Marketing Day: Google Shopping ads, landing page tests & Apple’s earnings report
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- A new test extends Google Shopping ads to the Display Network
May 3, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Ads will start appearing first on fashion and home design sites.
- The robots who will warm your heart — and drive your branding
May 3, 2017 by David Rodnitzky
Columnist David Rodnitzky looks into the future of branding in a world that’s being increasingly dominated by AI, machine learning and other tech.
- The great big list of landing page tests to try
May 3, 2017 by Amy Bishop
Sometimes half the battle of conversion optimization is coming up with ideas for things to test. That’s where this post from columnist Amy Bishop comes in!
- How customer identity solutions slash churn — and boost revenue
May 3, 2017 by Mike Sands
Columnist Mike Sands explains how the right customer identity solution will help you tap into your customer data and build a long-term approach to customer engagement.
- 3 predictions about the future of SEO
May 3, 2017 by Ryan Shelley
What do current trends say about the direction of search, and how can you prepare? Columnist Ryan Shelley shares his predictions for the industry.
- Top mistakes new online retailers make
May 3, 2017 by Steve Olenski
Are you a new online store owner or looking to improve your e-commerce strategy? Contributor Steve shares the top five errors you should avoid to help you get ahead in the e-commerce game.
- Zvelo complements its free bot detection with first page-level breakdown
May 3, 2017 by Barry Levine
The Denver-based anti-malware firm launches its Comprehensive Page-level Traffic service.
- MailChimp’s email automations are now free to everyone
May 3, 2017 by Barry Levine
The email service provider is announcing that its triggered emails — previously only for paid users — are now available at no cost.
- Use these 5 tips for more engaging client presentations
May 3, 2017 by Matt Umbro
Are your presentations winning over your clients and prospects? Columnist Matt Umbro shares tips for crafting presentations that truly connect with your audience.
- Turn customers into brand advocates with a review response strategy
May 2, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
There are many reasons why a customer may choose to share their local experience with other customers on social review channels. Brands should be paying close attention to these reasons, aligning their response strategies to review sentiment in order to improve the customer experience.
- Apple’s $52.9B in revenue misses estimates, iPhone sales below expectations
May 2, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Apple sells 50.8 million iPhones vs. roughly 53 million expected by Wall Street.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Affiliate Marketing Evolves, Again, Practical Ecommerce
- Etsy names Josh Silverman as its new CEO, TechCrunch
- Facebook Is Hiring 3,000 People to Help Prevent Suicide and Murder Videos From Being Shared, Adweek
- Pinterest Poaches Top Talent From Mondelez, Ford Agency GTB, AdAge
- How to Become a Content Marketing Hero, Convince and Convert
- The State of Healthcare Content Marketing in 2017, MarketingProfs
- Want to Be a Content Marketing Rock Star? Focus on Your “Greatest Hits”, Mack Collier
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Consumer User Experience Survey Results, Choozle
- Designing Voice Experiences, Smashing Magazine
- UX Design Specialisation, Usability Geek
- 5 Simple Tips for Creating More Irresistible Product Pages, The Blog Herald
- 7 Automated Emails Your E-commerce Store Needs to be Sending, Kiss Metrics
- Are Online Marketplaces Preying on Your Business?, Multichannel Merchant
- The Golden Rule of Ecommerce Website Design: Don’t Confuse Your Customers, CMS Wire
- 3 Steps for Successful Email Marketing Campaigns in a “Post-Email” World, Marketo
- 5 of the Best Tools to Build Your Email List Online, Constant Contact Blogs
- eBay Incorporates Machine Learning to Overhaul Email Marketing Platform, eMarketer
- How To Make Gmail Ads More Effective, PPC Hero
- The Top 7 Benefits of Email Marketing, Small Biz Trends
- What’s a Spam Trap, Anyway?, Movable Ink Blog
General Internet Marketing
- Intentional Creativity: 3 Steps for CMOs, AdAge
- Just One In Four Ad Buyers Know The Brand Safety Measures Of The Ads They Buy, Vibrant Media
- Why Your Marketing Personalization Isn’t Good Enough Yet, Convince and Convert
Internet Marketing Industry
- Acxiom and ShareThis Join Forces to Create Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) Offering to Improve Audience Targeting and Analytics for Marketers, Yahoo Finance
- Alterian Launches Campaign Manager 6.0, Business Wire
- Origami Logic Pushes Marketing Performance Into the Post-Dashboard Era, Origami Logic
- Report: Social Media Continues to Be a Top Marketing Tactic for Local Merchants, Street Fight
- Why App Marketing Is a Game of Inches, Think with Google
- 2 Awesome Twitter Search Tools That Give You What Twitter Lacks, Internet Marketing Ninjas
- 3 Common Sins Brands Commit on Social, Adweek
- 7 Easy and Effective Customer Segments to Target in Facebook Ads, ConversionXL
- Comparing Snapchat’s Q1 Earnings To Facebook, MediaKix
- Here’s How to Use Saved Searches on Twitter for iOS, Adweek
- How to Legally Use Images in Your Social Media Marketing, Social Media Examiner
- Manage Multiple Social Media Accounts in WordPress With Social Media Suite, WordPress Tavern
- The Hidden Marketing Value of Social Care Tools, Conversocial
- Why Instagram May be Better Than Twitter for Reaching Your Customers, Small Biz Trends
- Why Twitter’s TellApart Fell Apart, AdExchanger
- You Should Know These Facts About Instagram, The Blog Herald
- Measure of Video Ad Spending Shows Sharp Increase, eMarketer
- Uploading To YouTube: The Ultimate Checklist For Video Marketing, The Sales Lion
- Will Live Video Save Twitter?, Social Media Explorer
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.