Marketing Day: Facebook ad errors, NASA on Pinterest & media suppliers
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- NASA has created official accounts on Pinterest and Giphy and they’re pretty great
Dec 9, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
NASA has made a super smart move to showcase amazing graphics through dedicated Pinterest and Giphy accounts.
- Invoca embeds IBM’s Watson so call centers can better understand their customers
Dec 9, 2016 by Barry Levine
Companies say this is the first use of the supercomputing service for marketing-focused call intelligence.
- PullString opens up its conversational platform for Amazon Alexa skills
Dec 9, 2016 by Barry Levine
The availability of the PullString platform means brands are now getting more options for developing their interactive personalities through intelligent voice agents.
- “Power of search” keeps Google #1 with WPP; Facebook poised for #2; Snapchat gaining
Dec 9, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Search and YouTube help Google dominate as WPP’s largest media supplier.
- For online retailers, second time’s the charm
Dec 9, 2016 by Lewis Gersh
Many online retailers see a big bump in business in December. Then those buyers disappear when the holidays end. Columnist Lewis Gersh advises how to convert those first-time buyers into second-time buyers and eventually loyal customers.
- Invaluable B2B marketing hacks we can learn from publishers
Dec 9, 2016 by Scott Vaughan
Columnist Scott Vaughan shares some of the ways his experience in the media and publishing world has shaped the strategies and tactics he’s applied to his B2B marketing efforts.
- When to launch holiday-themed email campaigns: A playbook for marketers
Dec 9, 2016 by Jason Warnock
It’s time to start thinking about your email marketing strategy for 2017! To help you plan ahead, columnist Jason Warnock takes a look at when three leading retail brands executed their holiday-themed email campaigns.
- A CMO’s View: For PepsiCo, martech is central to shaping the consumer experience
Dec 9, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
PepsiCo CMO Seth Kaufman shares how his teams are using martech across the brand’s entire product line.
- Facebook discloses new measurement errors, continues to hone its math
Dec 9, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook misreported engagement numbers for links and live videos and is refining the ad reach estimates it shows advertisers.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Another Record Breaking Black Friday, blog.affiliatewindow.com
- PMA Announces 2017 Board of Directors, thepma.org
- Thanksgiving to Cyber Monday Success, blog.cj.com
- 5 Techniques to Help You Truly Understand Your Customers, KISS Metrics
Blogs & Blogging
- GoDaddy Acquires WP Curve, Aims to Become a One-Stop Shop for WordPress Professionals, wptavern.com
- How You Can Protect the Login Page in WordPress, www.wpexplorer.com
- Fixing Native Advertising: What Consumers Want From Brands, Publishers, and the FTC, Contently
- How to Create Content People Actually Search For, Content Marketing Institute
- 10 web design and UX trends to boost conversions in 2017, www.usertesting.com
- What is Confidence Level? The Conversion Rate Optimization Glossary, Crazy Egg
- 10 notable NameJet sales from last month, Domain Name Wire
- Google Acquires Debug.com, The Domains
- Cyber Monday 2016 by the numbers, myemma.com
- Does Visual Search Improve Ecommerce Conversions?, Practical Ecommerce
- Eleven Consecutive Billion-Dollar Days of Online Desktop Spending from Thanksgiving through Cyber Week Mark the Longest Streak Ever, comScore
- Helping website newcomers find their way around can boost sales, Internet Retailer
- Shoppers aren’t buying on Pinterest as much as Macy’s expected, Internet Retailer
- 15 Industry Experts Share Their #1 Email List Building Tactic, AWeber
- 3 Holiday Email Design Best Practices for 2016, AWeber
- 7 Email Marketing Practices to Leave Behind in the New Year, blogs.constantcontact.com
- America’s Relationship With Work Email, www.reachmail.net
- Holiday Email Report: The Aftermath of Cyber Week (11/28-12/04), Movable Ink
- Introducing our new & improved Salesforce integration, myemma.com
- Looking Back on a Year of List Management Tips, blog.mailchimp.com
General Internet Marketing
- SnapApp Unveils “The Campaign Confidence Gap” Report, Uncovering Challenges and Areas of Opportunity for B2B Marketers, PR Web
Internet Marketing Industry
- Marchex and 7 Partnership Delivers Digital Marketing Automation for Inbound Call Campaigns, www.businesswire.com
- AdRoll Lays Off Staff, fortune.com
- Global business wins drive international expansion for Infectious Media, www.infectiousmedia.com
- AI Gone Wild, Real-Time Data Comes to CRM and More to Expect in 2017, www.cmswire.com
- IoT Is A Security Mess And Regulators Are Paying Attention, Ad Exchanger
- Marketing Automation for Sales Development, Marketo
- Predictive Marketing: The Next Must-Have Technology for CMOs, www.cmswire.com
- Sequencing the Marketing Stack for Local Businesses, tidings.com
- Take Stock of your (Marketing Technology) Stack, marketingviews.me
- Google Play Ranking Algorithm Update 12/3, incipia.co
- How retail apps can improve user engagement and retention, Mobile Commerce Daily
- Pokemon Go Will Turn Starbucks Locations Into PokeStops, Gyms, AdWeek
- Facebook Glitch Reposts Old Photos, PC Magazine
- Facebook tests turning comment reels into message threads, TechCrunch
- Fading anonymous social network Yik Yak is laying off most of its employees, TechCrunch
- Social Isn’t Driving Dollars…So What’s Next?, simplymeasured.com
- This is getting ridiculous. Facebook just ripped off Snapchat’s navigation, Mashable
New on MarTech