Marketing Day: Facebook boots data brokers, Instagram improves Stories ads & LinkedIn rolls out native video advertising
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Michelle Robbins on March 29, 2018 at 5:19 pm | Reading time: 3 minutes
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook booting data brokers, simplifying privacy tools to bolster user confidence
Mar 29, 2018 by Greg SterlingThe company is turning off ‘Partner Categories’ and adding privacy shortcuts.
- Instagram makes Stories advertising easier with automatic full-screen support
Mar 29, 2018 by Greg FinnNo full-screen vertical content? No problem! Instagram will automatically make full-screen creative for Stories on the fly.
- LinkedIn is rolling out native video advertising & video for Company Pages
Mar 29, 2018 by Robin KurzerVideo for Sponsored Content and Company Page video will be available to all business in the coming weeks.
- Twitter emoji ad targeting is still new territory for some brands
Mar 29, 2018 by Amy GesenhuesAfter nearly two years since its launch, Twitter’s emoji targeting remains a new concept for advertisers.
- Programmatic performance marketing (aka affiliate marketing) questions and answers
Mar 29, 2018 by Kevin LeeContributor Kevin Lee takes a close look at affiliate marketing and how it fits into the programmatic advertising space.
- Outbrain partners with Telaria to offer video ads
Mar 29, 2018 by Barry LevineThe content discovery platform said this is its first ongoing offering of outstream video ads.
- Unleash the power of 1st and 3rd party data
Mar 29, 2018 by Digital Marketing DepotFirst-party data — it’s what a company generates through interactions with their customers. It can include transaction data, website visitation, marketing, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) data and more. All of these data sources can and should be used to inform your understanding of who your existing customers are and how to attract new ones. But, […]
- ContentSquare’s new integration with Adobe Analytics lets marketers know which page elements perform best
Mar 29, 2018 by Barry LevineThe Paris-based firm says this integration offers the most detailed insights on page components to users of Adobe’s marketing tools.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- BIMI launches to add trusted logos to emails
Mar 29, 2018 by Barry LevineThe new protocol, built on the DMARC anti-spoofing email standard, could mean zillions of free brand impressions and a boost in email trust.
- Programmatic, branding, and what companies are missing: An interview with IAB’s Patrick Dolan
Mar 29, 2018 by Blaise LuceyFrom a rejection of media trading to an embrace of data-centricity, contributor Blaise Lucey speaks to the IAB president about moving the industry forward.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Apple ups its transparency game to avoid a Facebook-like scandal, The Next Web
- Identity is maintaining the conversation, not just the winning the conversion, AdAge
- Snap Cuts About 100 Employees in Latest Round of Downsizing, Bloomberg
- Microsoft is launching a huge reorganization to focus on AI and the cloud, MIT Technology Review
- Twitter makes it easier to share the right part of a live video with launch of ‘Timestamps’, TechCrunch
- Instagram brings GIFs back to Stories with stricter moderation, The Verge
- Facebook eyes broader political ad disclosures, but won’t say when, Axios
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.