Marketing Day: Facebook opens Marketplace, martech trends & social media myths
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Authority & link building with real-time Penguin
Oct 3, 2016 by Marcus Miller
Google recently released Penguin 4.0, and the Penguin filter now updates in real time. Columnist Marcus Miller explores what this means for SEO and link building.
- The myth of the duplicate content penalty
Oct 3, 2016 by Patrick Stox
There is a lot of confusion surrounding how Google handles duplicate content, but columnist Patrick Stox aims to clear it up once and for all.
- Yext literally helps drive customers to stores with ‘Ride with Uber’ integration
Oct 3, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Businesses can also send en route content and messages such as menus or offers to customers.
- Prepping SEO for 2017: it’s all about the ROI
Oct 3, 2016 by Janet Driscoll Miller
Tracking return on investment from SEO can be tricky, especially since it often assists other marketing channels. But columnist Janet Driscoll Miller lays out a plan for proving organic search’s ROI and securing budget for the next fiscal year.
- Learn to measure Account-Based Marketing
Oct 3, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
If you’re in B2B marketing today, Account-Based Marketing (ABM) is likely sitting somewhere in your 2016 initiatives. It’s an exciting concept but one that requires a ton of research, planning and grunt work. It also might not be right for your business. This guide from BrightFunnel reviews the basics of ABM and provides a framework […]
- Why call tracking helps improve PPC lead generation account performance
Oct 3, 2016 by Jeff Baum
Columnist Jeff Baum explains that when properly set up, call tracking can help you both measure the value of your PPC campaigns and optimize them for better ROI.
- Facebook’s Marketplace gets the mobile home tab that was supposed to go to Live
Oct 3, 2016 by Tim Peterson
In April Facebook said it would replace the Messenger tab on its mobile app’s home screen with one for Live. On Monday it gave the slot to Marketplace.
- What you didn’t know about recent Quality Score changes
Oct 3, 2016 by Frederick Vallaeys
Columnist Frederick Vallaeys discusses the impact of some recent AdWords changes on Quality Score and provides an updated version of a free script that calculates account-level Quality Score.
- Facebook’s Craigslist-style Marketplace isn’t open to brands, Page owners
Oct 3, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Page owners, including brands, will not be able to sell items in Facebook’s Marketplace, and there’s no way to pay for featured placement.
- The martech lowdown: 2016 trends in review and a look at our bright future
Oct 3, 2016 by James Green
What’s in store for martech? Columnist James Green takes a look at the trends in 2016 and which advancements will shape the industry next year.
- What brands should know about Facebook’s new and upcoming average watch time metrics
Oct 3, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook’s new average watch time metric may sound straightforward, but it has a twist.
- Demandbase adds AI-powered DemandGraph to generate lists of targeted accounts
Oct 3, 2016 by Barry Levine
New resource turns data about companies’ customers, interests, suppliers, deals and more into ‘business graphs’ based on relationships.
- Tackling social media myths
Oct 3, 2016 by Maggie Malek
Some of our notions about social media marketing are just plain wrong. Columnist Maggie Malek takes a look at the top misconceptions and debunks them.
- MarTech Today: Gmail’s support for responsive design, PullString’s intelligent conversation platform & more
Oct 3, 2016 by Barry Levine
Here’s our recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: Gmail finally supports responsive design: answers to 4 burning questions Sep 30, 2016 by Chad White Google has started rolling out support for responsive email design in its various Gmail clients. Columnist […]
- A CMO’s View: How The Palace’s email marketing brings Detroit Pistons fans home
Oct 3, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
As CMO for the Palace at Auburn Hills, Charlie Metzger says its his job to bring people together and provide a fantastic fan experience.
- Clinton wins Grubhub presidential ‘debate’ as diners cast votes with special discount codes
Sep 30, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Among the findings: Indian food is big with Clinton supporters; Trump supporters like Chinese food.
- How the newest Adobe-Microsoft partnership resembles ‘Jerry Maguire’
Sep 30, 2016 by Barry Levine
And what it could mean for the balance of power among the major marketing clouds.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Allstate: offline call data improved SEM performance and the customer experience
- 3 mysterious and scary ways AdWords budget creep can happen to you
- How mobile has changed the way we search, based on 10+ years of eye-tracking studies
- Google opens the AMP fire hose
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Affiliates Sued By Merchants for False Advertising, thepma.org
- Taking Your Affiliate Program Global, thepma.org
- Finding Better Mobile Analytics, Smashing Magazine
- Amazon’s Alexa sparks recruitment frenzy as it advertises 400 jobs, www.thedrum.com
- Disney shouldn’t buy Twitter, but the fact that it thought about it should terrify Big Media, www.recode.net
- Exclusive: EU wants Google to stop anti-competitive Android practices, fine expected, Reuters
- Facebook launches ‘Messenger Lite’ for those with less-powerful Android devices, 9to5 Google
- Google Home Strategy Aims to Use Chromecast to Beat Amazon Echo, variety.com
- What the Twitter Sale Reveals About Twitter, Itself, www.vanityfair.com
- The Efficient Approach to Marketing Your Business with Content, Copyblogger
- Why Content Marketing Isn’t An Overnight Win, Search Engine Journal
- The Art & Science of High-Converting Landing Page Images, www.wordstream.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 6 Ways Machine Learning Will Impact Ecommerce, Practical E-Commerce
- Amazon’s India push intensifies during the Diwali shopping season, Internet Retailer
- Survey: Consumers reward premium packaging, same day delivery, www.retaildive.com
- 7 Eye-Catching Headlines That Will Get Your Emails Opened, www.jeffbullas.com
- Email – Still the Alpha Channel, blogs.adobe.com
General Internet Marketing
- How brands are using digital marketing to reach the older generations, eConsultancy
- Where’s the bottom for Microsoft’s Internet Explorer?, Computer World
Internet Marketing Industry
- Campbell’s heats up mobile recipes via weather pattern-driven AI ads, www.mobilemarketer.com
- Chute Announces Chute Influence to Make Discovery of Influencers Hassle-Free and Effective, www.martechadvisor.com
- Martech Is Boring, but That’s a Good Thing, Ad Age
- Odds are your marketing stack is way bigger than you think it is, Chief Marketing Technologist Blog
- Programmatic Advertising Keeps Getting Better. Here’s How You Can Use It., Convince and Convert
- SYNQY Announces World’s First Open Retail-Merchandising Platform for Ecommerce, Market Wired
- What Marriott learned from its Facebook Messenger missteps, Digiday
- Android And IOS Rule Changes Could Spur New Inventory For Mobile Video Ads, Ad Exchanger
- Get More from Your Canvas Ads, 3Q Digital
- How to Circumvent Google’s Crackdown on Mobile Pop-ups, www.martechadvisor.com
- Mobile apps outpace mobile Web commerce for first time: report, Mobile Commerce Daily
- Smaato CEO: ‘Location Tells Much More About a User Than Anything Else’, Street Fight
- 26 Tips for Better Facebook Page Engagement, Social Media Examiner
- 3 Tools to Boost Social Media Traffic Conversions, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- 6 Ways Brands Can Leverage Instagram Stories, Content Marketing Institute
- Facebook Organic Reach is Dying: Here’s Why It’s a Good Thing, Unbounce
- On Twitter, Hate Speech Bounded Only by a Character Limit, New York Times
- The Most Annoying Things Brands Do on Social Media, MarketingProfs
- Most US Digital Video Ads Will Be Transacted Programmatically this Year, eMarketer
- Twitter’s pre-roll ads are slow to take off with influencers, Digiday
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech