Marketing Day: iPhone Share Climbs, Facebook Super Bowl & Bing Ads
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 20th Century Fox Gamifies Movie Trailer To Promote ‘Kingsman: The Secret Service’The action flick’s marketing site tests people to see if they have what it takes to be a Kingsman.
- How Super Bowl Advertisers Lexus, Bud Light, Wix & Loctite Won Mindshare On GoogleMore big game advertisers integrated paid search into their campaigns this year to support their TV ads. Here’s how a few stood out.
- February 12 Webcast- 5 Trends in Marketing Resource Allocation that Will Transform Your Agency PitchThe digital age has transformed the way marketers are spending money, hiring staff, and determining priorities. Successful agencies are using these changes to their advantage. In this Digital Marketing Depot webcast, we’ll explore how successful agencies are aligning with the shift in client’s needs to become long term partners that help drive revenue growth. Our […]
- Watch Out, YouTube: 25% Of Online Super Bowl Ad Views Happened On FacebookYouTube’s share of the video views for Super Bowl commercials drops 20 percentage points to 74%, according to data from Visible Measures. Budweiser’s “Lost Dog” has 4.5 million more views on Facebook.
- What’s Inside Consumers’ Inboxes & What That Means For Email MarketingThere’s been a lot of talk about email fatigue lately, but is this fear overblown? Columnist Tom Sather thinks so, and he has the data to prove it.
- Report: iPhone Took Share From Android In All Markets But JapanFourth quarter data from Kantar Worldpanel ComTech asserts that the iPhone’s market share has grown across key markets, including the US, China and EU 5. In most markets measured Android was down and Windows phone was flat. Kantar reported that Android’s market share declined in the US and Europe by nearly 4 points year over […]
- Microsoft’s Bing Ads To Test Native Advertising On MSN.comMove positions Bing Ads as an “intent network” and gets in on native ad growth.
- The State Of iPhone In 2015: The Stats Marketers Need To KnowTo what extent should you tailor your mobile efforts to iPhone models? Columnist Andrew Waber shares important data to help you decide.
- Apple-Linked Van: Self-Driving Car Or Street View Competitor?A mystery minivan linked to Apple (though not conclusively) has been seen driving around the streets of Contra Costa County in the San Francisco Bay Area. There are two speculated use cases: Street View-like imagery or self-driving vehicle testing. The picture above is from a local blog (Claycord) via AppleInsider. Apple had “no comment” to […]
- It’s The Creative, Stupid: 3 Reasons Why Ad Creative Trumps Technology Every TimeAt a time when digital marketers are swimming in data, columnist Peter Minnium reminds us to strike a balance between technology-driven targeting and creativity.
- The Easiest Way To Make Your Content Dominate On Social MediaWhat’s the key to getting your content shared? Columnist Jordan Kasteler says it’s understanding your audience.
- What Brands Need To Know About Online Reviews: 5 Questions With NYT Bestselling Author Bill TancerOnline review expert and author of “Everyone’s a Critic” explains why brands need to pay attention to what consumers are saying online.
- 5 Marketing Technology Challenges Every Business Must SolveWhile some marketers struggle to keep up with a rapidly changing industry, contributor Paul Roetzer tells us that others are re-imagining what’s possible for their careers and companies.
- North Face VP Of Global Marketing Now Gets To Lead The Brand He Loved As A KidGet To Know: North Face VP of Global Marketing Aaron Carpenter
- Revamped Twitter Homepage Offers New Users A Smorgasbord Of Tiled OptionsA new Twitter homepage test is putting the singular (sometimes grainy) homepage pic up against tiled groupings to see which version will reign supreme.
- Twitter Launches Quick Promote, A Shortcut To Promote TweetsThe streamlined process, aimed at small and medium businesses, gives marketers the ability to buy an ad with a few clicks.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- How The Sharing Economy Will Lead To The Growth Of Online Reviews
- Bing Ads Discusses 3 New Initiatives: Native Ads On MSN.com, Mobile Ad Formats, Remarketing
- Google Answers Now Showing Blue Icons Linking To Publisher Sites Or More Google Answers
- Location Based Geo-Targeting Boosts Paid Search Ad Performance…Or Does It?
- Google Expands Webmaster Documentation Around Reconsideration Requests
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Direct Visits and Google Analytics Attribution Precedence – E-Nor Digital Analytics Consulting, e-nor.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Is WordPress Suffering From The Innovator’s Dilemma?, wptavern.com
- WordPress.com Adds Google Analytics for Business Customers Only, wptavern.com
- Yahoo’s Small-Business Unit Draws Short Straw in Alibaba Spinoff, Wall Street Journal
- Groupon’s ex-CEO launches audio tour app in San Francisco, mashable.com
- Twitter Opening Research and Design Center in India, AdWeek
- A Multimedia Journalist’s Essential Skills, Pt. 1, aimclearblog.com
- How Does Content Marketing Actually Get You More Sales?, quicksprout.com
- How To Track The ROI Of Your Web Content, SEMrush Blog
- How to Use Remarketing to Supercharge your Content Marketing, Vertical Measures
- Five Content Marketing Predictions That Are Dead Wrong For 2015, blog.visual.ly
- How BuzzFeed, R29, and Other Top Publishers Optimize Their Headlines and Images, contently.com
- Opentopic Introduces Enterprise Workflow & Collaboration for Content Marketers, opentopic.com
- Study: How Much of Your Content Marketing Is Effective?, contently.com
- What Content Marketing Tactics Will Keep You On Track for Success in 2015?, contentmarketinginstitute.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- How to Write an Irresistible Headline, Convince and Convert
- UX design for restaurants leaves a bad taste in the mouth, eConsultancy
Display & Contextual Advertising
- The Viewability Mess We’ve Created, Ad Exchanger
- Yahoo After RMX: What Is Yahoo Ad Exchange Anyway?, Ad Exchanger
- 1,800 Domains Overtaken by Flash Zero Day, Threatpost
- Google’s .How: Huh?, DomainInvesting.com
- Measles.com Domain Name is for Sale, DomainInvesting.com
- The DNA.org Global Domain Name Preferences Survey: 85% Type Domains Into Browsers, The Domains
- What the DNA report about new TLDs tells us, Domain Name Wire
- An acquisition helps boost 1-800-Flowers’ web sales 127% in Q2, Internet Retailer
- To Start an Ecommerce Business, Solve Problems, Practical Ecommerce
- List Building: How to Get 492% More Email Subscribers, Crazy Egg
- Research: For Many Email Marketers, the Magic is Gone, Movable Ink
- Unleash a Surge of Email Subscribers from Your Guest Posts With This Simple Landing Page Strategy, Copyblogger
General Internet Marketing
- Car Brands Are Starting to Get the Marketing Data They’ve Always Wanted, AdWeek
- Introducing .HOW: a new space for learning, Google and Your Business
- Introducing the Marketer’s Guide to Surveying Users, blog.qualaroo.com
- Super Bowl traffic stats: Verizon leads at 4.1 TB, T-Mobile trails with 430 GB – FierceWireless, fiercewireless.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Google Now Is A Mobile App Disrupter, thenextcorner.net
- Did Super Bowl Ads Score App Store Success?, appFigures
- Sony CIS Partners with Netsertive to Launch Local Digital Marketing Program, Netsertive
- Announcing version 7.0.0 of the Google Mobile Ads SDK for iOS, Google Ads Developer Blog
- Apple Pay Adoption Continues; Looming Concerns?, Practical Ecommerce
- Mobile payment adoption up 2 points as mass use remains elusive: report, Mobile Commerce Daily
- Become a Thought Leader on Twitter in 3 Months, SEMrush Blog
- TigerLogic Launches Innovative Postano® Command Center Platform, PR Newswire
- Do Brands Respond to Mentions on Twitter?, MarketingProfs
- How to Market on Instagram, Tailwind
- The 10 Super Bowl XLIX Brands That Grew the Most in Fans, Ad Age
- Instagram introduces endlessly looping videos to please advertisers, The Verge
- Vilynx Launches Intelligent In-line Video Ad Insertion Technology for Digital Publishers, blog.vilynx.com
- By 2019, 72% of Mobile Traffic Will Be Video Content [Cisco Study], reelseo.com
- YouTube Launches Multi-Angle Video Experiment, TechCrunch