Marketing Day: Amazon lowers Echo Dot price, holiday ad tips & new Twitter apps
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Salesforce opens up Lightning Bolt portal templates for specific business needs
Sep 14, 2016 by Barry Levine
The new offerings build on last year’s launch of its Community Cloud template.
- Everything you need to know about marketing automation platforms in one report
Sep 14, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
B2B Marketing Automation Platforms: A Marketer’s Guide is the source for the latest trends, opportunities and challenges facing the market for marketing automation tools. This 49-page Marekting Land report, sponsored by Salesforce and Marketo, includes: profiles of 13 leading vendors pricing charts, capabilities, and more.
- Amazon cuts price of Echo Dot, launches devices in UK & Germany
Sep 14, 2016 by Matt McGee
In a bid to make the smaller Echo Dot a must-buy, Amazon cuts the price almost in half. Company also launches Alexa products in two European countries.
- Sustainable competitive advantages in digital marketing
Sep 14, 2016 by Eric Enge
Columnist Eric Enge explains how investing in long-term marketing initiatives can give you a huge advantage over your competition.
- When to end your client/link provider relationship
Sep 14, 2016 by Julie Joyce
Columnist Julie Joyce goes through the biggest red flags for a client and link provider relationship so you each know when it’s time to say goodbye.
- AdBlock Plus announces new ad exchange; Not with our ads, say Google & AppNexus
Sep 14, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
It remains unclear if the ad blocker’s controversial ad exchange will get off the ground.
- 8 tips to make sure your Google profile images boost your local search results
Sep 14, 2016 by Wesley Young
Your local business profile image has a significant impact on the impression prospective customers have of your business. Columnist Wesley Young of the Local Search Association covers ways to make sure that impression is a positive one.
- Connecting the dots: How the customer data platform solves what ails marketers
Sep 14, 2016 by Josh Manion
How does a customer data platform fit into your marketing technology stack? Columnist Josh Manion discusses the role of the CDP and how it differs from other data platforms.
- Now you can move Google Analytics properties to other accounts in two steps
Sep 14, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The new property-moving feature finally makes it easy to reorganize properties — all of their views — into other accounts.
- 7 great reads to drive your marketing career
Sep 14, 2016 by Mary Wallace
Looking to add to your arsenal of marketing knowledge? Columnist Mary Wallace shares her top reading recommendations.
- The stat-backed holiday advertising tips to know for 2016
Sep 14, 2016 by Andrew Waber
As the online holiday shopping season begins, columnist Andrew Waber analyzes e-commerce Facebook advertising trends to help you map out your own campaign strategies.
- Twitter rolls out apps for Apple TV, Xbox One and Amazon’s Fire TV
Sep 14, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Twitter’s TV apps will broadcast live NFL games and Bloomberg shows, as well as Periscope streams, Vine clips and normal tweets.
- Google updates Universal App Campaign targeting, touts 3 billion app installs from ads
Sep 14, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The new version is aimed at delivering higher-value customers to app marketers with machine learning.
- Google introduces TrueView for Action ads on YouTube
Sep 14, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Display tailored call to action banners while video ads play.
- Marketo adds native ABM capabilities to its platform
Sep 13, 2016 by Barry Levine
The company says the new account-oriented offerings are the most complete native functions by any major marketing platform.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- 2016 Doodle 4 Google contest asks students to look to the future
- Search takes to the cloud as users engage with new actions
- Bing Ads launches Structured Snippets for text ads
- Common PPC mistakes and how to avoid them
- Using social metrics + SEO + questions to create content that drives inbound traffic
- Google bumps Expanded Text Ad deadline to January 31, 2017
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- 4 Tips to Accelerate Your Business Blog, www.blogherald.com
- 5 Easy Steps To Build A Guest Posting Strategy That Rocks, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Bloggers: Jumpstart Cash Flow With These Tips, www.blogherald.com
- Do You Have a Blog For Your Ecommerce Site? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Should, smallbiztrends.com
- Easy Ways to Improve Your WordPress Blog for Free, www.wpexplorer.com
- NEVER SAY NEVER: Do You Always Have to Follow Writing “Rules” to Be a Successful Blogger?, www.problogger.net
- 10 Tools That Will Help You Create Amazing Content, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Are Search Volume Estimates Reliable for Content Topics?, www.verticalmeasures.com
- As The Tide Rises For Branded Content, BuzzFeed’s Boat Is Lifted Even Higher, adexchanger.com
- Content Marketing World: Journalists vs. Marketers, contently.com
- Content Marketing: Answer These 4 Questions in the First 15 Seconds, www.toprankblog.com
- How Does Native Advertising Fit in a Content Marketing Strategy?, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Why Content Marketing Complements but does not Substitute Link Building, www.martechadvisor.com
- 7 Thank You Pages That Take Post-Conversion to the Next Level, unbounce.com
- How to Localize Your Marketing Campaigns to Increase Conversions, blog.kissmetrics.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Creating Websites With Dropbox-Powered Hosting Tools, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Creative Spotlight: Why Your “About Us” Page Isn’t Really About You At All, www.copypress.com
- Don’t Mess Up Your Website Redesign: An Evidence-Based Strategy, conversionxl.com
- 5 Ways Small Businesses Can Optimise Ecommerce Checkouts To Stop Losing Sales, www.webpresence.tv
- Email Popups With Offer Codes Are The Best & Other Ecommerce Optimization Myths, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- Etsy’s First Global Campaign Is an Expression of Individuality, Just Like the Stuff It Sells, www.adweek.com
- How EMV is fueling an e-commerce fraud frenzy, www.retaildive.com
- How to Set Up a Twitter Card for Your Ecommerce Site, www.practicalecommerce.com
- “Open Right Now!” What Makes a Good Subject Line?, www.verticalresponse.com
- Email Marketing Advice for Retailers Heading Into Busy Holiday Season, multichannelmerchant.com
- Four things email marketers should do to get noticed in their company, econsultancy.com
- Politico’s Playbook e-mail newsletter makes a play for millennials, digiday.com
- What iOS 10 Means for Email Marketers (And What You Can Do), movableink.com
General Internet Marketing
- Disruptive Marketing Lessons From the Trojan Horse, www.marketingprofs.com
- Don’t Let Data Stand in the Way of ABM Success, www.cmswire.com
- How to Build an Influencer Empire, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Organizations Struggle with Marketing’s Digital Transformation, www.emarketer.com
- Paid, Owned, & Earned Media: What Marketers Need To Know, mediakix.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- How to Generate Content Ideas Using Screaming Frog in 20(ish) Minutes, moz.com
- Absolutdata Launches Powerful Artificial Intelligence (AI) Based Tool that Makes Sales Teams More, www.prnewswire.com
- Advanced Automation, powered by Emma, myemma.com
- Let’s Take Back Control Of Our Media, kenshoo.com
- Social Media Industry Report 2016: Retail Brands, pages.netbase.com
- Teradata’s Customer Journey Analytic Solution Creates Behavioral Insights to Deliver a Distinct, www.prnewswire.com
- 3 tips for marketers on building your first chatbot, venturebeat.com
- The 6 Critical Steps When You License Any New Marketing Software, www.convinceandconvert.com
- The Coming Ad Tech Renaissance Will Be Fueled By Chinese Money, adexchanger.com
- Three big problems with marketing automation rules (and how to solve them), www.econsultancy.com
- Three Marketing Automation Fails You’re Committing Today, www.marketingprofs.com
- 3 Phases to Engaging (and Retaining) Local Prospects, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 6 Click-to-Text Tools for Local Businesses, streetfightmag.com
- Google AMP: Ready Your Website, But Keep the Smartphone App (For Now), www.cmswire.com
- How to get started with Accelerated Mobile Pages, webmasters.googleblog.com
- How to improve mobile checkout, www.internetretailer.com
- How to launch an effective cost-per-install app campaign, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Better emails, tailored to all your devices, gmail.googleblog.com
- With the Launch of iOS 10, It’s Time to Update Your Yahoo Mail App, yahoomail.tumblr.com
- What It Takes To Be An Industry Thought Leader, www.ppchero.com
- 7 Creative Snapchat Tips to Improve Your Stories, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Brands too dependent on Facebook organic reach: study, www.econsultancy.com
- Facebook says about 10% of News Feed stories are actually read daily, venturebeat.com
- Facebook to roll out tech for combating fake stories in its Trending topics, techcrunch.com
- How to Deal With Twitter Trolls, www.searchinfluence.com
- Instagram now lets you save your own stories and mute others, www.theverge.com
- Social Targeting To Drive Real Business Results, www.martechadvisor.com
- The Sun’s Facebook chatbot drove nearly half users back to its site, digiday.com
- 8 Reasons Why Consumers Will Watch and Engage With Your Video, tubularinsights.com
- Benefit benefits from Facebook Live videos, www.internetretailer.com
- Facebook food giant Tastemade is getting into virtual reality, digiday.com
- Facebook Live Coming to Desktops, Laptops, www.adweek.com
- Live Streaming 101 for Social Media Marketers, www.jeffbullas.com
- Snapchat’s Imran Khan Sounds Off On No-Sound Video Ads, adage.com
- Why Apple CEO Tim Cook Prefers Augmented Reality Over Virtual Reality, abcnews.go.com
- Why More Advertisers Are Turning to Mobile Video, www.emarketer.com