Marketing Day: Email Marketing Report, Facebook Building Video Hub & Twitter Layoffs
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the Web.
From Marketing Land:
- Email Delivery Report Finds 21% Of Marketing Emails Fail To Reach Consumer Inboxes
Oct 13, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Return Path found that email deliverability rates have dropped from 83% last year to 79% in 2015.
- Watch Out, YouTube: Facebook Is Finally Building A Video Hub
Oct 13, 2015 by Martin Beck
Pushing into territory dominated by Google’s video platform, Facebook is testing a dedicated spot for people looking to watch video on the social network.
- Don’t Waste Marketing Leads: Achieve Revenue Goals With Sales Enablement
Oct 13, 2015 by Mary Wallace
Columnist Mary Wallace explains the ins and outs of sales enablement and how it can help you improve the customer experience and increase sales productivity.
- iOS 9 Content Blocking Reports For Google Analytics
Oct 13, 2015 by Ben Goodsell
Want to get an idea of how many visitors you’re losing to content blocking apps on iOS 9? Columnist Ben Goodsell provides this handy how-to for Google Analytics users.
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Confirms Company Will Lay Off 336 Employees
Oct 13, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
In an email to all employees, Dorsey confirmed biggest cuts will come from the company’s product and engineering teams.
- Can The Timehop Concept Work For Email Marketing?
Oct 13, 2015 by Jason Warnock
Columnist Jason Warnock believes marketers can apply the ideas behind the popular flashback app to create a powerful email marketing strategy.
- Simply Measured Acquires Social Intelligence Firm DataRank
Oct 13, 2015 by Martin Beck
Social analytics firm adds Y Combinator company that focuses on ranking and organizing online conversations about brands.
- Mobile CPMs Now Higher And Growing Faster Than Desktop [Study]
Oct 13, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
A new study finds mobile CPMs are outpacing desktop, with growth coming foremost from iOS mobile app ads.
- Report: Mobile To Dominate Programmatic Advertising, Leave Desktop In The Dust
Oct 13, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Digital ad forecaster eMarketer is asserting that the majority of US display advertising dollars will be bought through programmatic channels by 2017. Furthermore, most of that will be mobile. A new report from the company estimates that mobile programmatic advertising will be worth roughly $9.33 billion in 2015.
- Virtual Reality: Google Cardboard vs. Facebook’s Oculus Like Android vs. iOS
Oct 12, 2015 by Greg Sterling
The question hanging over Virtual Reality (VR) is whether it will truly become “the next great technology platform that’s going to define the way we all connect in the future,” as Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has predicted.
- What Marketers Need To Know About Facebook’s New & Existing Product Ads
Oct 12, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
With a new Canvas ad format and a dedicated Shopping section, Facebook is upping its focus on mobile e-commerce solutions.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Holidays Are Comin’: Preparing Your Paid Search Programs For The Festive Season
- 10 Worst Link-Building Habits
- Meet A Landy Award Winner: How SearchMarketers.com Won Overall Small Business SEM Initiative For Its Surf Air Campaign
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Affiliate Toolbars, Adware and Malware: 18 Resources to Study, www.amnavigator.com
- 7 Ways to Make the Most of Your Marketing Data, thedma.org
- Searching for Goldilocks: ‘Just Right’ Analytics Prove Elusive, www.cmswire.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 11 Ways to Get an ROI from Your Blog Comments, blog.crazyegg.com
- Digital Democracy: The Yahoo Conference on Technology & Politics, yahoo.tumblr.com
- Google Acquires Divshot To Join Its Firebase Team, Will Shut Down In December, TechCrunch
- Google registers two new drone designs with the FAA, www.theverge.com
- Toyota Partners with Yahoo and Live Nation to Extend Music Initiatives, yahoo.tumblr.com
- 5 Ways to Use Fan Content to Improve Your ROI, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- CMI Releases its 2016 Content Marketing Survey, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Content Budgets Rise as Measurement Advances, adage.com
- Does Your Content Marketing Agency Practice What it Preaches?, www.verticalmeasures.com
- Is native advertising the answer to ad blocking?, econsultancy.com
- Nine free content planning tools to kickstart your campaign, econsultancy.com
- 5 Surprising A/B Test Results from Successful Entrepreneurs, unbounce.com
- Using Cohort Analysis for Conversion Optimization, conversionxl.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 5 Essential Skills for Content Marketing Copywriters Today, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 5 Reasons Not to Hire a Friend to Build Your Website, www.verticalresponse.com
- Top Five Must Have Website Elements to Increase Sales, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 4 Ways to Improve Ecommerce Security for the Holidays, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Alibaba to Open Offices in Europe as U.S. Expansion Continues, www.internetretailer.com
- Consumers to Retailers: Tell Us If You Have a Deal, www.emarketer.com
- Rock Your Holidays With a Great Promotion, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Seven out of eight Brits and Germans shop online, www.internetretailer.com
General Internet Marketing
- Digital Marketers Continue to Seek Ways to Rise Above the Crowd, www.komarketingassociates.com
- How Google’s Head Of Marketing Handles 20 Meetings A Day, www.fastcompany.com
- It Takes a Network for CMOs to Stay on Top, www.cmswire.com
- What your competitors can teach you about your digital marketing, blogs.constantcontact.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Drawbridge Now Offers 100%-Viewable Guarantee Across Devices, www.webwire.com
- Local Media Consortium Partners with Lotame, www.localmediaconsortium.com
- MediaMath Appoints Ad Industry Veteran Joanna O’Connell as Chief Marketing Officer, www.martechadvisor.com
- Optimizely Raises $58 Million to Optimize the World, blog.optimizely.com
- Personalization Platform Boomtrain Snags $12M In Series A, Gets Personal With CBS Interactive, adexchanger.com
- Samsung VP-Marketing & Operations Exec Vince Hudson Resigns, adage.com
- Spredfast Summit Premieres Innovation and Spurs Inspiration, www.businesswire.com
- 100 Local Business Leaders Will Converge at Yelp HQ for Historic Event, officialblog.yelp.com
- Getting Started With Wearables: How To Plan, Build And Design, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Google Makes Its Single Sign-On Solution Compatible With More Enterprise Apps, techcrunch.com
- Lack Of Transparency Causes $10 Billion Loss In Mobile, www.mediapost.com
- Mobile Drives Canada’s Programmatic Growth, www.emarketer.com
- Only 6 Percent of Franchises Prioritize Mobile, smallbiztrends.com
- Top Free Android Apps in August, www.similarweb.com
- What is a mobile marketing platform and why a brand needs one, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Will Wearables Wipe Out the Smartphone?, adage.com
- 5 Experts Tell You Precisely How to Use Social Listening in the Real World, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 5 Tips for creating successful campaigns on Instagram, www.internetretailer.com
- Digital Innovation & Social Good with Instagram, thedma.org
- Facebook Messenger: inside Mark Zuckerberg’s app for everything, www.wired.co.uk
- How Gibson Guitars Generated Over 130K in Twitter Engagement, simplymeasured.com
- How Priceline Uses Instagram to Build Fan Engagement, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How to Increase Your Reach on Any Social Network, blog.bufferapp.com
- How to Use Facebook Lead Ads, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Snapchat To Shut Down Snap Channel, Laying Off Team, Changing Content Plans, deadline.com
- Twitter suspends two sports accounts after video sharing complaints: NYT, www.reuters.com
- Who’s Leading the Way for Marketers Among the Biggest Social Networks?, www.adweek.com
- 10 successful homepages that show the trend for video backgrounds, econsultancy.com
- Buzzfeed Announces Launch of Native Video Political Ads, www.martechadvisor.com
- Despite Obstacles, Programmatic Video Advertising Maturation Advances, www.emarketer.com
- Is the YouTube Algorithm Becoming Too Predictable?, www.reelseo.com
New on MarTech