Marketing Day: Bing Launches Distill, Top-Ranked Social Tools & Heineken’s CMO On MLS Sponsorship
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- CNN, FT, Guardian And Reuters Combine Ad Forces Against Google, Facebook
Leading publishers form programmatic ad network to offer premium audience targeting at scale.
- Viral Content Site Playbuzz Announces $16 Million In New Funding
The most shared site on Facebook will use money to expand global operations and create more tools for publishers to create “playful” content.
- Chicken Named Gloria Determines Which Burger King Restaurants Get Chicken Fries
It’s not the first time a chicken has been called upon to make a decision, but this time her deliberation will be live streamed and shared on Facebook and Twitter.
- Agency Vs. Publisher Smackdown: Who Will Win The Battle To Create Content For Brands?
Creative agencies and publishers each contend they’re best positioned to create content on advertisers’ behalfs. Columnist Peter Minnium of the IAB recaps the arguments on both sides presented by four industry players.
- Yahoo Enables Audience Targeting Across BrightRoll Video Ad Inventory
Audience Ads offer access to Yahoo demographic and behavioral data for programmatic buying on and off Yahoo video properties.
- Are P2P Payments On Facebook Messenger Just The Beginning?
Facebook has been involved in payments in one form or another for about eight years. It was also clear that when the company hired former PayPal executive David Marcus last year that it was going to move more broadly into the space. It’s no surprise that the company has announced integration of peer-to-peer mobile payments into its […]
- The Shoe Drops As Canada Starts Enforcing New Anti-Spam Law
Email marketers wanting to know how Canada will enforce its new Anti-Spam law got a big clue earlier this month. Contributor Steve Dille explains what we’ve learned.
- A CMO’s View: Heineken Stays Ahead Of The Game By Sponsoring Fastest Growing Sport In U.S.
CMO Nuno Teles shares how his brand remains progressive by taking bold moves with its sponsorship opportunities.
- Report: Sprout Social, HootSuite, TweetDeck Are Top-Ranked Social Management Tools
Sprout Social received the highest customer satisfaction score in G2 Crowd’s report, aggregated from more than 600 reviews by business professionals.
- “Heavy Martech” Usage Soars, Giving Tag Management A Big Boost
Columnist Erik Bratt discusses the explosion of marketing technology (martech) over the past few years and its implication for marketers.
- Mary Kay Cosmetics Sues RetailMeNot For Fraud, Trademark Infringement
When consumers are ready to make an online purchase a substantial number will pause during checkout, tab over to a search engine and query “retailer name + coupons.” Frequently that process yields a result that prominently features RetailMeNot.
- Bing ‘Distill’ To Compete With Quora & Yahoo Answers, Invitation Requests Now Live
A new service from Bing will allow users to collaborate on community-driven answers to all of your burning questions.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Yahoo Loses Market Share As Some Firefox Users Return To Google
- B2B Marketing Automation Platforms 2015: New Market Intelligence Report
- The Essential In-Depth Overview Of PPC Bid Management
- Quantifying The Mobile Revolution: Mobile Advertising Progress In 2014
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Can Robots Take Over Affiliate Management?, www.amnavigator.com
- 7 Content Measurement Tools Marketers Should Know About, contently.com
- Cross-Device Identity: Data Management’s New Battleground, adexchanger.com
- Cross-Device Tracking? The FTC Wants to Know More, adage.com
- Data: The Key To Seamless Marketing In A Multichannel World, adexchanger.com
- Digital Marketers Continue Love Affair with Data, www.emarketer.com
- Why True Analytic Collaboration Relies on Empathy, www.cmswire.com
- Google Working on New Drone After “Wing” Design Failed, blogs.wsj.com
- Tim Cook On Apple’s Future: Everything Can Change Except Values, www.fastcompany.com
- Brand Storytelling in a Digital World, www.toprankblog.com
- Convergence of Content Marketing and Social Media is Here, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How to Craft Headlines That Draw People to Your Content, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Learn the Secrets Behind 5 Great Content Marketing Projects, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Media Secret: Why Your Content Does Not Drive Sales, heidicohen.com
- Rising ROI: Why Brands Are Going All-In on Multimedia Content, contently.com
- The Dynamics of Screen Size and Resolution for Convervsion, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Prada’s online customer journey: luxury content, poor UX, econsultancy.com
- Amazon to shutter its Webstore e-commerce platform service, sources say, www.internetretailer.com
- Hatching a new website? Online retailers must think mobile first, www.internetretailer.com
- How four influential retailers are tackling shoppable Instagram, digiday.com
- What are internet consumers most concerned about online?, econsultancy.com
- Why You Don’t Need Another Ecommerce Solution, www.getelastic.com
- 9 Emails Non-Profits Should Send to Attract and Maintain Donors, www.verticalresponse.com
- Accelerating Your Email Marketing Performance, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Email Data: Getting Beyond Opens, Clicks, and Conversions, blog.returnpath.com
- How Email Helps the Detroit Bus Company Deliver Joy, blog.mailchimp.com
- How Six Common Words Influence 1-to-1 Email Open Rates, www.marketingprofs.com
General Internet Marketing
- Influencer Marketing: All It’s Cracked Up to Be?, www.emarketer.com
- Mashable, Equinox, Bloomberg LP, and Marketo Weigh in on the Current State of Marketing, blog.marketo.com
- Successful CMOs Create the Structure to Innovate, www.cmswire.com
- What Could You Do With a Digital Marketing Command Center?, www.cmswire.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Kenshoo Unveils New Solution for Audience Targeting across Devices and in Mobile Apps, kenshoo.com
- Ooyala’s Videoplaza joins forces with TubeMogul for premium programmatic advertising, www.fierceonlinevideo.com
- TeamWatch: Create reading lists or instantly share articles to keep everyone informed, blog.netvibes.com
- How can NLP technology be used for marketing?, econsultancy.com
- More Data Brings More Risk: CMOs Must Embrace ‘Risk Marketing’, adage.com
- Visa CMO: We’re a Tech Company, and We’re Hiring Like One, adage.com
- 2015: Year of the Mobile?, www.koozai.com
- 7 Ways Hyperlocal Vendors Benefit From Self-Serve Sales Models, streetfightmag.com
- Apple working on a version of Google Glass, Business Insider
- Coca-Cola, MasterCard stress need for fact-based mobile marketing, www.mobilemarketer.com
- Google Exec Tells SXSW 2015 That Google Glass Failed Because of ‘Too Much Attention’, www.adweek.com
- HTTPS-crippling FREAK exploit affects thousands of Android and iOS apps, Ars Technica
- Native mobile ads in a strange land, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Uber now lets developers embed its ridesharing service into any app, VentureBeat
- Relevance Score: We analyzed 104,256 Ads to understand and improve it, adespresso.com
- 12 Awesome Social Media Tool Posts from Around the Web, www.razorsocial.com
- 3 Smart Ways to Compare Your Brand on Twitter, simplymeasured.com
- 7 Tips To Help You Boost Your Content On LinkedIn, www.searchenginepeople.com
- @Twitter Is Opening an Office in #Dubai, blogs.wsj.com
- Advanced LinkedIn Ads Tips & Tricks, blog.adstage.io
- Ex-Ford Visionary Scott Monty Tells You His Social Secrets, www.cmswire.com
- Facebook Sued By Former Staffer Alleging Sex Discrimination, Harassment, Other Charges, techcrunch.com
- Facebook’s Ad Images Checklist, www.adweek.com
- How to Create a Social Media Report and Explain It to a Client, blog.bufferapp.com
- How to Set Up and Get the Most Out of Facebook Multi-Product Ads, authoritylabs.com
- LinkedIn Extends Self-Service Profile Widget To College And University Sites, No LinkedIn Visit Required, techcrunch.com
- Selling through Instagram creates personalized user experience, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- The 5 Essential Steps for Complete Social Media Analysis, simplymeasured.com
- The Compounding Returns of Social Media, blog.raventools.com
- The Single Best Way to Protect Your Company from a Social Media Crisis, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Why did it take Facebook 11 years to advertise ‘Friendship?’, digiday.com