Marketing Day: Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Facebook Trending Topics & machine learning
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Salesforce puts Lightning into its Marketing Cloud
May 10, 2016 by Barry Levine
The Marketing Cloud now integrates more closely with its fellow clouds, as the company also announces email and advertising updates and a new Marketing Cloud app.
- 5 ways SEO and PR should be working together
May 10, 2016 by Erin Everhart
When it comes to digital marketing, SEO and PR go together like peanut butter and jelly. Columnist Erin Everhart explains how these two teams can combine forces to benefit each other and the business as a whole.
- The morality clause in digital marketing
May 10, 2016 by Rebecca Lieb
What if a project or client isn’t in line with your own personal ethics and values? Columnist Rebecca Lieb tackles that question and offers some guidance on when to say no.
- Senate launches inquiry into allegations of slanted Facebook Trending Topics
May 10, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Is Facebook manipulating the Trending Topics? The US Senate wants to know.
- Henny Penny and the state of digital marketing: The sky is not falling
May 10, 2016 by Chris Glushko
Columnist and IAB VP of Marketing Chris Glushko says that despite digital advertising’s challenges, it’s continuing to grow at a rapid pace, and brands are getting better at harnessing its power.
- Facebook brings its retargeted ads to Instagram, travel brands
May 10, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook’s Dynamic Ads (née Dynamic Product Ads) can now be seen on Instagram and show not only products, but also hotel room pricing and availability.
- MarTech Landscape: What is machine learning and why should marketers care?
May 10, 2016 by Barry Levine
Self-adjusting pattern recognition is becoming as commonplace to marketing tools as the cloud, and it is changing what marketers do.
- Facebook now lets brands target ads based on how much time, money you spent on their sites, apps
May 10, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook has added new options to its Website Custom Audiences targeting to let brands suss out the most valuable members of their site and app audiences.
- Success is an illusion if you can’t measure it; learn how at SocialPro
May 10, 2016 by Marketing Land
Driving traffic through earned/owned and paid social media advertising is the beginning of the journey. The rubber meets the road when visitors interact with landing pages and become customers. And social media marketers need to prove their mettle, not just speculate about their accomplishments. SocialPro has sessions designed to help you demonstrate the results you’re achieving.
- Will personal marketing become the new mantra for political campaigns?
May 10, 2016 by Melody Gambino
As the 2016 presidential election draws ever closer, columnist Melody Gambino has some advice for the Republican and Democratic parties on data-driven marketing and how it could benefit their campaigns.
- Facebook responds to allegations that Trending Topics are rigged
May 10, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Are Facebook Trending Topics slanted? One might think so, based on an anonymous report. Not so fast, says Facebook.
- Periscope is adding search options, drone broadcasts & making it easier to save live videos
May 9, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Users will soon be able to search and categorize live broadcasts by topics like travel, music and food.
- Deep-dish digital: The most Instagrammed restaurants in America
May 9, 2016 by Chris Kerns
Columnist Chris Kerns dives into the data from branded hashtags across the US to bring marketers insight into what social data reveals about brands and consumers.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Copy & paste comes to Bing Ads UI
- How to make SEO a company-wide habit
- Beyond authority: guiding metrics for lasting links
- Chinese scrutiny of Baidu ads after bogus cancer treatment causes death
- Google Search Console updated the Search Analytics report & adds Knowledge Graph, local & Rich Snippets
- Yahoo Gemini launches retargeting for search and native ads in US
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Digital Marketing Metrics We Could Live Without, www.goinflow.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 10 Ways to Squeeze More Value out of Your Long-Form Blog Post, blog.crazyegg.com
- Google’s head of advertising talks ad blocking, mobile and micropayments, techcrunch.com
- Microsoft Shuts Chinese Web Portal as It Shifts Focus There, Wall Street Journal
- Yahoo buyers welcome ‘rational’ new board members as a second round of bidding proceeds with mega-meetings, www.recode.net
- How to Create Content Like a Marketing Guru Without Actually Being One, www.jeffbullas.com
- How to Create Insanely Good Content Part 2: Shape a One Page Market Strategy, blogs.constantcontact.com
- How To Create Must-Read Recurring Content Columns, heidicohen.com
- How to Make B-to-B Content Sexy, adage.com
- Interactive Content: The Good, Bad, and Wicked Cool, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Kill These 12 Content Marketing Software Bugs (It’s Not What You Think), www.marketingprofs.com
- 3 Web Analytics Mistakes Killing Your Business, thegood.com
- How to Develop a Lead Magnet Strategy, ignitevisibility.com
- How to Write a High-Converting ‘Start Here’ Page, www.copyblogger.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- A collection of useful tips for online copywriting that works, econsultancy.com
- DX Leaders: ‘Transport Customers to Immersive, Virtual Environments’, www.cmswire.com
- For More Meaningful Copy, Think Like a Fiction Writer, unbounce.com
- Improving Persona Usability For Goal-Oriented UX, usabilitygeek.com
- Truly Fluid Typography, www.smashingmagazine.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Why Programmatic is the Future of Digital Display Advertising, www.adweek.com
- Amazon Echo VP Mike George talks Alexa security and simplifying search, techcrunch.com
- Ecommerce Page Titles Key for Shoppers, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Quality Product Content Prevents Online Shopping Cart Abandonment, www.retaildive.com
- 9 welcome emails that had us at “Hello”, myemma.com
- How Email Can Help Publishers Overcome Ad Blockers, www.martechadvisor.com
- Mobile Email Marketing Optimization: Tips for beginner and advanced marketers from four experts, sherpablog.marketingsherpa.com
General Internet Marketing
- Great Marketing Is About Understanding People, Not Tools, mackcollier.com
- Secure Your CEO as a Marketing Champion by Focusing on These Four Areas, www.marketingprofs.com
- Top tips for developing a digital marketing strategy, www.branded3.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Clarion selects SDL’s digital experience and language solutions to launch 44 websites in 39 languages, www.sdl.com
- Jetlore Launches Support for Multiple Content Types in Personalized Experiences Across Channels, www.globenewswire.com
- Videotel Digital SENSE Solution Grabs Attention at Digital Signage Expo 2016 in Las Vegas, Literally, www.prweb.com
- Act-On Launches First True Multi-Channel Account-Based Marketing Automation Solution, www.martechadvisor.com
- Can You Squeeze Real Value from Artificial Intelligence?, www.cmswire.com
- Most Ad Tech Buyers Manage DMPs Internally, www.emarketer.com
- 4 Marketing Tips for a Successful Mobile Strategy, www.toprankblog.com
- Adobe Adds Mobile Location Data to Its Audience Platform, adage.com
- Driving Product Demand on Mobile, blog.business.instagram.com
- Majority of apps lost over 10% of downloads due to last week’s App Store glitches, techcrunch.com
- People-Based Marketing: How to Reach Customers Across Screens and Devices, www.adweek.com
- 5 Factors Making Your Site More (or Less) Credible, conversionxl.com
- Google Reputation Repair Kit infographic, www.trackur.com
- “What If Social Media Isn’t Good Enough?” and Other Fears Holding Us Back, simplymeasured.com
- Facebook Moments launches in the EU & Canada without facial recognition, techcrunch.com
- Facebook Website Custom Audience Enhancements: Hands On, www.jonloomer.com
- Hearst is betting on Snapchat Discover pop-up channels, digiday.com
- How the Facebook News Feed Works: Changes Marketers Need to Know, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How to Go From Collecting Fans to Social That Works, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Instagram Feeds Worth Following: 5 Brands With 5 Lessons for B2B Marketers, www.komarketingassociates.com
- LinkedIn Developing Its Own Version of Facebook Instant Articles?, www.adweek.com
- The Science Behind the Most Popular Infographics, www.marketingprofs.com
- These Data Visualizations Show How Facebook and Instagram Users Reacted to Prince’s Unexpected Death, www.adweek.com
- Twitter Says Users Now Trust Influencers Nearly as Much as Their Friends, www.adweek.com
- Why Items From Your Shopping Cart May Start Showing Up in Your Instagram Feed, www.adweek.com
- A Q&A With Upworthy’s Head of Video, www.newswhip.com
- Artists Claim YouTube Pays Them Less Than Spotify. Are They Right?, www.fastcompany.com
- Because retro is in — announcing historical data in the YouTube Reporting API, youtube-eng.blogspot.com
- DigitasLBi to Create Live-Streamed Morning Show on Facebook, www.adweek.com
- Grabbing Attention: How Facebook Realized and Capitalized on Consumer Appetite for Video, www.emarketer.com
- Here Are the 10 Most-Viewed 360-Degree Facebook Videos by Brands, www.adweek.com
- How to Host a Blab From Your Smartphone, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Most Popular 360 Videos on Facebook: 2016, media.fb.com