Marketing Day: Ad Blockers Round Two, The Modern-Day Publisher’s Dilemma & Periscope Profile Pages
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the Web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook Like And Share Buttons To Power Ad Targeting Based On Sites And Apps Users Visit
Sep 18, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
The omnipresent Facebook buttons used on other sites and apps pass browsing data that will soon be available for ad targeting.
- Round 2: Peace Ad Blocker Pulled & CNET Fights Back
Sep 18, 2015 by Danny Sullivan
As concerns for and by publishers rise about ad blocking, the most popular new one for iOS bows out.
- Debunking The CTR To Find Truth In Viewability
Sep 18, 2015 by Roger Williams
Why are so many advertisers still relying on click-through rate as the primary performance metric for their display campaigns? Columnist Roger Williams discusses the factors hindering the industry’s shift towards viewability.
- The Modern-Day Publisher’s Dilemma: Where To Focus With So Many Available Platforms
Sep 18, 2015 by Hagai Tal
As publishers face the challenges of a cross-device world, they need to embrace emerging technologies and remember to look toward actual human teams for solutions, says columnist Hagai Tal.
- How To Create A “Lead Pipeline” With Your Blog (Part 2)
Sep 18, 2015 by Daniel Faggella
In this conclusion of a two-part series, columnist Daniel Faggella explores his favorite tactics for converting your traffic into leads and buyers.
- Facebook Video & Snapchat Drive Nearly Half Of BuzzFeed’s Views
Sep 18, 2015 by Martin Beck
CEO Jonah Peretti says that more than 75% of the company’s total content views come on non-BuzzFeed networks. Facebook video generates 27% and Snapchat 21%.
- Customers Need To Be Part Of The Advertising Conversation
Sep 18, 2015 by Alex LePage
As digital advertising evolves to reach consumers on a whole new level, it’s more important than ever to engage with them and make them part of the conversation, says columnist Alex LePage.
- Periscope Adds Profile Pages For The Web
Sep 17, 2015 by Martin Beck
Twitter-owned video streaming app gives broadcasters a landing page for the desktop.
- Amazon Points Retailers To Shopify As It Nears The End Of Its E-Commerce Platform
Sep 17, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Named an Amazon preferred partner, Shopify is rolling out new integrations for Amazon Webstore owners.
- Not Just Ads, iOS 9 Content Blockers Can Also Block Analytics
Sep 17, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
A look at the broader implications for marketing data if content blockers are widely adopted in iOS 9.
- Snickers Rolls Out New “Hunger Bars” Packaging With Hunger Emergency Hotline Video
Sep 17, 2015 by Pamela Parker
The Mars candy brand takes a page from Coca-Cola by offering 21 different packaging choices related to it’s “You’re Not You When You’re Hungry,” campaign, with each wrapper representing a different “symptom” of hunger.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Webinar: How to Avoid (or Mitigate) Social Media Risk for Your Brand
- Search In Pics: Google Solar Drone, Google Office Hose Down & SEO 4 You Plate
- SEO Disasters: Preventing The Unthinkable
- About To Launch A WordPress Site? Here’s What You Need To Know About SEO
- How Google Now, Siri & Cortana Predict What You Want
- Google Says Repeated Violations Of Their Webmaster Guidelines Will Lead To Further Action
- SEO Industry Mourns The Loss Of Dana Lookadoo
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- FMTC Rolls Out a Much-Needed Data Feed Cleanup Tool, www.amnavigator.com
- 5 Keys for Using Big Data Effectively in Marketing, 3qdigital.com
- Are Your Metrics Measuring Up?, www.dmnews.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 10 Reasons To Edit Your Published Blog Posts, www.searchenginepeople.com
- 8 Insider Secrets To Growth Hacking Your Blog, www.jeffbullas.com
- Blogging From Your Tablet – The Ins and Outs, www.blogherald.com
- Do Blog Comments Really Matter (and more), pushingsocial.com
- Guest Blogging and Licensing Content without Incurring Duplicate Content Issues, moz.com
- Adobe Announces Profit Rise, Executive Change, www.wsj.com
- Apple pledges more aid to help with Europe’s migrant crisis, www.reuters.com
- WordPress Support for Apple News, vip.wordpress.com
- 3 Resources to Help You Create Exceptional Content that Grows Your Business, www.copyblogger.com
- 4 Psychological Ideas for Creating a Stellar Content Strategy, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 5 Strategies for Mapping Content to the Customer Journey, www.silverpop.com
- The “Lessons from Great Content” Issue, damniwish.com
- The Problems Facing Native Advertising, in 5 Charts, contently.com
- 12 Conversion Optimization Trends That Are Completely False, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Web Development List, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Write Your Copy For Mr Spock (And Other Offbeat Copywriting Tips), blog.kissmetrics.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Display Ads Drive Digital Growth in Canada, www.emarketer.com
- New gTLDs growing faster than .com, latest Verisign data shows, domainincite.com
- A new influx of Chinese companies into Russian e-commerce, www.internetretailer.com
- Half of top 500 e-retailers now accept PayPal’s One Touch, www.retaildive.com
- How Omni-Channel Marketing Wins Consumers, blog.marketo.com
- 13 Business Goals You Can Achieve Through Email Marketing, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How Much Revenue Does Email Drive?, www.emarketer.com
- How to Use Email Analytics for Email Intelligence, smallbiztrends.com
- The Solution for Unopened Email: More Email?, www.cmswire.com
General Internet Marketing
- Why the SWOT Analysis Still Matters in Marketing, www.convinceandconvert.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- The CMO Club Announces Nominees for The 2015 CMO Awards, www.marketwired.com
- ChoiceStream Raises $14 Million to Expand Programmatic Platform, www.businesswire.com
- Movable Ink Launches Channel Partner Program to Accelerate Growth and Create Competitive Advantages for Partners, www.prweb.com
- 6 key reasons why a new app fails, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Five Tips for Maintaining Branded Mobile App Engagement, www.marketingprofs.com
- Last-Click Data Tells a Fraction of Mobile Attribution Story, www.emarketer.com
- Mobile Ad Blockers Have Already Become the App Store’s Top Downloads, www.adweek.com
- 60-Minute Reputation Touch-Up Anyone can Do, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Oh, You Didn’t Know About Your Reputation?, blog.returnpath.com
- As Twitter Remains Rudderless, More Marketing Execs Will Bail, adexchanger.com
- Breaking Social Out of Its Silo, www.socialmediatoday.com
- Facebook Saved Audiences: How to Save Time Creating Facebook Ads, www.jonloomer.com
- Facebook’s Not-Quite-A-Dislike Button Could Just Be Emoji, techcrunch.com
- How to Connect with Shoppers in Latin America, www.facebook.com
- Instagram Analytics: The Metrics That Matter, blog.tailwindapp.com
- One Brand to Rule Them All: Unite Your Franchise Fellowship on Social Media, www.searchinfluence.com
- Social Media Automation: A Little Less Conversation, a Little More Action, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- These 3 New Developments Show Why It Continues to Be Snapchat’s Year, www.adweek.com
- Twitter makes the case it’s bigger than Facebook (really), qz.com
- Why Facebook’s ‘Dislike’ Button Would Be Great for Brands, contently.com
- Blab: A Group Video Chat Platform for Your Business, www.takeflyte.com
- Periscope Up: How Livestreaming Affects Twitter Engagement, www.cmswire.com
- South Africa broadband blitz unlocks video-on-demand, www.reuters.com
- The biggest hurdles publishers face in monetizing digital video, digiday.com
- Why Engagement on Twitter Autoplay Ads Are So High, www.adweek.com