Marketing Day: Facebook opens Watch, Unilever says no to paid followers & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Debra Mastaler on June 19, 2018 at 4:00 pm
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook opens up Watch to creators & adds video features to take on YouTube
Jun 19, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
Aiming to design a more YouTube-like landscape for creators, Facebook is broadening its video options and opening the door to Watch.
- B2B marketers must prove contribution to revenue
Jun 19, 2018 by Patricia Hursh
Marketing priorities have changed. Today’s B2B marketers must focus on KPIs, says contributor Patricia Hursh. Here are tips and tactics to show how marketing programs contribute positively to the bottom line.
- Media Trust warns of malware in HTML5 ads
Jun 19, 2018 by Barry Levine
It’s now booming, says this monitoring service of ads and other third-party code, and marketers need to get in control of their ads.
- Evrythng launches a blockchain-utilizing orchestration hub for consumer products
Jun 19, 2018 by Barry Levine
The hub is designed to support tracking of product origins, unique product identities and user rewards.
- SMX Advanced 2018 Session Recap: Storytelling with Social Ads that Sell
Jun 19, 2018 by Joe Martinez
Contributor Joe Martinez recaps a session of rock-star paid social media marketers sharing how you can use social media to engage, entertain and motivate readers through the sales funnel.
- 5 things to check if your traffic suddenly drops
Jun 19, 2018 by Sponsored Content: SEO PowerSuite
No one’s immune to traffic drops, and the causes may be easy to overlook. Still, to avoid barking up the wrong tree, gather the evidence first: look closely at the overall stats for a long enough period in your Google Analytics to see if the traffic spike really looks out of place.
- Unilever stops working with digital media influencers who buy followers
Jun 18, 2018 by Robin Kurzer
The call echoes the CPG giant’s similar demand for more transparency in programmatic advertising earlier this year.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Sneak peek: MarTech agenda highlights just for you
Jun 19, 2018 by MarTech Today
Grab your hard hats — You’re entering a construction zone. Scott Brinker, the architect of MarTech®, is hard at work building out a new agenda for our next event happening October 1-3 in Boston. The blueprints are drawn, materials delivered and foundation poured.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Building a triple-looped Growth model for newspapers, Kevin Indig
- Healthcare Content Marketing Success Happens with Whole Person Strategy, Skyword
- How to Convert Email Contacts into Messenger Subscribers, Mobile Monkey
- Measuring ROI of Social Media Marketing Still a Pain Point, KoMarketing
- The Shadow Reader, Improved, AMP