Marketing Day: Content marketing strategies, B2B campaigns & D&B CMO Rishi Dave
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Natural language processing 101
Aug 11, 2017 by Justin Freid
As natural language processing transforms our ability to interact with machines, contributor Justin Freid takes a look at how it’s being used and what marketers can expect to see in the future.
- What are the risks for businesses that are getting fake reviews on Google?
Aug 11, 2017 by Joy Hawkins
Creating fake reviews might seem like a great way to boost your business’s local profile, but columnist Joy Hawkins warns that the consequences far outweigh the benefits. After all, you’re not just violating Google’s guidelines — you’re breaking the law.
- As Tile makes a long-term B2B play, its CMO says he’s right where he loves to be
Aug 11, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Get to Know: Tile CMO Simon Fleming-Wood
- Personable is profitable: A case to rethink your content marketing strategy
Aug 11, 2017 by Jen Schrauben
Content marketing strategies are great for delivering information but often fail at really connecting with the reader. Columnist Jen Schrauben makes the case for incorporating friendlier, more authentic content into your overall strategy.
- Does branded content drive brand lift? New research takes an in-depth look
Aug 11, 2017 by Peter Minnium
Contributor Peter Minnium dives into the results from a study showing that branded content truly works and has a positive impact both on consumers’ brand awareness and their purchase intent.
- How soft calls to action will save your B2B campaigns
Aug 11, 2017 by Garrett Mehrguth
You shouldn’t have to decide between a soft or a hard call to action. Columnist Garrett Mehrguth explains why it’s helpful to offer both and shares three soft CTA tactics that will help you generate leads.
- D&B CMO Rishi Dave recounts how his company looked into the mirror to find the customer
Aug 11, 2017 by Barry Levine
The business data firm changed its pitch, products, tech and organization in order to grow.
- Facebook tests targeting ads to people who visited brands’ brick-and-mortar stores
Aug 11, 2017 by Tim Peterson
By letting brands create Custom Audiences of store visitors, Facebook ramps up its play for retailers’ holiday budgets — and the pressure on Snapchat.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai canceled an all-hands meeting about gender controversy due to employee worries of online harassment, Recode
- LinkedIn Rival Xing Sustains Hot Streak into H1, eMarketer
- Snap founders won’t sell shares despite plummeting price, TechCrunch
- 4 Tools to Make You a Content Curating Master, Marketo
- How to Create Sexy, Interesting Content for a Boring Industry, Search Engine Journal
- Repurposing 101: How To Turn One Idea Into Multiple Pieces Of Content, Search Engine People
- Amazon, SoftBank Battle for One of Last Untapped Internet Markets, Wall Street Journal
- Exclusive: Amazon in talks to offer event ticketing in U.S., Reuters
- What you need to know about Walmart’s e-commerce acquisition spree, Digiday
- Email Automation 101: How To Use Automation, AWeber Communications
- Master Class: 3 Deliverability Secrets from Top Email Senders, MarTech Advisor
General Internet Marketing
- How brands are using empathy to enhance marketing, Econsultancy
- Marketing 101: What is a radio button?, MarketingSherpa Blog
- Millennial Marketing: 4 Effective Ways to Reach Millennials, MarketingProfs
Internet Marketing Industry
- American Media, Inc. & Us Weekly Join Facebook’s New Video Platform, Watch, PR Newswire
- Shoppers are 48% More Likely to Drop Off Slow Sites Before the First Page Loads, Says Mobify Mobile Commerce Insights 2017 Q2 Report, Market Wired
- Shake Shack’s new chatbot can answer 300 customer questions, Digiday
- The Top 10 Social Media Listening Tools for Budget Marketers, Social Media Explorer
- 6 Things Marketers Need to Know About Snapchat Spectacles, Search Engine Journal
- Apple refuses to enable iPhone emergency settings that could save countless lives, The Next Web
- Facebook finally announces premium video service Watch, but will anyone tune in?, Mobile Marketer
- How To Get Thousands of Instagram Followers From Scratch (The Ultimate Guide), Jeff Bullas
- How to Use Snapchat for Business and Finance, Web Ink Now
- Study: Pinterest helps brands engage shoppers, Mobile Marketer
- 8 Ways to Make Better Live Videos on Social Media, Duct Tape Marketing
- Blogging Vs. Vlogging: Which is Better for You? – CopyPressed, CopyPressed
- Marketers Must Pick Up the Video Camera – Here’s How, Content Marketing Institute
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.