MarTech Today: The bots era, the TacoBot & HTTP to HTTPS
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: The week when digital marketing entered the bots era Apr 14, 2016 by Barry Levine It’s not just Facebook Messenger’s new bot platform, but that huge userbase bends the tipping point. Inside the […]
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- The week when digital marketing entered the bots era
Apr 14, 2016 by Barry Levine
It’s not just Facebook Messenger’s new bot platform, but that huge userbase bends the tipping point.
- Inside the making of Taco Bell’s artifically intelligent, drunk-tolerant TacoBot
Apr 14, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Taco Bell and its agency, Deutsch, built a Slack bot that uses Facebook’s AI technology to take down orders and even crack a couple of jokes.
- Proposed EU–US “Privacy Shield” data transfer agreement dead in current form
Apr 14, 2016 by Greg Sterling
As suggested by earlier leaks, European privacy regulators are rejecting the new “Privacy Shield” Data Transfer Agreement announced in February as insufficiently protective of personal data.
- Stop scattering chum: Use intent data to catch big fish with your marketing automation platform
Apr 14, 2016 by Thomas Koletas
Is your marketing automation as smart as it should be? Columnist Thomas Koletas explains how using intent data can help make your automation program more intelligent and efficient.
- HTTP to HTTPS: An SEO’s guide to securing a website
Apr 14, 2016 by Patrick Stox
Despite the numerous benefits of switching to HTTPS, many SEOs and website owners have not done so. For those feeling intimidated by the prospect of switching to HTTPS, columnist Patrick Stox breaks down the process.
- How I use my marketing technology stack (SEO edition)
Apr 14, 2016 by Michael Shearer
What does your SEO technology stack look like? Columnist Michael Shearer walks through the tools he uses from keyword research to content creation to link-building outreach.
From Around The Web:
- How Adobe and Google Are Shaping the Future of Digital Analytics, www.cmswire.com
- Introducing Document Analytics, contently.com
- Chrome 50 arrives with push notification improvements, drops support for old Windows and OS X versions, VentureBeat
- Facebook Poaches Google’s Regina Dugan and Bets Big on Creating Devices, www.adweek.com
- Why Drone Technology and Content Marketing are a Perfect Marriage, www.thesaleslion.com
- WordPress & Web Design Trends In 2016 To Get Excited About, www.wpexplorer.com
- Create Original Images for Your Emails with Artworktool, blogs.constantcontact.com
- 3 trends driving the chatbot revolution, venturebeat.com
- 4 Reasons Why Marketing Automation Fails, blog.marketo.com
- Marketing Automation Tools to Boost Customer Referrals, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Shopify acquires Kit CRM to bolster bot-based messaging for merchants, www.zdnet.com
- Where Marketing Automation Fits in the DX Journey, www.cmswire.com
- 3 Social Image Tools That Increase Exposure and Engagement, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 9 Awesome Tools To Up Your Instagram Marketing Game, www.toprankblog.com
- Augmented Reality vs. Virtual Reality: where should brands focus?, econsultancy.com
- Vine releases a Watch button because scrolling is too much work, techcrunch.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.