Top 10 YouTube ads in September: Apple ranks No. 1, Clash Royale wins 3 spots
With two ads in the top 5, Apple earns 20.6M views. Clash Royale generates more than 16M views.
Apple’s “Introducing iPhone 7” spot was the most popular ad on YouTube in September, generating 15.9 million views.
Not only did Apple rank No. 1 on YouTube’s list of top 10 ads last month, it also had a spot at No. 5 — “iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus in 107 seconds” — that earned the brand an additional 4.7 million views — giving Apple a combined 20.6 million views.
Supercell’s Clash Royale — a regular leader on YouTube’s ad leaderboard — saw a combined 16.5 million views, with three ads in the top 10: “Theme Song” at No. 3, “Enemies” at No. 6 and “Knife Fight” at No. 7.
September saw some newcomers as well, with AT&T, Clearsil and Best Fiends (a video game from Seriously) all making their debut on YouTube’s ad leaderboard.
According to YouTube’s data, September’s top 10 ads generated 1.6 million hours of watch time and a combined 75.1 million views.
YouTube’s Top 10 ads in September
1. Apple: Introducing iPhone 7 (15.9M views)
2. Amazon Echo: #JustAsk (12.6M views)
3. Clash Royale: Theme Song — Official TV Commercial (8.4M views)
4. Clearasil: Every High School Ever (8.3M views)
5. Apple: iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus in 107 seconds (4.7M views)
6. Clash Royale: Enemies (4.4M views)
7. Clash Royale: Knife Fight (3.7M views)
8. AT&T: The Unseen | It Can Wait (3.3M views)
9. Lyft: Undercover Lyft with Demi Lovato (3.3M views)
10. Fiends: WARNING: Don’t Download Best Fiends! (3M views)
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech