Marketing Day: More Amazon Dash buttons, Interview with Salesforce VP & DocuSign’s CMO
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Amazon adds 100 new Dash buttons & triples the number of available brands
Mar 31, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
The e-commerce giant says Dash button orders have jumped 75 percent over the last three months.
- Salesforce VP: In the age of predictive and self-learning tech, marketing is turning into goal-setting
Mar 31, 2016 by Barry Levine
Marketers, Leslie Fine said, will increasingly focus more on their destinations and less on the step-by-step turns to get there.
- Video ads are coming to Facebook Instant Articles
Mar 31, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Facebook Instant Articles open to all publishers on April 12, and publishers will be encouraged to take part and make money on advertising with video ads.
- DocuSign CMO aims to bring his brand to life by giving it more of an emotional POW!
Mar 31, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Get to Know: DocuSign CMO Brad Brooks
- A century of celebrating Mom: smart ad strategies for the mother of all holidays
Mar 31, 2016 by John Cosley
Want to make the most of your paid search campaigns this Mother’s Day? Columnist John Cosley of Bing Ads shares Mother’s Day insights for digital marketers.
- Is your marketing organization struggling with the pace of digital? “Hacking Marketing” is the answer [Review]
Mar 31, 2016 by Chris Elwell
Scott Brinker’s book explains how modern marketers should adopt software development practices. Columnist and Third Door Media CEO Chris Elwell reviews the new release.
- Are our leading brands also optimization leaders?
Mar 31, 2016 by Brian Massey
Are well-known brand name e-tailers taking advantage of the tools available for optimization? Columnist Brian Massey shares his analysis of 7 top sites.
- Want real results from social? Start paying.
Mar 31, 2016 by Blaise Lucey
If you think your organic social media posts are delivering diminishing returns, you’re not wrong. Columnist Blaise Lucey explains why pay-to-play is becoming the new norm for all social marketing.
- 5 engaging visual content formats that aren’t infographics
Mar 31, 2016 by Kerry Jones
Are you producing infographics on autopilot? Columnist Kerry Jones shares innovative content formats which may communicate your message more effectively.
- Ad network AdTheorent can now forecast if you’re likely to visit a physical store after seeing an ad
Mar 31, 2016 by Barry Levine
Partnership with location analytics provider Placed tracks which ad-targeted users actually visit, so its machine learning-created model can predict others.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Think cross-channel to build stronger marketing
- AdGooroo releases travel and retail keyword results after Google’s right rail ad change
- First-page minimum bids continue to rise in wake of Google desktop SERP changes
- From waste to win: watch how a simple change affects AdWords performance
- New report from the Local Search Association on SMB advertiser churn
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Study: Marketers Are Measuring Their Lead Gen All Wrong, contently.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 4 Tips for Finding the Right Blog Length in 2016, www.searchinfluence.com
- 7 Reference Guides for Successful Blogging in 2016, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Do Blogs Still Matter For Your Business Strategy? You Betcha!, heidicohen.com
- How to Blog from the Heart, www.problogger.net
- How to optimize your food blog, yoast.com
- Internet trade group endorses TPP, thehill.com
- Nest Revenue Around $340 Million Last Year, but Budget Troubles Ahead, recode.net
- A Take on 3 Confusing Content Terms, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Buzzfeed-ication of Content and an Omni-Device World: Is Your Marketing Ready?, thedma.org
- Content creators, it’s time to abandon yourself to Facebook, econsultancy.com
- Creating a Great White Paper, www.copypress.com
- How To Create Content To Attract Social Shares, www.searchenginepeople.com
- How to Pull Curious Content Junkies From Your Lead Pool, www.cmswire.com
- Six Ways Thinking Like a Cartoonist Boosts Your Content Marketing, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Three Steps to Maximizing ROI in a New Era of Content, www.marketingprofs.com
- Why Marketers Don’t Personalize Content, www.emarketer.com
- 4 Things Steve Jobs can Teach Us About CRO, www.searchenginejournal.com
- A Crash Course on A/B Testing Facebook Ad Campaigns, conversionxl.com
- How the Right Visual Can Transform Any Landing Page, www.blogherald.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 5 Tips for Spotless Marketing Copy, blog.marketo.com
- Over 20 Companies Fighting For .org Contract, domainincite.com
- Over 53% Of New gTLD Are Registered In China: Just Over 10% By Those In US, www.thedomains.com
- 3 ways online retailers can win customers’ trust, www.internetretailer.com
- Facebook’s Chat App Won’t Be an Overnight Sensation for E-commerce Players, www.adweek.com
- Native ads in retailers’ apps get more relevant with real-time data, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Retail Execs Plan Omnichannel Fulfillment Initiatives, www.emarketer.com
- Scaling Your e-Commerce Business with Steve Chou, www.amyporterfield.com
- Subtle Ways to Personalize the Shopping Experience, multichannelmerchant.com
- 25 Proven Steps to Achieve Email Marketing Magic, www.verticalresponse.com
- April Fools’ Day Emails Done Right, blog.movableink.com
- Discover How to Increase Effectiveness of Lifecycle Email Marketing, www.martechadvisor.com
- How to Build Your List Through the Amazon Kindle Store, blog.crazyegg.com
- Make Your Cold Prospecting Emails Feel a Little Less Cold, unbounce.com
- The elements of a top-notch April Fool’s Day email, myemma.com
General Internet Marketing
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Account-based Marketing, www.martechadvisor.com
- Let Demographics Help Guide Your Marketing Strategy, www.marketingprofs.com
- Online “Influencers” Become Hot Assets, www.wsj.com
- The Importance of Brand Ambassadors in the Digital Age, multichannelmerchant.com
- The Millenial marketing myth, www.usertesting.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Email Marketing Leader PostUp Expands Leadership Team Following Record Business Growth, www.marketwired.com
- SheKnows Media to Acquire Women’s Health Company HelloFlo, www.businesswire.com
- 15 Key Visualizations & Diagrams From #MarTech 2016, www.komarketingassociates.com
- Mindshare’s Perspective On Ad Tech, adexchanger.com
- Evaluating a mobile data platform: Why certain “proof points” can be misleading, venturebeat.com
- Hey Microsoft, how many apps are in the Windows Store?, venturebeat.com
- How ad blocking will affect mobile marketing, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- How to Make Your Mobile App Stand Out in the Crowded App Store, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to make your site mobile friendly, www.branded3.com
- Mobile must fuel decision-making for marketing and retail, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Mobile now captures 2 out of every 3 digital media minutes in U.S., venturebeat.com
- Twitter Considers a Standalone Messaging App, recode.net
- Average Number of Social Media Followers for B2B? LinkedIn Kills It, smallbiztrends.com
- Do you need to be on that new social media platform?, econsultancy.com
- Everything You Need to Know About Snapchat Chat 2.0, blog.bufferapp.com
- Facebook Messenger can now be your boarding pass on KLM flights, www.theverge.com
- Facebook’s New Reaction Buttons: A Game Changer For Advertisers?, adexchanger.com
- Has LinkedIn Made the Classic “Jack of All Trades” Mistake?, www.adweek.com
- How SMBs Are Using Social Media, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to Build a Peer Network to Increase Your Social Reach, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Instagram is coaching advertisers to approach it exactly the same way they do Facebook, digiday.com
- Instagram Updates Overlay for Action-Driving Ads, www.adweek.com
- The 5 Most Common Misses in Social Strategy Development, simplymeasured.com
- The Atlantic’s verdict on Facebook Instant Articles: “Jury’s still out”, digiday.com
- Trend report: What’s popular on Pinterest this month, blog.pinterest.com
- 7 Prominent Personalities Who Got Fame Through YouTube, www.jeffbullas.com
- How One Company Is Using Virtual Reality Video For Brand Storytelling, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How publishers are adapting their video strategies in the age of platforms, digiday.com
- The Age of Video Advertising: 10 Ways to Optimize This Growing Trend, www.tune.com
- TubeMogul Partners With Facebook to Help Brands Extend TV Audience Reach to Digital, www.adweek.com
- Video Social Networks Show Rapid Growth, smallbiztrends.com