Digiday
- Inside Google’s push to shape the rules of the driverless road, Reuters
- Yahoo’s $8 Billion Black Hole, Bloomberg
- How to Match Key Metrics With Your Content Goals, Content Marketing Institute
- The Secret to Content Marketing ROI, Content Marketing Institute
- 8 Common Conversion Optimization Mistakes, Search Engine People
- How Post-Purchase Engagement Can Help You Retain Buyers, MarTech Advisor
- Why Conversion Optimization Tools Will Never Replace the Need for Real People Doing Conversion Optimization, Crazy Egg
- Why the Traditional Marketing Funnel is Sabotaging Your Conversions, KISS Metrics
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Buggy Google AdSense Ads, Search Engine Roundtable
- Carrot and stick: How Ars Technica cut its ad-block rate from 40 percent to 25 percent, Digiday
- A Domain Buyer Broker’s POV on which Domains are Most Wanted – Sweetmantra, Domain Name Strategy
- Impossible to Appraise New gTLD Domain Names, Domain Investing
- Rightside Gets .Games Will Launch in 3Q; Uniregistry Launching .Game This Week (Sunrise), thedomains.com
- 12 Tools to Automate Twitter for Ecommerce Marketing, Practical Ecommerce
- 5 Design Rules to Boost Ecommerce Conversions, Practical Ecommerce
- After a Bronx cheer, Amazon will offer same-day delivery, internetretailer.com
- How to Create Product Pages that Produce the Results You Want, Copyblogger
- 5 Creative Ways to Use Printed Materials to Grow Your Email List, Constant Contact Blogs
General Internet Marketing
- What Is Influencer Marketing? Definitions, Examples, and Resources, Online Marketing Blog
- How To Offer More Personal Customer Support Through Effective Automation, Smashing Magazine
- Mobile apps vs. mobile Web: Do you have to choose?, Mobile Commerce Daily
- Twitter’s Artificial Intelligence Knows What’s Happening in Live Video Clips, MIT Technology Review
- Don’t Fall for Vanity Metrics When Measuring Social Media ROI, MarketingProfs
- Effective Social Media with User-Generated Content, compukol.com
- How to Create Social Media Contests That Convert, Social Media Examiner
- Snapchat Geofilters: A Valuable Marketing Tool, PPC Hero
- After 11 Years in Digital Video, YouTube Wants to Take on TV-Sized Budgets, AdWeek
- Snapchat Led the Way With Vertical Video. Will Virool Make It the New Standard?, AdWeek
- Video Marketers: Stop Using ‘Reach’ as the Go-to Metric, Reel SEO
- YouTube tests a new interface with Material Design, All Google Testing
New on MarTech