Top 10 YouTube Ads In September: FIFA, Google Take Top 2 Spots, While H&M Debuts At No. 3
Last month's top ten YouTube video ads earned a combined 55,653,399 views, and more than 62 million minutes of watch time.
Last month’s most popular video ad on YouTube was FIFA’s “Play Beautiful.” Featuring soccer greats Messi, Aguero, Pele and Alex Morgan along with a cameo from the NBA’s Kobe Bryant, the spot generated 10 million views to rank No. 1 on YouTube’s September Ads Leaderboard.
Google’s “Google, Evolved” – an ad announcing the company’s new branding efforts – received nine million views – earning it the No. 2 spot.
Other brands to make the list included H&M, Honda and Apple, which landed two iPhone 6 spots on the list.
This was Honda’s first time to break into the top ten since August of 2013. H&M ranked No. 3 for its debut appearance on YouTube’s ad leaderboard. Other first-timers to the leaderboard included Go Sphero and Energy Online.
[pullquote]September was a prime time for technology announcements.[/pullquote]
“September was a prime time for technology announcements,” says YouTube, “Samsung highlights the built-in wireless charging feature of their Galaxy Note5 and Galaxy S6 edge+, while Apple takes users through a multitude of new features of the new iPhone 6s.”
YouTube says its top ten video ads in September earned a combined 55,653,399 views, and more than 62 million minutes of watch time.
Top 10 YouTube Ads in September
1. EA Sports FIFA: “Play Beautiful – Official TV Commercial” (10M views)
2. Google: “Google, Evolved” (9M views)
3. H&M: “Close the Loop – Sustainable fashion through recycled clothes” (8.2M views)
4. Samsung: “It’s Not a Phone, It’s a Galaxy: Wireless Charging” (7.5M views)
5. Apple: “iPhone 6s – The Only Thing That’s Changed Is…” (5.5M views)
6. Honda: “Paper” (4.3M views)
7. Energy Online: “Door knocking is so last century. See how we got rid of them.” (3.9M views)
8. Go Sphero: “BB-8 App-Enabled Droid” (2.7M views)
9. Quiznos “Burn Trials – Out of the Maze and onto the Playa” (2.6M views)
10. Apple: “iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus – Reveal” (2M views)
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.