Marketing Day: YouTube Shopping Ads, Facebook’s New Search Feature & Snapchat’s “Official Stories”
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- [Reminder] Live Webcast: Why Agencies Need Marketing Automation
Nov 16, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
It’s clear in today’s market that traditional media companies need to adapt to the digital environment to grow their market share. A major challenge for agencies is to be able to quickly and accurately identify which customers are ready to adopt a digital strategy while insuring their sales team a cost-effective and efficient conversion.
- Will Fraud, Waste & Ad Blocking Drive More Outcomes-Based Ad Models?
Nov 16, 2015 by Greg Sterling
The digital ad industry has lately been hit by a kind of triple whammy: bot fraud, viewability issues and ad blocking. Notwithstanding these challenges, money continues to pour into digital from traditional media because it’s where consumers are spending their time.
- YouTube Shopping Ad Formats Now Available To All AdWords Advertisers
Nov 16, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
Retailers can extend Shopping Campaigns to their own and other videos on YouTube.
- Using Paid Search To Bring Customers In-Store
Nov 16, 2015 by Amy Bishop
With the holidays quickly approaching, what better time than the present to look for ways to increase foot traffic to your stores? Columnist Amy Bishop shows how to leverage geography and intent, audiences and your web experience to drive more in-store traffic.
- Can You Now Trust Google To Crawl Ajax Sites?
Nov 16, 2015 by Mark Munroe
On October 14, Google announced it no longer recommends the Ajax crawling scheme they published in 2009. Columnist Mark Munroe dives into the question of whether this means you can now count on Google to successfully crawl and index an Ajax site.
- Why Digital Attribution Is An Unsolvable Problem
Nov 16, 2015 by Lewis Gersh
Do you have an attribution problem? Columnist Lewis Gersh believes if you’re using attribution the wrong way, then you just might.
- 8 Ways To Boost Your Internal Culture Of Content Marketing
Nov 16, 2015 by Quinn Whissen
Successful content starts with the people and processes who make up your organization. Columnist Quinn Whissen lays out eight ways to foster a culture of content among your internal team.
- Bombora Brings Massive B2B Intent Data Store For The First Time To Adobe
Nov 16, 2015 by Barry Levine
Available through Adobe’s newly launched Audience Marketplace, the info gives marketers another way to target business users by interests.
- Email Marketing Search Engine Notablist Launches Pro Edition With Real-Time Alerts & Dashboard
Nov 16, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Notablist founder Michael Johnston says launching the Pro version before Black Friday was a top priority for the team.
- Facebook Piloting New Profile Search Feature On Profile Pages
Nov 16, 2015 by Greg Finn
A new feature being tested allows users to search for specific information from a profile quickly and easily!
- Modern Marketing Essential Guide To Social Marketing
Nov 13, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
Social media has evolved. From super-sensitive sentiment detection to data-driven channel charges, the technology is here to actually use social engagements in repeatable, business-building ways.
- Snapchat Adds “Official Stories” Verification For Celebrities & Others
Nov 13, 2015 by Danny Sullivan
Service also improves ability to search and find celebrities, even if they have unusual account names.
- Why Marketers Should Push For Machine Learning-Based Fraud Detection
Nov 13, 2015 by Barry Levine
The key reason, says the CEO of machine learning anti-fraud firm Sift Science, is because fewer delays for users means more sign-ups and sales.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Foursquare Joins Apple Maps Data Sources As Company Builds Out Ecosystem
- Google Search Quality Raters Handbook Updated With Mobile Guidelines, Local Queries & Know Queries
- Google’s Natural Language Search Gets Smarter
- Image Extensions Get Another Go In Bing Ads, Now Out Of Beta
- Android 6 “Marshmallow” & SEO Series: Click To Search With Google Mobile
- Writing Ad Copy That Converts
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Publisher Guide: How to Prepare for Black Friday 2015, blog.affiliatewindow.com
- What is affiliate marketing & why do you need it?, econsultancy.com
- Data analysts vs. data scientists: What’s the difference?, econsultancy.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 3 Ways Real-Time Live Blogging Can Boost Your Traffic, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg to Sponsor U.S. Navy Submarine, www.adweek.com
- 5 Key Considerations for Selecting a Content Marketing Solution That Works, www.martechadvisor.com
- Announcing Moz’s New Beginner’s Guide to Content Marketing, moz.com
- Collaborate With Influencers To Create Winning Content Assets, www.toprankblog.com
- Content Marketing Propaganda, www.cmswire.com
- Content Marketing: What’s a Lede?, www.practicalecommerce.com
- How to write a content marketing strategy step-by-step, blog.bufferapp.com
- Where Content Marketing 2016 Is Headed, heidicohen.com
- Why it is Difficult for Businesses to Measure Content Budgets, www.martechadvisor.com
- 2X Your Conversion Rate in Less Than 30 Days, conversionxl.com
- Black Friday landing pages analysed: AO.com to Tesco, econsultancy.com
- How to Understand Your Social Audience for Better Conversions, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 7 Copywriting Hacks Based in Psychology, blog.kissmetrics.com
- How Apple Is Giving Design A Bad Name, www.fastcodesign.com
- Managing Research, Relationships, and Expectations During Your Website Redesign, www.usertesting.com
- Static Website Generators Reviewed: Jekyll, Middleman, Roots, Hugo, www.smashingmagazine.com
- You Don’t Need a Unicorn: Anatomy of a Great UX Team, www.usertesting.com
- Connect, Communicate, Conquer! All With A Domain Name, dotweekly.com
- Google’s 20 Most Valuable Keyword Domain Names, www.domaininvesting.com
- This new top level domain name costs $30,000 per year to register, domainnamewire.com
- 46 Percent of Holiday Shopping, Buying Will be Online, smallbiztrends.com
- 5 Tips for Ecommerce Success this Holiday Season, multichannelmerchant.com
- Amazon Expands Launchpad, Its Product Hunt-Meets-Shopify-Shyp Rival, To The UK, techcrunch.com
- Blurring the Lines Between Retail and Ecommerce, multichannelmerchant.com
- How to Sell an Amazon Marketplace Business, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Merchants Watch Online Sales Data for Shifts in Buying Habits, www.wsj.com
- Most Daily Deal Site Customers Stay Subscribed, www.emarketer.com
- Retailers can learn from e-commerce gains last holiday season, www.internetretailer.com
- Tips for Increasing Sales on Black Friday, www.getelastic.com
- Which e-retailers delay decking sites for the holidays?, www.internetretailer.com
- 5 B2B Email Marketing Strategies for Better Results, www.martechadvisor.com
- How Marketers Are Abusing Emails, multichannelmerchant.com
- How to Get Facebook Fans to Join Your Email List, blogs.constantcontact.com
General Internet Marketing
- 4 Key Trends Digital Marketers Should Look Out for, www.martechadvisor.com
- 4 Lessons Hollywood Can Teach Brands About Winning Big Audiences, www.adweek.com
- 6 Free Internet Marketing Worksheets, www.clicknewz.com
- 7 Reasons Digital Advertising Wins, blog.marketo.com
- How to Turn an Influencer into a Loyal Member of Your Site’s Community, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Co-Founder Returns to EveryoneSocial as CEO, www.marketwired.com
- 3 Reasons Why It is Time for Marketing and Advertising Technologies to Join Forces, www.martechadvisor.com
- Five best practice tips to boost mobile conversions, econsultancy.com
- How to prepare for increased mobile traffic over the holidays, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Merge VR Goggles Bring VR Experiences to iOS, Android, www.adweek.com
- Mobile Programmatic: Brand Builder or Brand Buster?, adage.com
- The Basics of Mobile Friendly, www.verticalresponse.com
- Facebook Says It Will Enable Safety Check In More Human Disasters, Following Criticism, TechCrunch
- 5 Tips for Engaging With Influencers on Twitter, www.adweek.com
- 9 Social Media Tools Recommended by Marketing Pros, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Ahead Of Oculus Rift, Facebook’s Planning More VR Advertising, www.fastcompany.com
- Do Hashtags Mean Engagement on Twitter, Instagram?, www.adweek.com
- Ello Again, www.fastcompany.com
- Facebook Ups Its Sticker Game As The First Paid Packs Arrive For Messenger, techcrunch.com
- GIFs on Kik, blog.kik.com
- Hide and Seek with Facebook Ads, www.distilled.net
- Inside Mark Zuckerberg’s Bold Plan For The Future Of Facebook, www.fastcompany.com
- Not Into The Hearts? Twitter Appears To Be Testing Multi-Emoji Reactions, techcrunch.com
- Socialbakers Finds Shares Correlate 94% with Brands’ Viral Reach, www.socialbakers.com
- The Ridiculously Awesome Guide to Facebook Remarketing, www.wordstream.com
- This Social Platform Pays Cash for User Content, www.adweek.com
- When Followers Attack: A Monty Python Guide to Maintaining Social Media Harmony, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 70% of Car Buyers Who Use YouTube Are Influenced by Videos, www.reelseo.com
- Facebook advertisers are adapting to the fast pace of videos, digiday.com
- Predicting Video Viewability Is The Next Step To Transacting On It, adexchanger.com