MarTech Today: Optimizely’s OTT TV solution, Google Cloud Video Intelligence API & more
Here's our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech Today, Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech Today, MarTech and other places across the web.
From MarTech Today:
- Optimizely expands its experimentation platform to OTT TV
Mar 8, 2017 by Matt McGee
New product supports video experiments in any over-the-top TV app that uses tvOS or Android TV.
- Building your marketing technology team? Bring them to MarTech.
Mar 8, 2017 by MarTech Today
Collaborating is powerful. Harmonized teams produce superior outcomes for their organizations. That’s why you should bring your entire team to MarTech, May 9-11 in San Francisco, CA. You’ll get strategies, insights and be introduced to marketing technology solutions that accelerate your organization’s digital transformation and customers’ experiences.
- Google Cloud Video Intelligence API scans video, identifies objects & events
Mar 8, 2017 by Danny Sullivan
Need to find something fast in video? Google’s got a new machine learning solution out in private beta.
- Should PPC agencies be scared of automation?
Mar 8, 2017 by Anna Shirley
Paid search professionals might be nervous about losing their jobs to automation, but columnist Anna Shirley makes the case that PPC automation may actually benefit them.
- Google’s free Data Studio now available globally with improved features
Mar 8, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Users can now save and reuse data filters, add Google Analytics segments and more.
From Marketing Land:
- Salesforce opens its Einstein AI layer to all customers
Mar 8, 2017 by Matt McGee
Spring product announcements also include launch of new Einstein Vision platform with image recognition capabilities for developers.
- Bot-to-bot marketing is coming soon. Are you ready?
Mar 8, 2017 by Barry Levine
Martech’s future isn’t only about bots and agents talking to consumers. Here’s what it means when they start talking to other bots and agents.
- Hyundai tops a Super Bowl-heavy list of YouTube’s most popular ads from February
Mar 8, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Of the 10 most-watched YouTube ads last month, nine were Super Bowl spots.
- 3 free AdWords testing tools to adopt today
Mar 8, 2017 by Todd Saunders
Columnist Todd Saunders discusses the importance of data-fueled decision-making with regard to ad copy and suggests a few tools to help you test and optimize your search ads.
- Why you need to get back to SEO basics
Mar 8, 2017 by Ryan Shelley
You can be well-versed on all the latest SEO trends, but columnist Ryan Shelley notes that you need to get the fundamentals down first.
- There’s still time to feed your search marketing obsession @ SMX West
Mar 8, 2017 by Marketing Land
We’re just 2 weeks away from Search Engine Land’s SMX West, the premier marketing conference for search obsessed professionals! What’s in it for you! Join us March 21-23 for more than 100 dynamic and authoritative speakers, keynotes, exceptional networking (including our featured Google Dance!) and more.
- The art of quick qualification: Use these 4 tips for more meaningful trade show conversations
Mar 8, 2017 by Polly Alluf
Whether you’re a trade show veteran or attending your first event, contributor Polly Alluf’s tips will help you engage with attendees and make a connection.
- MEC’s Noah Mallin: For advertisers, Snapchat has ‘tremendous promise’ [Podcast]
Mar 8, 2017 by Matt McGee
In this week’s Marketing Land Live, marketing exec Noah Mallin explains how Snapchat is starting to pull its advertising products together in a coherent way and why he thinks Netflix may ultimately be a better comparison than Facebook and Twitter.
- Study: Google Home has more answers than Amazon Echo
Mar 8, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Stone Temple Consulting asked both devices 5,000 questions to see which one is smarter. Google Home won, but how much does it matter?
- Three must-read Account-Based Marketing trends for 2017
Mar 7, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Data-driven Account-Based Marketing (ABM) is creating a digital revolution and rewriting the rules of B2B marketing as we know them. In this ebook from Oracle, you’ll learn how programmatic media is dramatically improving the scale, automation and impact of ABM efforts.
From Around The Web:
- 20+ Best Ad Management Plugins for WordPress in 2017, WPExplorer
- 6 of 14 rules for marketing like a billion-dollar martech unicorn, Chief Marketing Technologist
- AI is about to change the digital advertising landscape forever, Econsultancy
- CallRail Launches SMS Tracking for Easy-to-Analyze Marketing Campaigns, PR Web
- Can your Marketing Automation Stack Propel your ABM Efforts?, MarTech Advisor
- How Big Is Your Marketing Stack?, Contently
- IDG Launches Pipeline Activator, IDG
- InMoment Launches Discover, a First-of-its-Kind CX Intelligence Tool, Business Wire
- Investment in Marketing Technology Increasing, eMarketer
- Making the Case for Identity Management Technology, eMarketer
- Marketers Cautious About Emerging Tech Investments, Bynder Says, CMS Wire
- Why Machine Learning Is a Game-Changer for Social Media Managers, Adweek
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.