Marketing Day: Twitter Video Ads, Apple Drops Ad Blocks & Pew Study
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the Web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the Web.
From Marketing Land:
- Test Your Social Marketing Intelligence and Win a Free Trip to Marketing Land’s SocialPro 2015 in Las Vegas
Oct 9, 2015 by Marketing Land
Take the Biggest Social Geek quiz and and prove you’re the geek to beat.
- Pew Survey: Nearly Two-Thirds Of All Americans Use Social Media
Oct 9, 2015 by Martin Beck
At 90%, young Americans still are most likely to use social networks, but growth in use among those 65 and older is surging.
- Apple Removes Apps That Block Ads In Apps Over Privacy Concerns
Oct 9, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
Apps like Been Choice that install root certificates on users’ phones have been removed from the App Store. Apple says it’s working with developers to make privacy-safe modifications.
- Stealing Your Competitor’s Customer: A Step-By-Step Guide
Oct 9, 2015 by Tamar Weinberg
Want to target an audience that’s already interested in your service offerings? Contributor Tamar Weinberg explains how to identify and capture your competitors’ customers.
- View Counts Don’t Count! Using Video Analytics To Understand What’s Working And What’s Not
Oct 9, 2015 by Michael Litt
Don’t get caught up in the all-too-common impulse to chase view counts. Columnist Michael Litt explains why you need to first figure out your goals and then determine how to measure video marketing success.
- Mobile Domination: More Google Searches Across The Globe Now Occur On Mobile Than Desktop
Oct 9, 2015 by Greg Finn
Of all the worldwide search queries occurring right now on Google, mobile now makes up more than half officially taking the worldwide lead over desktop for the first time ever.
- Twitter Now Lets You Upload Video Via The Desktop
Oct 8, 2015 by Martin Beck
Publishing native video on Twitter no longer requires a mobile device.
- Twitter Testing YouTube-Like Video Advertising Model With New Amplify Offering
Oct 8, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
The test will allow advertisers to show ads in organic videos and eliminates the need to have direct publisher deals.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Meet A Landy Award Winner: How Nebo Agency Won Best Overall Search Marketing Initiative
- US Paid Search Ad Spend Growth Slows To 12%, In Part Due To A Still-Nascent Yahoo Gemini
- Search In Pics: Google Rodeo, Project Fi Jacket & Google Hamburger
- Study: Rich Media In Search Drives Increased Click-Through
- How Google Won The PR Battle Over SEO, And Why That’s A Good Thing
- Google Tests New Red Live Label In Search Results To Label Real-Time Breaking Content
- Worldwide, More Than Half Of Google’s Searches Happen On Mobile
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Why All Amazon Affiliates Must Consider Add-To-Cart Buttons, Affiliate Marketing Blog
- Google Analytics Cohort Analysis, www.ppchero.com
- How Blue Apron And Zappos Use Data To Disrupt Themselves, Ad Exchanger
- In a Mobile World, Data Is the Future for Ad Agencies, Ad Age
- Retailers drill into data for customer insights, Internet Retailer
- Unsampled Reporting with Google Analytics Premium, Luna Metrics
- After Nearly 30 Years, Microsoft’s Developer Division Head Leaves Company, TechCrunch
- Twitter Video Ad Exec Glenn Otis Brown Leaves For Betaworks, recode.net
- Content Marketing for Mobile Moments, Practical E-Commerce
- How to Build Valuable Links with Your Content, Convince and Convert
- Think Lean to Win at Content Marketing, Content Marketing Institute
- Company Re-Brands From .Com To .XYZ Purchased For $5,700, The Domains
- Company to offer .sucks domains at .com prices, DomainIncite
- Q3 E-Commerce Update + Holiday Pulse 2015, blog.custora.com
- Fanatics CEO on how to win big in e-commerce, nrf.com
- How exponential change in technology will transform retail, nrf.com
- Seven ecommerce add-ons all online retailers need to know, eConsultancy
- Study: 5 Star Reviews Not Necessarily Helpful, Practical E-Commerce
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid in Your Holiday Sales Email, blogs.constantcontact.com
- 6 Tips for Improving Lead Database Quality Yourself, Marketo
General Internet Marketing
- How to Create a Kickass Product Without Touching the Dev Cycle, www.techipedia.com
- Building an Interactive MarTech Landscape from the Buyer’s Perspective, www.martechadvisor.com
- Integrating marketing technologies? That’s the easy part, Chief Marketing Technologist Blog
- Marketing Automation: Help or Hype?, www.blastam.com
- Mozilla Firefox will drop support for NPAPI plugins by the end of 2016, but will keep Flash around, VentureBeat
- Apple Pay to Hit Starbucks Stores This Year, Wall Street Journal
- When going "app only" is a good strategy, www.tune.com
- vCita launches new mobile CRM for SMBs, www.itproportal.com
- Retailers should be ready for consumers’ Facebook ‘Reactions’, Internet Retailer