MarTech Today: Google HTML5 Ads, Data-Led Inbound Marketing & Edits To Knowledge Graph
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: Google: Flash Ads Are Finally Going Out, HTML5 Ads Are In Feb 9, 2016 by Ginny Marvin Flash-based ads will no longer be accepted starting January 2, 2017. Obsessed with Search? Registration […]
Barry Levine on February 10, 2016 at 9:00 am | Reading time: 3 minutes
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google: Flash Ads Are Finally Going Out, HTML5 Ads Are In
Feb 9, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Flash-based ads will no longer be accepted starting January 2, 2017.
- Obsessed with Search? Registration Open For Search Engine Land’s SMX Advanced Conference
Feb 9, 2016 by Marketing Land
Registration is now open for sister site Search Engine Land’s SMX Advanced, which takes place June 22–23 on the waterfront in Seattle, at the Bell Harbor International Conference Center. SMX Advanced is the only conference designed exclusively for experienced search marketers.
- Google Takes New Measures Against 3 Giant Botnets
Feb 9, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
New auto-filter applied to traffic drive by botnets that have infected more than half a million devices globally.
- Facebook Told To Stop Tracking Non-Users Or Face Fines In France
Feb 9, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Privacy regulator accuses Facebook of undisclosed cookie-based tracking of internet users who do not have Facebook accounts.
- Jump-Start Your SEO With These 6 Surefire Tactics
Feb 9, 2016 by Stoney deGeyter
Every site has different SEO needs, but contributor Stoney deGeyter provides some quick wins to get your SEO program started on the right foot.
- Data-Led Inbound Marketing, Part 2
Feb 9, 2016 by Chris Liversidge
Columnist Chris Liversidge shows how a streamlined, data-led process can be used to set clear priorities and objectives that drive both social and SEO performance over time.
- Google Letting Official Representatives Of Knowledge Graph Boxes Suggest Changes In Search Results
Feb 9, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
You can now quickly make edits to Knowledge Graph cards that you represent directly in the Google search results.
From Around The Web:
- Google wants to deliver packages from self-driving trucks, qz.com
- PayPal’s Chief Technology Officer Resigns, techcrunch.com
- CSC Issues “New gTLD Utilization Report”, www.thedomains.com
- ICANN names Goran Marby new CEO, domainincite.com
- Account-Based Marketing Offering Propels Madison Logic to Achieve a 72% Revenue Growth, www.marketwired.com
- Bazaarvoice and BzzAgent Launch BzzReviews Pro in Strategic Partnership, www.prnewswire.com
- 8 ways to avoid fads, gimmicks and shiny martech toys, www.cmo.com.au
- Agencies, Marketing-Tech Cos. on Quest for Personalization, adage.com
- Marketing attribution systems: a quick look at the options, www.martechadvisor.com
- Google Reverses Its Decision To Ban Ad Blocking Apps From The Google Play Store, techcrunch.com
- Use Facebook Activity Log as a Bookmarking Tool, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- Vine adds video sorting, caption editing, and 3D Touch support, venturebeat.com
New on MarTech