Marketing Day: Ad agency CEO calls out Facebook, in-app advertising, first party data
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Initiative CEO calls out Facebook, says he’s advising clients to pull ads
Dec 21, 2018 by Amy GesenhuesMat Baxter, CEO of Initiative ad agency, took to LinkedIn to criticize Facebook over the latest revelations it had shared more data than previously disclosed.
- In-app advertising has come a long way: Here’s why you should use it
Dec 21, 2018 by Yoni ArgamanNew developments for the in-app environment allow brands to measure viewability, fraud, data quality and attribution, similar to what advertisers are used to on mobile.
- Why first party data should be your first priority
Dec 21, 2018 by Mark GretherStringent privacy regulations are creating a variety of potential risks for agencies and brands without access to data.
- Back to Basics: Maximize your YouTube advertising
Dec 21, 2018 by Bruce BudkofskyYouTube is a ‘reference engine’ and advertisers can leverage it to define their target audience. But like other social media platforms, brand safety must be considered.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Sprout Social scores $40.5 million in latest round of funding
Dec 21, 2018 by Amy GesenhuesThe latest round of funding from Goldman Sachs brings Sprout Social’s total capital to $103.5 million.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- “Going where the customer is”: Marketers are coming for messaging apps, Digiday
- 10 Changes that Impacted Amazon Advertisers in 2018, CPC Strategy
- 2019 Predictions & Trends for Fearless Marketers, Marketo
- Apple AI Chief John Giannandrea Gets Promotion to Senior Vice President, MacRumors
- Ethical Practices in a Data-Driven B2B World, CMS Wire
- Facebook Is Said to Develop Stablecoin for WhatsApp Transfers, Bloomberg
- How to map the content for your event’s email calendar, My Emma
- How We Strengthened Facebook Ads in 2018, Facebook Business
- Improving The Mobile Ad Experience Will Create More Value For Everyone In The Open Ad Ecosystem, AdExchanger
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.