MarTech Today: Twitter’s algorithmic rollout, real-time search algorithm updates & IT purchasing by CMOs
Here’s our recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: Twitter’s algorithmic timeline now fully rolled out, few opt-outs reported Mar 18, 2016 by Matt McGee As the rollout of the “new improved” timeline reaches all Twitter users, the company says fewer than […]
Here’s our recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Twitter’s algorithmic timeline now fully rolled out, few opt-outs reported
Mar 18, 2016 by Matt McGee
As the rollout of the “new improved” timeline reaches all Twitter users, the company says fewer than 10 percent of users have opted out.
- [VIDEO] Marketing Land Live #5: Google’s new analytics suite, Instagram goes algorithmic & more
Mar 18, 2016 by Matt McGee
If you missed our fifth episode, watch the video replay below featuring Ginny Marvin, Barry Levine, Barry Schwartz, Greg Sterling and yours truly.
- Why real-time search algorithm updates may be bad news
Mar 18, 2016 by Patrick Stox
With real-time algorithm updates becoming the norm in place of manual releases, what issues might arise? Columnist Patrick Stox examines some potential effects of faster algorithm updates.
- The inbox laboratory: How email can thrive on empirical experimentation
Mar 18, 2016 by Steve Dille
Columnist Steve Dille explains how personal data is being mined in adventurous new ways — and how email marketers can seize the advantage this practice offers.
- CMOs flex IT purchasing muscle, but is that a good thing?
Mar 18, 2016 by Michael Shearer
As IT spending power increasingly shifts to CMOs, columnist Michael Shearer explains why marketing and IT need to come together to select the right tools and services to stay competitive.
From Around The Web:
- Why Page Speed Matters & PageSpeed Insights Fails – A Developer’s Tale, www.portent.com
- What CSS Means for Ecommerce Merchants, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Ad Tech Must Cure Its Metric Vertigo, adexchanger.com
- How Marketers Are Dealing with the Growth of Tech, www.emarketer.com
- Marketers shouldn’t make tech the enemy, digiday.com
- 10 Essential Tools for Marketing on Instagram, www.marketingprofs.com
- Three reasons Instagram’s algorithmic timeline is yet another terrible idea, econsultancy.com
- Why I’m opting out of Twitter’s algorithmic timeline, venturebeat.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.