MarTech Today: Walmart/Jet.com, Google’s FaceTime competitor & AMP error warnings
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: Can the Walmart/Jet.com marriage work? Aug 16, 2016 by Barry Levine We checked in with a variety of industry observers to see if this particular couple looks like a winner. What Pokémon […]
Barry Levine on August 17, 2016 at 9:00 am | Reading time: 2 minutes
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Can the Walmart/Jet.com marriage work?
Aug 16, 2016 by Barry Levine
We checked in with a variety of industry observers to see if this particular couple looks like a winner.
- What Pokémon Go can teach us about email marketing
Aug 16, 2016 by Jason Warnock
Columnist Jason Warnock takes a look at the massive success of Pokémon Go and what email marketers can learn from some of its most notable features.
- Google launches FaceTime competitor, video-calling app Duo
Aug 16, 2016 by Greg Sterling
New app, first announced at Google I/O, is simple and cross-platform.
- Google Hangouts On Air moving from Google+ to YouTube Live on September 12
Aug 15, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Any events currently scheduled after September 12 using Google+ will need to be moved to YouTube Live.
- Facebook restricts Messenger bots to 24-hour window, adds subscriptions
Aug 15, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook Messenger bots can now send promotional messages, but only within 24 hours of someone interacting with the bot.
- Google showing the site owner AMP implementation error warnings in search results
Aug 16, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
AMP error notifications now are showing in the core search results, but only if you are the site’s owner.
From Around The Web:
- 8 Cool Marketing Analysis Tools for Data Junkies, www.wordstream.com
- LinkedIn sues anonymous data scrapers, techcrunch.com
- Snapchat is acquiring search startup Vurb, qz.com
- How PageSpeed is Affected by Certain Scripts, www.webranking.com
- Using artificial intelligence to create invisible UI, techcrunch.com
- Lotame Launches Data Stream to Provide Rich, Scalable Consumer Data to Global Enterprises, www.marketwired.com
- Ooyala Introduces New Turnkey OTT Solution, Ooyala AppStudio, www.ooyala.com
- Machine Intelligence 2.0 in charts and graphs, venturebeat.com
- AMP Roadmap Update for Mid-Q3 2016, amphtml.wordpress.com